1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virginia/Maryland/DC NEW THREAD!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Chief_Flash, Apr 26, 2007.

1. biZArre_Logic

biZArre_Logic Active Member

Do you play anywhere regularly? I'm in Silver Spring as well but I don't know ANY players in the area. I'm not all that great, but some in-person competition would be fun.

2. Jaidin

Jaidin New Member

Has anyone been to Xanadu recently, was there any VF action? Myself and a friend are planning on checking it out tomorrow (7/11) since we live in Baltimore anyway.

3. Tryston

Tryston Well-Known Member

i may be able to go today, but i might have a recording session.

4. Tryston

turns out i cant go guys. [​IMG] but show off the game and ill try to make it next week! [​IMG]

5. Jaidin

Jaidin New Member

My buddy and I went, there wasn't any VF happening though. I don't mind bringing the game but I don't want to waste the time if folks wont play... Maybe i should just bring it and see how it goes.

6. Tryston

@jaidin: do you have FS on 360? if not ill bring my console. Did they have any free spaces open?

7. Jaidin

Jaidin New Member

I play on PS3.. i do have it on Xbox 360, but i really only bought it to support the game. I rarely touch it, mostly due to the Xbox pad

8. Blackula

Blackula Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns
  9. Jaidin

Jaidin New Member

That might be fun, i'll see if i can get a few buddies to take the trip with me

10. Authenticzzz

Authenticzzz New Member

What's up, uh, I happen to be new to vfdc, but I am in the Baltimore area. I also go to Xanadu on a regular. Usually all they play is Marvel/sf/Guilty Gear, but occasionally they do have a 3d game setup (most times scv, but vf5:fs has been there before) But if any of you do go to Xan wanting to play vf5:fs, ill be down to play, just ask for Boom.

11. Blackula

Blackula Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns
    Phoenix Down [​IMG]

12. Tryston

Revive!!!! Dudes if you can come to xanadu this week! I might come with FS!

13. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    We need more VF players in the DMV.

14. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    i completely agree

15. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    I'm here to say this: We may not be a big community like Marvel, Street Fighter, or Tekken, but we need more VF players to come down to Xanadu and level up. If you want to support your games, you gotta show up and prove it. Talk and trade strategies, take serious ass-whoopings, do whatever. Bring your setups, they aren't gonna set things up for you.

We can't let the West Coast and Japan be only ones supporting the community.

16. ieatpaste

ieatpaste New Member

Silver Spring, MD over here. Me and a couple of friends play the Virtual Fight on XBL under my roommate's name (roughquality) I'd be down for some offline fighting love though.

17. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    While the DMV FGC is lacking a VF scene, the only place for some offline competition is over at Xanadu.

18. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I'm a player in Fort Washington, MD I would love to make it to Xanadu but the lack of a car makes it really difficult. Any players closer to DC would be great to find some where to play.

19. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I live about 30 minutes south of DC but if I had a car I could get there myself too that is the only reason why I don't go to offline events at this time

20. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    If any of you guys are going to Magfest, I would love to get some games in If needed, I could bring my PS3.