1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Kage TFT Combos

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Drift, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Against Sarah, Vanessa, and Eileen(with expected difficulty):

46P+G, 2_6K, 4P, 6_P, 66P+K, dash, 46K+GK!K (or KPK)

90 damage (89 KPK) and ring-out potential comparable to regular ring-out TFT.

2. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Here is a cool TFT combo that will ring out opponents on low walls when your back is against it and you think the opponent will try to break a back directional throw. Combo can be teched after the second P. Thanks to Dennis for showing me this!

On stages with no wall you can do KPK after the bound instead for guaranteed combo + ringout

Valakrie, Tumbling Dice, nou and 5 others like this.
  3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Here are a few ways to extend your TFT combos for more damage when nearing a wall toward the end of the combo.

This is an extension of the basic TFT combo:

[4][6][P][+][G] ~ [2_][6][K] ~ [6_][P] ~ [K][+][G] ~ [4][6][K][+][G]![K]![K] (86 pts)

If you end it near a wall then you get a wall splat, allowing a repeat of the triple kick hit-combo for a second wall splat, followed by some kind of ender:

[4][6][P][+][G] ~ [2_][6][K] ~ [6_][P] ~ [K][+][G] ~ [4][6][K][+][G]![K]![K] (wall splat) ~ [4][6][K][+][G]![K]![K] (wall splat) ~ [3][K][+][G] (101 pts)

A better version of this is to replace the triple kick hit-combo with a dragon punch. By keeping the total hit count down, your damage won't suffer the same amount of scaling (reduction):

[4][6][P][+][G] ~ [2_][6][K] ~ [6_][P] ~ [K][+][G] ~ [6][2][3][P][+][K] (wall splat) ~ [4][6][K][+][G]![K]![K] (wall splat) ~ [3][K][+][G] (108 pts)

If you're further from the wall such that a dragon punch won't cause a wall splat, then you can attempt the following:

[4][6][P][+][G] ~ [2_][6][K] ~ [6_][P] ~ [K][+][G] ~ [2_][3][P] (wall hit) ~ [6][6][P][+][K] ~ [4][6][K][+][G]![K]![K] ~ [3][K][+][G] (112 pts)

Finally, there's this from the middle of the ring:

[4][6][P][+][G] ~ [2_][6][K] ~ [6_][P] ~ [P][+][K] (wall hit) ~ [K][+][G] ~ [7][K][+][G] (wall splat) ~ [4][6][K][+][G]![K]![K] ~ [3][K][+][G] (120 pts)

Valakrie, ExzetyXat1, G0d3L and 5 others like this.
  4. cobratron

The 108pt and 112pt TFT combos are both achievable from the same distance which for me worked from middle of 12x12 ring. No reason to use the 108pt one unless you just feel like doing the DP.

The 120pt one is harder to land since sometimes opponent can tech before you start the dragon kick portion. Timing is really strict to get guaranteed hits. You need to dash before the somersault kick and dash again before the dragon kick.

But all 3 work from center stage or start of round.

Dennis0201 likes this.
  5. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

never occured to me to use P+K to get a soft wall bound.
    Nice job Myke!

6. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Did you try against all characters?

From my testing, starting from the centre of a 12x12 ring (e.g. Statues):

Against Heavy Weights (WO, JE)
    • The dragon punch splat (108pt) combo works.
    • The double bound (112pt) combo fails -- the triple kicks don't splat.

cobratron likes this.
  7. cobratron

No I plan on going through the whole cast with this today if I have time starting with the LW's. I'll bet there may even be inconsistencies between LW's like Shun, or Blaze.

8. cobratron

Same for Shun and Blaze. I haven't tried other LW's but these 2 always give me issues with Kage combos. No dragon kick splat. You can at least use KPK instead for 10 less damage for 102pts. The 120pt TFT combo also won't let dragon kick splat so I think your best bet is to to skip it and go straight to the 3K+G ender for 109pts or just use the 108pt combo which is easier imo.

9. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    I found that you can add a [6_][P] between the knee and DPoD for 86pts damage if on a 12x12 stage (aKa Statues) and (I think) it works in the training stage which I think is 16x16 but don't quote on me that, I might be wrong (12x12). The reason being why it works is that you get a soft wall splat on the second (or might be third) part of the DPoD so the K at the end will guaranteed connect.

10. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

About ring out TFT.

On No/Low Fences with your back at the edge of the ring (all but Taka):

[4][6][P][+][G]>[6][6]>[5]>[2][P][+][K]>[5]>[P][G]>[6_][P]>[4][6][K][+][G][K]![K] (it covers more distance than the others but you need to connect the dragon kicks quite high)

On No/Low Fences with your back at the edge of the ring (no Taka, Jeffry, El Blaze):

[4][6][P][+][G]>[6][6]>[5]>[2][P][+][K]>[5]>[P][G]>[6_][P]>[6][6][P][+][K]>[6][6][4][6][K][+][G][K]![K]

It covers less distance then the first one but it's easier to perform.
    The little dash before the dragon kicks is required for some charachters (Shun etc)

On No/Low Fences with your back at the edge of the ring (light weights):

[4][6][P][+][G]>[6][6]>[5]>[2][P][+][K]>[5]>[P][G]>[4][P]>[4][6][P][+][K][P] (cover less distance but easier to land)

On Medium Wall from center of the stage (all but Taka):

[4][6][P][+][G]>[6_]>[4][P]>[6_][P]>[4][6][K][+][G][K]![K]

It covers a little more distance than the one in the previous video.

On Medium Wall from 1 dash off the center of the stage (all but Taka):

[4][6][P][+][G]>[6_]>[4][P]>[4][6][K][+][G][K]![K]

Sozos, kingo, pana and 2 others like this.
  11. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

New wall-carry TFT from round-start distance:

TFT > 2_6K, 1PK (wall hit), K+G, 623P+K, 46K+GK!K, 3K+G - 117 dmg
    Use 2K+G instead of 623P+K for heavyweights and if you're too far for DP to splat (113 dmg.)

About one foot of extra distance can be had by replacing 1PK with 6_PK. (115 and 111 dmg.) I also recommend dashing before the K+G, but it can be difficult to time.

I feel this combo is more consistent than Myke's more damaging 120 pt 7K+G>Dragon kick combo.

cobratron and Myke like this.
  12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Drift, when you mentioned you found this variant "more consistent" I assumed you meant it could be used as an alternative to the ones I posted. But after finally testing these out, I found that's not quite the case! Specifically, I couldn't get your combo to work on half-fence stages from round-start, as mine did in the videos I posted.

I did find, however, that yours work in the smaller full-fence stages from the round-start position.

Just thought I'd mention this in case others had some trouble as I did.

13. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Small update to my last TFT wall-carry combo: You can replace the "dash > K+G" with 9K+G for 2 extra damage, topping out at 120 with 7K+G finisher (119 3K+G). I tried several variations in order to get an extra big bound with K+G after 9K+G. You can get the K+G to land and bound, but nothing will splat afterward.

14. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4

[4][6][P][+] [G] > [P][+][K] > [1][P][+][K] > [P] > [6][6][P][+][K] > [4][6][K][+][G][K]![K]

-4 DP - 77 DMG

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    Valakrie, Sozos and G0d3L like this.
  15. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

This combo was already known.
    I think was found and posted by Drif but I'm not sure and I'm not even able to find it again :confused:

But still good useless job my little scrub ;)

16. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    So I guess you know the maximum sobering combo involving the wall ? :p

17. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

I know my (until you, my dear copycat, will say it's yours ;) ) maximum TFT sobering combo but maybe there's better.

I can get -7DP.
    You???

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  18. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

-7 DP ? That's nice :cool:

19. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    From a little far away from the center of a 10x10 stage:

[4][6][P][+][G] > [P][+][K] > [1][P][+][K] > [P][+][K] ( Wall Hit ) > [6][6][P][+][K] > [4][6][K][+][G][K]![K] > [4][6][K][+][G][K]![K] > [P][+][K]

91 DMG, -7 DP

Not easy to get te first set of DK after the Bound ( the last hit tend to whiff if you do it without a delay, and if you delay a little bit too much, the complete DK just whiff...).
    I found it myself so shut up bitch !

@Chibitox: yeah, I tend to think Kage has a good set of useful moves to sober Shun quite consistently.

Sozos and Cozby like this.
  20. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, any tips for what's a good, reliable TFT combo when you're at an angle against the wall?

Chanchai likes this.