1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFLive Season VII running January 7-March 31, 2016.

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by DigitlSamurai, Dec 12, 2015.

?

What days should tournaments be?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2015.
  1. Every Thursday and Saturday

100.0%
  2. Alternating Thursdays and Saturdays

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only Thursdays

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only Saturdays

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other (please specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Since it doesn't look like many people are playing VF at the moment another season of VFLive might get people playing again. As before, tournaments will be best two out of three matches to a set, double elimination, with the grand final being three of five. A maximum of eight players can enter each event. Players score 3 points for first place, 2 for second and 1 for third, The last tournament of each month will be a major worth double points. At the end of the season, there will be prizes of Xbox gift cards for the top three players (amounts to be determined). All tournaments will be held on Xbox Live (hence the name), recorded and uploaded to YouTube.

Now a question for you guys: would you rather have the tournaments be, every Thursday and Saturday, like before, or alternating Thursdays and Saturdays, or only Thursdays, or only Saturdays? Furthermore, would you rather they be at 7, or 8 PM? Also, does the time frame for the season start and end sound good, or should I start sooner/make the season shorter/longer

The purpose of this season is to get people playing VF again, so please tell me your opinions.

2. Arjay

Arjay Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Arjay9975
    I'm up for it. I can play on PSN in the evenings.

3. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    I can't do them on PS3 anymore; I only had VF5: FS on PS3 because it was free for PlayStation Plus subscribers, but I let my PS Plus expire, since I wasn't using it. Also every time I've tried to host VFLive on PS3 nobody showed up, plus there are a lot of problems with the netcode.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I actually did a couple of days ago, but it didn't take for some reason.

4. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    No sign ups at all so far. Maybe I posted this a little too far from the start date, or was too indecisive? Or maybe VF is just so dead that nobody wants another season of VFLive? Doesn't anyone want to sign up?