1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown: Aoi Combos

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Tiripsem, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

In FS, Aoi's combo ability has improved greatly allowing her to deal what seems like a little more damage than her VF5 combos. What makes her more deadly aside from her extremely good defensive abilities is that she can combo from a wide array of moves...

Let's begin with her launchers and move from there.
    Aoi's main launcher that easily reaches mid 80's damage on counter hit. Which brings me to a important point, some combos will only be able to land on CH (counter hit). The following combo will work on all female characters but may not work on the heavier male characters (Akira, Lau, Jacky).

[3][3][P]+[K] -> [P] -> [P]+[K](Bounds) -> [K][P][K]

However, get a counter hit...

[3][3][P]+[K](CH) -> [P] -> [P]+[K](Bounds) -> [K][P][K]

Nets a nice 85 damage and will also work on all characters excluding Jeffry, Wolf, and Taka of course. Against Wolf and Jeff try this one...

[3][3][P]+[K] -> [P] -> [P][P][6][P][P]

or on CH...

[3][3][P]+[K] -> [K][P] -> [6][4][P]+[K][P]

There is a specific combo for Taka too...

[3][3][P]+[K] -> [P][P][6][P][P]
    Aoi's secondary launcher, primarily used to punish whiffs and to catch those try to close distance. Seriously, some people can see this one coming from a mile away so use it wisely. Here is a combo for everyone up to and including Lau.

[6][6][K] -> [2][K][P] -> [6][4][P]+[K][P]

For Jacky, Akira, Wolf, and Jeff

[6][6][K] -> [6_] (Walk forward till their legs start falling) -> [P][P][6][P][P]

And Taka...

[6][6][K] -> [6][K][K]
    _________
    [P]+[K]+[G][6][P]
    Ryushou__
    A ducking into uppercut palm from Tenchi In'You. It launches the opponent into the air and causes a slam.

[P]+[K]+[G][6][P] -> [2][K][P] -> [6][4][P]+[K][P]

For Jacky, Akira, Wolf, and Jeff

[P]+[K]+[G][6][P] -> [6_] (Walk forward till their legs start falling) -> [P][P][6][P][P]

And Taka...

[P]+[K]+[G][6][P] -> [6][K][K]

For all characters, however, Taka can still techroll the second part of [6][K][K]

[6][K]+[G] -> [6][K][K]

For all characters up to Akira,

[P]+[K] (CH) -> [P] -> [P][P][6][P][P]

For Wolf and Jeff

[P]+[K] (CH) -> [P][P][6][P][P]

For Taka,

[P]+[K] (CH) -> [P][P][P][K]

For all characters up to and including Lau

[4][3][P]+[K] (CH) -> [2][K][P] -> [K][P][K]

For Jacky, Akira, Wolf, and Jeff,

[4][3][P]+[K] (CH) -> [2][K][P] -> [6][4][P]+[K][P]

For Taka,

[4][3][P]+[K] (CH) -> [2][K][P][P]

For all characters except Taka,

[6][6][P]+[K] (CH) -> [P] -> [P][P][6][P][P]

For Taka, there is no combo available for this move. Proceed with the double palm segment ([6][6][P]+[K][P])

NOTE: For these combos to work, unless it's a counterhit, this move will not knockdown.

All characters up to and including Jeff,

[​IMG][3][P]+[K][P] (CH) -> [P][P][6][P][P]

For Taka,

[​IMG][3][P]+[K][P] (CH) -> [6][K][K]

All except Taka,

[6][K] (CH) -> [P] -> [P][P][6][P][P]

For Taka,

[6][K] (CH) -> [6][K][K]

For all except Taka
    [4][K] -> [4][6][P]+[K] -> [2][K][P] -> [6][4][P]+[K][P]

For Taka
    [4][K] -> [4][6][P]+[K] -> [P][P][6][P][P]

