1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC: Blogging community

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Chibiaya, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    More the reason that a blog should be looked at as a form of entertainment as opposed to a learning tool, especially in the case of video games.

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    That is a problem of bad habits. The best thing any person trying to get stronger in this game is to first have a good understanding of the fundamentals; and second, be able to apply it accurately. There is no super secret technique. Do not expect instant results.

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Things that I post in my blog that I feel are relevant enough that it'll help the community I post on vfdc like lists, but things like my personal quest for the best strategy I feel belong more in the blog until you have proven the concept to work. It's like a bunch of scientists working in a lab and once they figured out how something worked they share with the rest of the community.

4. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

Some of the blogs reffered back to the official site and some didn't. If anyone is doing a blog on the game then they should let people know where to go by listing the official site.

I like the blogs. Any way to advertise the game is awesome, just remeber to tie the blogs in with any other internet sites you are innvolved in.

5. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I am involved with many internet sites.

6. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

I think that the easiness of creating online platforms such as blogs come in handy nowadays. Why should someone not share his knowledge, or experiences with others regarding Virtua Fighter 5? From the viewpoint of descriptive gameplay help VF5 is at a huge loss. In order to counter the lack of information and offer help for certain characters it's only more than good to sponsor them with blogs. A mere (incomplete) list of possible combos is no help at all when trying to learn a character, especially if you have skipped sequels of VF, or if you are a completely new starter.

7. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

I know what you mean... I hate learning crazy conditioning tricks, and then losing to noobs that don't even notice what I'm doing and just stand there while I whiff low throws or w/e. But Akai is completely right... when you lose like that, it just means you're relying too much on some expectation, and not properly applying hit checking and guaranteed damage situations.

And let's be completely clear here... it's what works on intermediate players will not work on new players. The real top players are just gonna blow through you as soon as they notice that you're waiting for canned responses.

8. Tricky

yeah I feel like the top players will plow through anyone who isn't on their lvl. While those of us still working on getting our basics applied 100% correct are still losing to noobs because we don't use the techniques right all the time.

9. Tricky

hey just lettn' everyone know I'm on a vf5 break, mainly because it's finals week so I need to study a lot. I'll be back in the mix once it's over.

10. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    hurry up with that shit tricky lol

11. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

Don't mean to intrude on your territory Tricky but here is my Eileen blog

http://zenkuuhon.blogspot.com/

Currently putting together a post on her punishment options.

12. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Nice shit fulaani. Always good to have more people with blogs. Ill be reading up on both of your blogs

13. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

screw posting abot er punishment options just yet. too soon to start learning OTHER chars frames. gonna start with some analysis of her own moves with some simple flowcharts.

14. Tricky

haha that's cool, I've been working on getting a punishment list going. Sebo got a nice one going in the aoi thread, I'm prob. going to use that as a base. But yeah man welcome to the blogg, finally another eileen to read about.

Oh and I'm back to writing the blog

15. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
  16. Tricky

Just made a big heafty post on how to do some more advanced stuff with eileen. (Lil preview)Basically how to turn your opponents aggression against them. Also good stuff for you non eileen players to know so you don't get caught by it offguard.

17. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Shun Deeeee!
    Yea, inspired by your blogs and also this reputation you have given "Itazan" I seek to make a name for myself. Here is my blog:

http://shun-journeyman.blogspot.com/

Forgive that it's so plain. I just did it a while back ago, didn't get to working on shun yet because i want to finish quest mode with Eileen. Theeen you will see the posts...

PS. how do i subscribe to your blogs?

18. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Go to the bottom of the blog page and it will say subscribe on it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif btw i subscribed to yours

19. Tricky

I've actually been wondering how to do that myself too. I just periodically check for updates

20. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    http://ayaoivf5.blogspot.com/

My aoi blog since i have finally decided to take her up as my secondary /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif