1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS in Yakuza 6 has Online Play

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Nov 11, 2016.

By Myke on Nov 11, 2016 at 8:15 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    A couple of months ago we learnt that VF5FS was making its debut on the PS4 console, via Yakuza 6. According to this recent tweet by Orange Man (@oojinjahime), it also has online play!

vf5fs-yakuza-6-online-play.jpg

Orange Man tweeted the following:

More information from @oneida via this profile post:

According to @IcKY99 within the profile post conversation, network performance via SharePlay seems far from ideal based on his experiences with Guilty Gear Xrd. Will the same hold true for VF5FS in Yakuza 6?

Sonic The Fighters likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Going to a Club SEGA to play VF :0

lol that's cool, hope the port and the netcode are good so... But seems not the case :')
      Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    2. Jide
      Jide
      This is sorta good news I guess... There is no netcode for this will be purely down to shareplay.
    3. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      Yes share play is NO WAY TO PLAY A FIGHTING GAME ONLINE!!!! I had tested share play with @Puno_de_Leyenda playing GGXRD on ps4 and it wasn't playable, a few frames of lag behind your host and the video quality is pixelated since you are streaming the game from a friends console. Needless to say if this is true that multiplayer is share play only its very sad for VF.
      oneida likes this.
    4. oneida
      oneida
      Let's test shareplay connection when this game comes out. I expect it will be horrendous.
      IcKY99 and Ellis like this.
    5. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      It seems that this is a bad news.
      VF5FS on PS4 is possible only by:
      1) PS Now (needs subscription, and is a stream with delay aka shareplay)
      2) "mini game" in Yakuza 6 (only VS mode, no rooms, no rankings, and stream with delay aka shareplay).
      ... Am i right?

If yes, then this is a shame for SEGA! I will be forced to buy Xbox One specially for VF5FS, which will be the best possible console release (no cons , only pros in comparison to its original).
      IcKY99 likes this.
    6. cruzlink2
      cruzlink2
      Thing that kills me about this entire topic is that lot's of people didn't play FS when it was available in last gen consoles IE PS3 and 360. I know 360 cost 60 a year but PS3 PSN was free as shitty as it was. So what's the excuse for not playing then? Cause new Gen ports on this game will bring no improvements unless it is on PC but most new gen consoles only do emulation and not True porting, so on top of online lag you have emulation input lag....
      VFhayato, BlackGeneral and IcKY99 like this.
    7. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Are here anybody going purchase Yakuza 6 (Ryu ga Gotoku 6: Inochi no Uta) for getting VF5FS on PS4?
      If yes, please, post your review on VF5FS on PS4!

Also, are there asian version with english subtitles or voices?
      Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    8. oneida
      oneida
      I am planning on importing Yakuza 6 and reviewing the VF5FS port this month.

I will also do a more technical evaluation of VF5FS on XB1.

It was just announced that Yakuza 6 would be coming to the West in 2018. It is unlikely that there will be a subtitled release before that.
      SUGATA likes this.
    9. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      I'll be waiting for your review
    10. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Hi, any news on getting VF5FS in Yakuza 6 and testing it?
      oneida likes this.
    11. oneida
      oneida
      SUGATA and NGKrush like this.
    12. NGKrush
      NGKrush
      i guess what everyone(aka: me) wants to know is:
      - is it playable?
      - do you need to walk for 20 minutes before reaching an arcade to play it, or can you access it from the menu?
    13. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      U gotta visit a game center to play its a mini game
    14. oneida
      oneida
      you can play 2P versus from the main menu
      totally playable
      SUGATA and jimi Claymore like this.
    15. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      1) is this aka PS now , sharing stream (so, worse graphics sound and delay) or VF5FS client is already on the disc ?
      2) How to VS: by invite or search?
      3) Rooms?
      4) rankings? Leaderboard?
      5) training mode? Ability to save and start replays with frame data hud?
      I.e. This is the complete VF5FS from past gen consoles itself or only its part by is now stream?
    16. oneida
      oneida
      client is on the disc.
      online vs is only available thru shareplay, dunno how that works
      No rooms
      No ranks, no leaderboards
      No training mode, no replays, no frame data. No costumes, no challenges, nothing.

It is _only_ arcade mode (score attack) and offline VS. (and online vs via shareplay) the only thing this has which the XBLA/PSN version doesn't have is the arcade intro.
      SUGATA likes this.
    17. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Thank you very much for this info
      Unfortunately these are the bad news for me.
      It seems VF5FS via BC on Xbox One with all past gen features is the best way to play VF on current gen consoles.
      Kruza and oneida like this.