1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5c vane round openers

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by erdraug, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Shoutbox pointed out an important option too.. simply backwalk from the start.. block if they do something..

2. in DS i start a backdash followed by [6] [P] [K] [K].i don't know if it's a complete backdash and i don't know if a half backdash is possible (i'm probabily saying nonsense [​IMG]).what matter is that it work well.in this way i avoid the fast attacks with short range,my first fist misses hit but the kick doesen't miss.if the opponent block i am not in d bad situation because i am out of throw range. if the opponent tries a midle range move, [6] [P] is fast enough to beat him. but if the opponent backdash too the distance is good to [6] [6] [K] [+] [G] (at my big risk,obviously). also , seems that the evasive action is not a good choice for the opponent,for some reason that i don't know with certainty. I submit that i am not expert in frames (like some have surely noticed) and i don't know VF in great detail , what i write is only from my experiences in online games

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    You can cancel a backdash with an attack so yes, 'half' backdash is possible.

Backdash can be canceled only by an attack or an evade (defensive move).

4. true! i can remember now , i have already cancelled my back dash with defensive move at the round beginning , when my opponent see my back dash and tries to punish me with Aoi's [6] [6] [K].i thik this techniqes is good againsr akira's [6] [6] [6] [P].it isn't?

5. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Yes Sparedifference, it's very good against akira. In fact, as Jeneric and Manji have pointed out, it's very good against EVERYBODY :) You are inadvertently trying to perform the advanced technique called "boxstep" we are discussing about :LOL: :cool: Here is some additional info on cancelling and stepping that you might find interesting.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  6. much has been written about vane's opening,but something is been forgot: i mean OS [6] [6] [P]. i have often use this move succesfully , and i've seen many Vane-players to use this . i think it give more disadvantage than OS [6] [P] on block,but at the opening distance it puts the opponent out of throw's range(i'm sure at 90%,i'll test it as soon) so i'm not in bad situation,i think . By the way,i've tested OS [4] [4] [3] [P] [+] [K] today for the first time. i am been glad to notice that it works pretty well and gives "100 style points" [​IMG] IMO

7. ...i was forgetting : thanks for suggest me the place where i can learn CANCELLING and STEPPING

8. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Yes Sparedifference, OS [6] [6] [P] indeed has awesome pushback as does DS df+k+g btw :LOL: However the problem is that it's execution is 15f which means that it loses to 14f speed [6] [P] that most characters seem to have.

Also, while it's very safe on block, it has 44 total frames so (contrary to [6] [P]) if the opponent sidesteps it (using one of the stepping techniques mentioned above :cool:) vanessa will be left there sticking her arm out, waiting to get thrown, or worse.

Those two reasons, combined with the fact that it doesn't really offer impressive advantage on CH, is probably why nobody has mentioned it.

That said, if i'm feeling funky, i sometimes do open rounds with it, then doing OM [P] on hit or block (the pushback almost guarantees vane will evade the usual retaliations), then [6] [6] [P], then OM [P] again to the other side in order to push the opponent to the wall. But that's just fooling around, not a surefire way to win games, and definetly not recommended :X3:

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  9. My [6] [6] [P] was beaten by Jacky's [6] [P] today,just like you sayd.I've experienced it in first person,but i know the limits of this move now so i can make a better use of i(i am obstinate [​IMG]). Also i realize that i don't use [6] [P] often because i don't know well what i can do after it [​IMG](i must fill this gap). Wow , i've learned many things today ,VFDC is interesting!!