1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC Lion Combo List

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Chibitox, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

2. Darksoul173

Darksoul173 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    More than willing and happy to help
    I didn't see this one on the list
    CH 33P 46P+KPP KK open stance vs jeff and wolf 76 dmg

3. Droogy

Droogy Member

XBL:
    DescendantDroog
    oh wow this is awesome. I really wish that the online was more active right now so I could get back on the horse and play like back in summer but this just gives me a reason to finally get serious again. time to hit the dojo

4. Chibitox

Major update with 33P and throw combos

@Darksoul: does this combo work in both stances against chars that are lighter than Wolf/Jeff ?

5. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    Nope, doesnt work on Eileen Blaze Aoi whatsover (close and open)
    and on other characters it only works in open, in closed stance the last P of the 46P+KPP will whiff
    Max damage 33P combo against Jeff and Wolf
    for every other character beside Eileen Blaze and Aoi (and Wolf Jeff Taka):
    33P 46P+KPP 43P+K 6PP

6. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    I remember a combo that Chibita did against Shun Di: 46[K], 4[P][+][K], [6_][P], 43[P][+][K], 6[P][P] (78dmg and CH 88dmg). I' ve tried it against Eileen and Akira, but I couldn't connect the [6_][P]. 46[K], is a move that I don't use at all, but now I want to find a way to incorporate it to my game.

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's just Shun as far as I know.

Against Eileen, I use:

46K --> 66K(G) --> 2P --> 43P+K --> 6PP for 71 Damage

Against Akira, I tell myself to use:

46K --> 2P --> 66P+K --> 6PP for 59 damage
    which is the most non-stance specific combo I know from 46K against him. However, you also get more potential if you use 46P+K instead of 66P+K because a non-tech opens the opponent up for taking on 13 damage with 8P+K.

Most damaging against Akira that I've found though has to be done close and from closed stance (as measure before 46K, which I will call G-Closed for ground-closed stance):

46K (Near, G-Closed) --> 4P+K+G PPKP for 62 damage.

Shinobi likes this.
  8. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    Thanks Chanchai, I'll try them out today! Also I will spent some time in training trying to figure out when to use 46K.

9. Chibitox

46K can go over lows, but it's not instant like 8K. Advice on when to use it:

• On oki after a throw if you suspect a low rising kick
    • After a 3K CH or crouching hit or other +8 situations (uninterruptable apply 50/50 mixup with throw)
    • On tech rollers, but I would rather advice using P+K.
    • After PK hit, it may beat low punch iirc.

Shinobi likes this.
  10. Chanchai

Another tip (sorta, it's more like an interesting note):

If you use 46K to beat lows, you generally need to have some advantage or spacing. After Lion's low punch is blocked, there seems to be a combination of enough spacing, time, and hitbox altering for 46K to actually beat a low punch. However, while this is fun, I only recommend doing this to low punch mashers because people should be doing something like elbow after blocking your low punch. But it's nice to know ^_^

About that "guide" I was working on...
    So umm... as far back as August (or was it July?) I mentioned I was working on some kind of mini-guide for a move back then. It was a guide for 46K because I felt the move was underutilized in the West. Granted, the move is dangerous to use recklessly but I felt it was better than people were implying in their play.

I never got around to finishing it, but I'll share it now. It's far from perfect, and some statements will probably be inaccurate. I did a lot of testing and a lot of hypothesizing, so this is just sort of the framework I was working with. I will share it with you all now, the scraps I have towards building it anyways and just say that better understanding of the move has come out since then. That said, it was fun working on this and I think another player I shared this with benefited from some of the info.

Also remember that this is more of an outline. Some statements are not written for the reader, but for me to remind myself where I wanted to expand my thoughts and further explain something.

Again, it's not complete at all, this is more like a shell of what I was working on and it is very sloppy.

Hope it will be helpful to you guys!

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s203/...911a203fc2ba/b7d5a340c697d774f7d457e057c5a5ee

steelbaz, AnimalStaccato and Shinobi like this.
  11. Chanchai

BTW, more obvious advice here, 46K is excellent when blocking something like Shun's 1PK ;)

Lots of sober and damage and very easy to do (yet I forget to do it in the heat of the moment).

12. Chibitox

Added some 43P and 66P combos
    I could use your help for the second combo off of 43P, it still has some untested chars.
    This combo can be very hard to connect but I had it work on Lau so I suspect it may work on other middweights.
    Try that first on Lau to see if you can do it then try on other chars if you're willing to help ;)

@Darksoul: I added your combo based on what chars you said it was working on (didn't test it, I trust you ;)
    I'll also try the second combo you mentionned.

I'll try to run a 1 hour session for testing the untested stuff before going into other launchers like 46K and P+K.

Chanchai likes this.
  13. I use 4 p+k full charge pkp 2kk on wolf don't know if u can tech it or not Not really sure how to test that but if you can't it's 84 damg

14. Chanchai

I'll try that Wolf combo ^_^

My 4P+K combo that I use on almost everyone:

4P+K (any charge level) --> 46K+G --> 6_P(G) --> 43P+K --> 6PP

The only person I can think of that I cannot land this on is Taka. Should work on Jeffry and Wolf based on memory and I do this combo regularly at events in case anyone catches me on stream.

15. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    vs TAKA
    CH 33P 46P+KP 66KK 67 dmg

Chanchai likes this.
  16. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

17. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    Yeah i've started to use the 8KK endee last night seems to better for damage but not so good for oki. Only tried it on Sarah and vanessa

Chanchai likes this.
  18. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    vs Wolf and Jeffry
    ch 33P 46P+KP8/2P PK 73 dmg (max damage closed stance)

19. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Sup guys,
    I'm wondering is that all content in wiki combo already? Could someone share the basic wall combos?

Thanks~

20. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    wallsplat (9K links from almost anything) 9P 46P+K 46K+G 8P+K/2_6P+K 66KK

Chanchai and Dennis0201 like this.