1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Announced

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 1, 2005.

By Myke on Sep 1, 2005 at 10:06 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [​IMG]
    At this year's JAMMA show, Sega unveiled the next level of fighting with the announcement of Virtua Fighter 5, running on Sega's new arcade platform, Lindbergh.

In the trailer that was shown at JAMMA, the VF4 cast are briefly introduced within what appears to be the new stage designs. When the trailer seems to be over, two new characters are revealed -- a young girl and a masked man. Only time will tell what fighting styles these new characters will posess, and what changes are in store for the current cast.

Initial impressions from various gaming media sites are very positive, so check them out, and you can also download handcam footage of the VF5 JAMMA trailer.

The character models, stage geometry, textures and lighting effects are the best we've ever seen in a fighter, and that includes the footage we've been shown of other next generation fighting games. -- ign.com

Virtua Fighter 5 should also feature the most impressive crowd to date -- always a graphical point game makers try to improve. In the trailer, dozens of 3D-rendered onlookers littered the background of the ring, showing off the raw power of Lindbergh. -- 1up.com

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Aoi_Version_One
      Aoi_Version_One
      Good Gracious. I didn't think they could do better. But I will for sure reserve the console version if we get one here.
    2. takira
      takira
      I don't see any big improvements comparing VF4 Arcade to VF5!!
      That GPU supposed to be at least 4 times better! no improved physics in movement & characters don't look like the pic we are seeing :\
      Totally Disappointing!
    3. PurpGuy
      PurpGuy
      "Come on, let's play!" ?

I liked her better when she was brainwashed.
    4. CarpeNoctumXIII
      CarpeNoctumXIII
      Wow, this is just stunning. Better then any other next-gen fighter. All we need now is a playble version to see what does Sega have in store for us....
    5. Cephiros_VII
      Cephiros_VII
      Shun looks GREAT (look at his eyebrows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and Pai, Lau, Aoi, Lei Fei too. I can't wait to see playable version. 2 new charcters look like they where taken from SC /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    6. CarpeNoctumXIII
      CarpeNoctumXIII
      To be honest, I didn't notice it. But they do give off a little bit of a SC/Tekken vibe. They seem pretty good from what I've seen so far. Can't wait.
    7. pinking
      pinking
      So far what do you guys think of the backrounds? I think from what I can make out they look quite appealing with an abundance of detail. Hope the're integrated into the gameplay in some form!!! /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    8. CarpeNoctumXIII
      CarpeNoctumXIII
      The backgrounds are what impressed me the most actually. That and the lighting. At least they didn't go back to the VF3 type stages, like I feared. Everything looks very impressive. Wonder if they are going to announce anything else tomorrow. Like who the two new people are.
    9. Cephiros_VII
      Cephiros_VII
      About Lindbergh platform:

In X-Box GPU was from nVidia and in X360 is from ATI and that's why X360 is not compatible with old xbox games.
      If Lindbergh's GPU is nVidia that means VF5 will be on PS3 not X360 ( I think /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif)
    10. yoomazir
      yoomazir
      VF4 arcade version was on a different architecture than the ps2 (I think),that didn't prove to be an obstacle for the port.Another example is Shenmue 2 DC&XBOX:same game,different platform.

I'm sure VF5 will come on X360 and PS3.
    11. ries
      ries
      Just do me a favor and mention when we can all safely start to drool.... And a possible ps3 release. THNX.[8][7][4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G]
    12. gracjanski
      gracjanski
      not bad. but there is not so much to see /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    13. Cephiros_VII
      Cephiros_VII
      [ QUOTE ]

VF4 arcade version was on a different architecture than the ps2 (I think),that didn't prove to be an obstacle for the port.Another example is Shenmue 2 DC&XBOX:same game,different platform.

[/ QUOTE ]
      That's why VF4 &VF4evo weren't perfect ports. Of corse that they can rewrite the game so it can work under ATI chipset but this takes money ane time (so it's more possible to see vf5 on ps3 rather then X360). However I hope that VF5 will be on PS3 & X360 'couse this means much more people playing VF.

[ QUOTE ]

...when we can all safely start to drool.... And a possible ps3 release

[/ QUOTE ]
      I think that not earlier then one year after arcade relase... /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif
    14. Siyko
    15. nou
      nou
      Hope to god this shows up in Arizona...and Tucson isn't excluded.
    16. CarpeNoctumXIII
      CarpeNoctumXIII
      I can hope all I want for this to show up in NJ, but we don't even have the original VF4, let alone this one. As a side note, I'd rather not see a Xbox360 version if that means they will be ported like VF4/VF4evo were on the PS2. Ps3 controller sucks, but it's nothing an arcade stick can't fix, eh?
    17. sanjuroAKIRA
      sanjuroAKIRA
      [ QUOTE ]
      Cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

holy shit!! howdie stranger!!

oh yeah...and can't wait to play vf5...
    18. devil_lei
      devil_lei
      Is it me or from looking at the video the masked fighter looked a lot like the wrestler Rey Mysterio Jr.
    19. nobody
      nobody
      It's you. Just you.