1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC VF5FS Command Lists

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by akai, Jun 14, 2012.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    VFDC VF5FS Command Lists Frame Data

Command List is based on VF5FS Version A Revision 1. The same version currently available in the arcade.

The command lists have been updated. Currently, this is the second draft. The first draft was made before the console version. Most of the edits in the second draft are changing the names of moves to match the console in-game move lists (which also had some errors).

In addition, minor edits or typos mentioned by VFDC users (in threads or by shoutbox) have been corrected.

Additional Version A frame date changes (Jeffry and Sarah) that were not included in the first draft have been added to the second draft. I will list these specific changes in the appropriate character dojo section.

If you find errors within these command lists please let us know by posting in the "Character VF5FS Version A Change Log" within each character's dojo section or posting it in here.

In addition the VFDC community have also made Google Documents of VF5FS command lists - Command List Repository. The google documents each have something different from the VFDC command lists such as side attack frame data and combo information. So definitely check those out!

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Goh's Basara combo followup attack needs to be changed.

The second attack (Mekira) is [4][3][P][+][K] not [4][3][P][+][G]

3. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Corrected, thanks!

4. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Updated VFDC command lists with frame notes on strikes that does not knockdown Taka. For those unaware, strikes that normally knock down a character but does less than 20 damage, will not knock down Taka.

Taka and Knock Downs (or rather, failure to)

5. Lord_Hollow

Lord_Hollow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    LordHollow_KMH
    XBL:
    LordHollow
    Any chance if listing what attacks sabaki moves counter/ignore?

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I think it's a community effort since traditional source materials don't seem to list it out. So I think as a community, we're working on it through trial and error and those willing to post the information are posting it ^_^

For me, I am taking notes but until they are close to complete, I'm not posting them and am not making a commitment, but the intention is there :p

7. Lord_Hollow

Lord_Hollow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    LordHollow_KMH
    XBL:
    LordHollow
    Cool. I appreciate the time and effort, man.

8. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Yeah, command lists can and will likely be updated. But the speed at which it gets updated will also depend on the community.

Currently the site is still getting some work and maintenance being done (as far as I know of).

9. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Myke have added filters to the VFDC VF5FS command lists.

10. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    DS Wheel Kick is listed as [7][K][+][G] instead of [9][K][+][G].

11. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Corrected. Thanks

12. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Jean's 4P,PcK is listed as linear. It's fullcircular.
    Also, 3K+G,G,K is listed as 3K+G,K.
    6K+GcP is listed as 6K+G(maximum charge), P.

Goh's 66P+G has -frames on hit and CH. Not really sure why as it AFAIK alway shifts to throw on front and sidehits.

Might want to add the info about the autoguard for Takas 41236P. I think it absorbs hp, he, mp and el but non-knockdown only.
    Haven't played around with 4P+K+G much but I'm fairly sure it absorbs the same moves.
    Taka jumping K doesn't have frames listed. No idea of the active frames or total frames but it's -10 on block, down on both hits. EDIT: and exe 35f.

13. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Eileen's 4P+K+G sabaki catches High Punches Kicks and Low punches

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Goh 4P+K+G sabakis hp, mp, he and el.
    - Sabaki window 1-15f
    - Advantage on success +-0 - +14

Goh 2P+K+G sabakis lp and lk (no sweeps or doublelimbs)
    - Sabaki window 1-16f
    - Advantage on success vs lp +16 - +31
    - Advantage on success vs lk +34 - +49

Goh 46K sabakis hk, mk, sk and kn (no doublelimbs, crescents or somersaults). Can't think of any high knees to test on. I think there was at least 1 in ver.C?
    - Sabaki window 1-14f
    - cr.s on success

offtopic, BTW, no more backturned advantage or backcrumples against moves that turn opponent BT.

Back on topic and Goh

on hit
    46P - slam
    66P - opponent sideturned
    33P - flop
    46K (sabaki) - cr.s
    3P+K - cr.s
    9P+K - Does this kind of KND have a name? spike? slamdown? Anyway, in case you want more details than "down"
    46P+K,P,P - same as above
    jump (ascending) P - same as above
    K+G - opponent sideturned
    6K+G - cr.h
    BT P+K - opponent sideturned

on CH
    P+K - Not sure if this has an abbreviation. Chinstun? cr.c?
    66K - cr.v

half fence wallthrow is listed as FC 6P+G,P+G. It's just FC 6P+G.

Tsukami escapes
    2 - escape 8
    8 - escape 2
    6 - escape 6
    4 - escape 4
    The push - escape G (can be held simultaneously with a direction, always escapable). Also, the push can be initiated with any button press other than direction, not limited to P+G.

