1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virginia/Maryland/DC NEW THREAD!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Chief_Flash, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    iight check it right...

now that the vf scene is flourishing again, i need to see more players active in the metropolitan area! these past couple of months i've attended about FIVE tournaments in the east coast already~! (NYC, NJ, MD, and a couple in VA) so far im the ONLY one reppin hard for Virginia! >=O everybody's complainin bout how the scene is NOT big enough..."learning curve" this..."nobody to play with" that...blah blah blah. where the hell is everybody at??? nows the time to introduce yourselves, and make the scene even bigger! i work full time as a computer technician, and i am currently pursuing my masters in information systems. on top of that, i have 2 dogs and a girlfriend to worry about (fellas u know exactly what i mean). even though i don't get to play as often as i like, i STILL find ways to play. im even considering driving up to NY for a weekend JUST to train with konjou, shaggy, denkai, and them. The more exposure you get, the BETTER your awareness becomes. VF is the most SATISFYING fighting game i have ever played, and it gets even MORE fun the better you get...trust me on this one. sure the learning curve is steep, but c'mon fellas, you KNOW u aint passin ur calculus test without some studyin! THIS IS THE REASON WHY I LOVE THIS GAME! YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR WINS! it aint like SC3 where lizardman can VC a throw, then run to the edge of the ring JUST to ring you out! NO!!! thats GAY SHIT! IT aint like tekken where JIN can break ALL your grabs with a single button press! it aint like MVC2 where u make small ass mistake and yo ass is grass. aint like DOA4 with its "counter" button. nothing like 3rd strike where its a little unbalanced (pick chun li ure good to go)

HOLLA ATCHA BOY!

BBOY FLASH
    LAB RATS CREW

Pai~Chun likes this.
  2. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    the following is a list of active players that i know of in the metropolitan area:

Shadowdean (MD)
    Dan (MD)
    Wesley (MD)
    David (MD)
    Flash (NOVA)
    Daniel (NOVA)
    Millionz (NOVA)
    Jeffry (NOVA)
    Blackula (SOVA)
    Winback (SOVA)
    Tiamat (SOVA)

Pai~Chun likes this.
  3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Aiight, so whats up is this. Yuki and Dan are more or less carrying the torch for VF in the tri state area. Me, I've held it down, sometimes JUST myself since about 94 and I simply have to many obligations to see to this "full time." I will always be down to support the scene, but we need people to really throw themselves into the process full heartedly. Its good to see some of the younger blood be as enthusiastic about VF as I used to be. Me, personally - fighting games are a bit stagnated in terms of their evolution, but VF is still my heart. See you on the digital battlefield (and soon to have gatherings at my place as well once I decide what system to get).

4. Terry_Bogus

Terry_Bogus Well-Known Member

YOOOO FLASSSSH

We gotta play some VF sometime. I finally remembered how to play JEFFREY.

5. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    yo chris! i NEED to show u some sick jeffrey shit! call me sometime man! get my number from krimson! krimson is a cock for dropping vf5 because he claims to be a 2D fighter /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif i wanna teach you and the rest of the 3rd strike fellas! =) holla at me!!!

oh and shadow! i COMPLETELY understand where you're comin from! i do give you mad props for still being able to play knowing your hellish schedule! thanx for your support!

flash

6. Tiamat

Tiamat Well-Known Member

I'll be back the friday after this and I can start playing in noVA then.

Because I'm a poor bum don't expect me to be going to many tournaments especially if they are out of state. I will likely be going to the C3s a lot though (which probably won't have VF5 tournaments sadly).

7. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

Hey. Sorry I missed the last couple of get-togethers at Dan's, I'll be sure to make the next one.
    If things go super well, my stick may be fixed by then.

8. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    the c3 tourney this saturday will host VF5.

9. Tiamat

Tiamat Well-Known Member

yeah not going to that one though haha...I'll go to the ones after that...I won't be in the area yet and finals are next week

10. Krimson

Krimson Active Member

[/size] Yo momma's a cock.
    I told you, hard for me to practice unless I'm at your house every fuckin day. If they get a goddamn cab somehwere or rob a bank and get a PS3, it aint happenin. But we'll see. I'll learn some buffering basics off of Tekken and convert it to VF5

11. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! i KNEW id get your attention by shit talkin!

12. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    Im still alive around here, if anyone even remembers who I might be...I never get to play with anyone but I keep trying to practice anyway...Soul calibur seems be taking up most of my time now-a-days though..

13. Tiamat

Tiamat Well-Known Member

Really? A SC player I don't know about eh? You play 3 right? We are planning some gatherings in a couple weeks and we are gonna record some videos. You're welcome to come if you want.

14. Millionz

Millionz Well-Known Member

To all the people who are hesistant to play this game because they don't have access to it, that is not really an excuse. I don't have a PS3(or know when I am getting one matter) and I hold my own against both Daniel and Flash. I think I can count the number of times I've played this game on my hand. If you have adequate knowledge of other fighting games (i.e. spacing,blocking,punishing)that can/will carry over to this. This game is relatively easy to pick up despite the common belief.

Krimson- FYI buffering in Tekken is totally different than VF5. Not saying its better or worse but learning how to buffer in tekken wont help you in VF5. Just telling my personal experience.

Now off to fail this Japanese test -_-

PEACE

15. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    yo chefboy! haha! i just checked your myspace! YOU'RE GEOFFREY! i remember you from the MD tournament. i have your number. as a matter of FACT i called you TWICE yesterday to see if you wanted to play, but you didn't pick up. were probably playing tonite so ill try to call you again. my sn is bboiflash if you have AIM.

PEACE

16. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    YO FELLAS!

i know this is a little short of notice but...

VF AT MY HOUSE TONITE!!! IF ANYBODY CAN BRING AN ADDITIONAL PS3 WITH VF5, THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

17. Krimson

Krimson Active Member

Trust me, i know. Hworang is different than sarah and so on. And the gameplay is slower yet faster (Flash told me this once, never understood til i actuall played the game). Whatever.

AND MY EXCUSE IS VALID! I somewhat put up a fight, i just gota switch from T5 tactics to VF5 tactics. Big gap, BIG GAP!

18. Millionz

Millionz Well-Known Member

Who brought up Sarah and Hwoarang? I was talking about the buffering systems ;p

19. Tiamat

Tiamat Well-Known Member

tekken to vf is like going from yahtzee to checkers

don't think it will help you

20. Krimson

Krimson Active Member

....How the frruck do you play yahtzee?!