1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Online Rank Titles

Discussion in 'Console' started by akai, Jun 9, 2012.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    We have two magmalords on PSN:

AOIYuki
    Rikojjango

That's just too far up in the clouds 4 me., Wow, I probably would even be able to block LOL :(

2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Aren't they the same person on two accounts?

3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    It doesn't matter, I couln't block, no matter which account he guy used :(

These ranks are so far above where I'm at, and the game play is so far over my skillset, that all I can do is wave these cats on. I've been thinking about making a move for a 'warrior' rank, but conceptually I don't like the "warrior" title as much as I like "defender". We use to have a rank called protector (i think VF4 Evo) I wish there was a protector rank in VF5FS. I imagine myself to be a defender/protector of the (virtual shaolin temple) :confused:

I know this sounds kind-a whack, but I'm a kind-a whack dude. Last Monk Defender or
    Protector of faith, has a better ring to it than Last Monk Magmalord or Berserker, etc LOL.

4. Superspacehero

Superspacehero Well-Known Member

Best player ive met is stodamash's jacky, while ive won over him, he usually beat me in the matches after that. he seems to adapt very fast to the opponents rythm...

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    You may know him better as Pana, the Jacky content manager (he has numerous alts on PSN)

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I took the char usage pic and translate the name, just out of curiosity :D
    vf5fschars.png

7. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Jacky and Akira aren't a surprise. However it's weird seeing Shun and Taka lower than Jeffry and Lei-Fei. I always tought that Japanese players loved the drunk and the fat guy.

WiZzYx likes this.
  8. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    I think we see more Shun and Taka players cause there is more likely to be a high level Taka or Shun doing well in a tourney versus seeing any Jeffry player winning in a tourney.

9. Superspacehero

Superspacehero Well-Known Member

i j
    Well i guess when you are very familiar with the game mechanics, you get better at finding anti strategies. I remember him doing 4pk against my evade, and i was just going on antipilot not realizing it..I played fubuki today. He had a great sarah. A very fast adapting player, whoi is fluid and fast. I just met gentleman thief yesteday, and won 3 matches out of 4, he may be rusty from vacation, or something, cause ivnt seen him in one year. Many players are quite static though(which 98% on the web are) not many backdash counter attacks etc or low blocks etc, and many people do unsafe moves...whith guaranteed throw on block etc. Many players are quite slow thinking as well and being to unagressive as result, and many people dont read rhytms as well.

I like when you play high level players, they are identifying your rythm quite fast. If you do low punch they backdash counter, or do moves that jump over the low punch, and the low punch guy should should instead do p against attacks that jump over p. And if someone does backdash counters, you do attacks with greater reach.

Though, not many people know when to duck high attacks in strings, or how to act in accordance to strings, such as when to evade, or fuzzy in strings. The general skill level is not that high. When i watch japanese tournaments, the skill level is insane. Saw a guy with 80 000 matches though and most were on 40 000 matches., so i think that explains it ^^ Ive multiple accounts as well, i think my total game matches are around 10 000 ^^

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013