- Opponent escaping any tsukami drag attempt or the push leaves Goh at -3

Situations after escaped throws:
    - P+G: -6, both characters sideturned
    - 6P+G: -6, Goh sideturned
    - 46P+G: -6, Goh sideturned
    - 41236P+G: -6, Goh sideturned
    - 4P+G: -6, Goh sideturned
    - 63214P+G: -6, Goh sideturned
    - FC 6P+G: -6, Goh sideturned

offtopic: Quite homogenious really. P+G is different and FC 6P+G leaves you closer than the others.

That's about it for today, I guess.

EDIT: I just realized the 4P+K+G advantage doesn't make sense. Either there's difference depending on what you sabaki or I just plain fucked it up. I'll check it out later.

EDIT2: Right, I just either typod the sabaki window length or got confused in my tests and did it wrong. Fixed it anyway.

EDIT3: Wow, happened with 46K too. I guess I've been blocking things when I should have allowed them to hit during my tests or something.

15. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I originally posted this in the Lion forums, but I think it might be useful here too?

Lion's Sabaki and Parries

4P+K+G
    * Sabaki's any high single fist/elbow attack, including knockdowns like single palm.
    * DOES NOT sabaki double handed high attacks.
    * DOES NOT sabaki mid fist or elbow attacks.

* The following attacks from stance are guaranteed on sabaki: PP; K; P+K; 2KK; K+G. Of course I would recommend 2KK for the combo (sample: 2KK --> 2P --> 66P+K --> 6PP).

QCB+P
    * Does sabaki the following things: High Kick, High Knee, Mid Knee, Mid Kick/Side Kick, Axe (Downward Slamming) Mid Kicks, Angled Mid/High Kicks (ie. Jean's 3K+G), And Quick Small Hop Kicks Where the Kick Happens Upon Takeoff (like Jean's 9K+G, this is not the same as a hopping kick).

* DOES NOT sabaki Full-Spinning Circular Kicks, Airborn Kicks (like Jean's Unblockable Flying K or real hop kick), or Kickflips.

* As a rule, non-full circular mid or high single kicks from the ground or very close to the ground.

* Sabaki is the only way to crumple with this attack in Final Showdown.

* For the combos, check out the combo lists ^_^

P+K+G (Punch Parry)
    * Generally any single fist high/mid attacks that do not knockdown on normal hit. This includes high/mid uppercuts, high punches, mid punches, elbows and high elbows.

* This also includes Jean's 66P because it really just puts the opponent at a disadvantage with extra restrictions--it does not knockdown by itself.

* How about guardbreaks? As long as the Guard-Break uses a single arm and would not have knocked you down on normal hit.

* There really isn't much advantage gained, you will almost always want to use the evade option that comes with a successful parry. The opponent's attacks can still track you if you press a button, even if you evaded. The advantage gained is very small, but a successful parry basically cheats a successful evade for you.

* Whether there is a guaranteed attack or not depends on the move parried as well the safety of your situation when you strike. At the very least you are guaranteed repositioning and most of the time neutralizing the opponent's attack.

* In many cases you can reposition yourself behind your opponent by using this move and evading in a specific direction. If you use the parry early against a string, it is likely you will want to evade in a very specific direction (front or back of opponent). Most of the time you will shift the position 90 degrees if you use the evade option with this parry.

2P+K+G (Low Parry)
    * As far as I have tested, the rules are simple--parries any non-full-circular single-limbed low attack (punch or kick) that does not knockdown on normal hit.

* DOES NOT PARRY any attack that knocks down or is double-limbed (like Wolf's 652K).

* Successful parry is similar to P+K+G Parry.

Disclaimer
    I did not test every single move, merely moves that came to mind and fit the pattern of attacks these moves suggest they should be sabaki-ing and maybe a few extra for added measure. it is very possible I missed something there, but this is what my personal testing has found.

16. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    DS [6][K][+][G] has 25 frames of execution, not 24.

False alarm. Had the same problem with [6][6][K][+][G].

17. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Kage off the wall 6P+K is +44 on hit not +4.
    I guess it had been corrected because the number seemed insane but it is indeed +44 on standing hit :eek:

18. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Wolf's [6][P]+[G] near Wall is 9 frames exectution (Shotgun Chop). I belive the games checks if there's a wall nearby when doing the normal [6][P]+[G] and if so it changes the move. That's a good thing to know if you wanna try to punish something that leaves your opponent at -9

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    every 6P+G have 9 frame execution for wolf, from what I can tell.
    The game perform the 9-frame catching animation and checks anything else after it connects

The some goes for 8426P+G - no matter it if is fron or side, it is 16.

20. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

that's also is good to know, because that makes wolf's [K]+[G] deadlier since it's +9 on CH