1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.C Vanessa Command List

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Myke, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Uh, no, it's a mid punch.

2. Low_Sweep

Low_Sweep Well-Known Member

It is a mid attack but its classified as a HP on the frame table. You should be able to sabaki it with 6p+k which only sabaki's HP and HK if this is true. Maybe its a mistake. I will try it later.

3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Thanks for the correction, should be fixed in the next command list update.

4. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    As KoD instructed me i actually tested this out myself: OS BT [2] [K] + [G] is semicircular, same as VF4.

(It took me a while to figure out how to test this: i set the AI to evade but then i had to figure out a way to get back turned from OS. I ended up using k+g > f+p+k and then k>f+p+k running over the opponent.)

Also, OS [6] [P] has crouch stagger. Always had. Dunno why it's not marked in the command lists.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  5. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    You gotta be kidding me. They couldn't just give her one fully circular in OS could they... (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif don't count). Haha, there isn't even a way to consistently enter bt state in OS...jerks...

6. Jeneric

Her backturned game sucks anyway, so even if there was a way to enter it there would be no point. Not everyone has a usable fully circular move, so it's no big deal.

7. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    There also isn't many ways to getting into BT anyway, other than DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and jumping over someone.

With that said, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and DS BT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif aren't great, but they don't suck.

MC /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will beat almost any attack for great damage. The range is shit, but 15 frame special high makes up for it on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif spam.

8. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    While looking at past command lists in order to find things for KoD to test with his automated inputs setup i realised there's more stuff missing:

DS [2] [P] + [K] has force crouch.

Force crouch is marked for [1] [P], dunno why it's not marked for this move too.

[1] [K] + [G] and DS [1] [P] slam on air hit.

That's not marked in the command lists anymore. I guess it's by choice. I also think that OS bunker buster and bunker crusher slam on air hit but i'm not 100% sure.

I totally agree. I try to use that sequence against abare opponents. As long as i don't whiff it's only -2 on block! crazy.gif

9. Jeneric

....but why? Everytime you used /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is a time you could've used /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or even /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif instead, all moves that are better in every sense of the way.

Using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is just not a move with any solid use behind it, it's dependent on luck/layer 3 guesswork. Stick to what works.

10. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    It doesn't work? I could've sworn I've landed it before and mixed in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif cancel> throw too. I guess I'm full of shit.

Maybe some people like to add variation?

11. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I've recently realized that, contrary what's noted in the command list, [3] [P] does not have Super Replay. Vanessa's second move with Super Replay in DS is [6] [P] + [K], [P]. Maybe the switch took place between ver.B and ver.C? Anyway thought i'd point it out for the command list.

Btw, any recompilatons soon?

12. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Maybe, in the first week of June. I should have some free time to go through the command lists topics and edit the move lists.

Thanks to everyone for continuing listing the errors or blanks in the command lists.

13. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    Im not sure if this is a mistake or not, but I figured I'd point it out. I'm also no where near my Xbox, so I can't test it my self.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif in DS is listed as being mid-level, but it's class listed as being HK. This may be correct and I just didn't realize, but It seemed odd, so if someone could test it that would be awesome.

14. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Bleh, who tests stuff?

15. MystD

MystD Well-Known Member

Is Short Upper (OS) really -6 on G? It feels more like -7 or -8.

16. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Confirmed and corrected. Thanks again and sorry it took so long to update the command lists -_-;;

Is there a certain test you did to test this?

When I finish running some errands I will add in other corrections/tests.

17. MystD

MystD Well-Known Member

Nope I just couldnt fuzzy under Punches. Perhaps Im just too slow.

18. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Tested, the OS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is -6 on guard. You are either too slow or the opposing character's standing punch is 11 frames or less. At -6, you can only crouch dash forward to avoid 12-frame standing punch (Jeffry, Wolf, Aoi), standard mid attacks, and 12-frame throws.

Confirmed. Added in the notes section.

19. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Superb job on the updates akai! (y)

While we're at it, could somebody test DS [6][P][K][K]? I am positive i've seen it stagger opponents sometimes and i suspect it has either crouch stagger or crouchguard stagger. (Note: if somebody does test and it turns out it's only crouchstagger PM me and i'll remove the second paragraph of this post, that way we won't clutter this thread)

20. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Is OS [P] [P] [P] [K] really a mid knee :confused: :confused: It sure looks like a mid kick. Can somebody test?

Meanwhile i tested some stuff on my own, although it was pretty obvious they were just typos:

DS [3] [P] is not a mid punch (obviously). Tested in free training mode vs Jacky set to neutral, then set to crouching. It's a high punch. I'd like also to remind you that in ver.C it has no Super Replay.

DS [2][K][P] is not a high punch. Tested vs Jacky set to neutral. Judging from the animation, it's probably a high elbow like in VF4evo.

DS [6] [P] + [K], [P] is not a mid punch. Tested vs Jacky set to neutral again. Most probably it's an MDP, judging from the way it animates. Reminding you that in ver.C it has Super Replay.

Finally, i just realised there's most probably an ERROR IN THE LEGEND: instead of explaining HWT the legend falsely explains HBT twice. Funny how this could have slipped all this time unnoticed crazy.gif

If HWT is indeed what i think it is (a High Wall Throw) then there's 2 additional errors in the vanessa command list: [6] [6] [P] + [G] from both stances should be noted as HWT and not just HT.