For all characters up to and including Lau

[4][3][P]+[K] (CH) -> [2][K][P] -> [K][P][K]

For Jacky, Akira, Wolf, and Jeff,

[2][K][P][P] (CH) -> [2][K][P] -> [6][4][P]+[K][P]

For Taka,

[2][K][P][P] (CH) -> [2][K][P][P]

All up to and including Jacky

[2][3][6][P]+[K] (Sabaki) -> [2][K][P] -> [K][P][K]

For Akira, Jeff, and Wolf,

[2][3][6][P]+[K] (Sabaki) -> [2][K][P] -> [4][6][P]+[K][P]

For Taka,

[2][3][6][P]+[K] (Sabaki) -> [P][P][6][P][P]
    _________
    [4][K]+[G] (Sabaki)
    Ogamigeri
    Aoi's mid kick, knee, and side kick reversal. Made SO MUCH more useful in FS.

For all up to and including Jacky,

[4][K]+[G] (Sabaki) -> [2][K][P][P]

For Wolf, Jeff, and Taka,

[4][K]+[G] (Sabaki) -> [K][P][K]
    _________
    [6][4][P] (CH)
    Tsumujikaze
    The newest addition to Aoi's sabaki repertoire that also lets you net some great combo damage on counterhit.

For all female characters

[6][4][P] (CH) -> [K][P] -> [6][4][P]+[K][P]

For male characters up to and including Jacky

[6][4][P] (CH) -> [P] -> [P][P][6][P][P]

For Wolf, Jeff, and Taka,

[6][4][P] (CH) -> [P][P][P][K]
    _________
    [6][K][P] (CH & No techroll)
    Tenraitsui
    An elbow following Aoi's Raijinha. It slams the opponent into the ground on counterhit.

For all characters up to and including Jeff,

[6][K][P] (CH & No techroll) -> [2][K][P][P]

For Taka,

[6][K][P] (CH & No techroll) -> [6][K][K]

For all characters

[1][P] (CH & No techroll) -> [2][K][P][P]

For everyone,
    [P]+[K]+[G][4][K] -> [K][P][K]

For all characters

[2][K][P][P]

For all characters

[2][K][P][P]

Aoi is not a damage heavy so utilizing her many methods to attain damage is key to winning matches with Aoi. Integrate her sabakis and parries into this strategy and you will be a force to be reckoned with!

If you have any questions, see an error, or want to add your own findings feel free to post here[​IMG]!

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    Lord_Hollow likes this.
  2. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Combos from 66K are easy now and get damage boost.

66K, dash 2P, PP6PP does 61 DMG works on everyone except Taka
    66K, 2KP, PPK ( around 64 DMG ) does more DMG than 66K, 2KP, 64P+KP and works on most light and mid weight characters.
    My favorite one is 66K, evade cancel to back 33P+K, P, KPK and works on most light and mid weight ( 72 DMG !! ), although against some characters, it's can be exact recoverable, but that's difficult so it has a high chance to work anyway.
    Against Aoi, I like to
    66K, dash, 33P+K or 323P+K, P, P+K, 6KP then ground throw or down attack if they don't tech...beetween 90 and 100 DMG lol

After P+K bounce in 33P+K combos, you can 66P+KP or KPK but P,6KK is the most damaging
    For Taka, 33P+K, 6K+G, 44P BT 2KPP. Very difficult to tech with an regular tech, it needs exact recovery.

Against male characters: 33P+K, KP, 64P+KP seems a staple combo for 66 DMG.
    You can get more damaging combo if 33P+K hits their side or off axis, like after you parry their kick or knee.
    I could get that combo on Jean after parrying his kick:
    33P+K, P, 323P+K, 2KPP for 70 DMG.

note: 323P+K is her shortcut version of [​IMG] [3] [P] [+] [K]

3. erythrii

erythrii Member

Much thanks Tripsem and kingo. I was looking for these.

4. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

Some Lion specific combos (found by playing around in training).
    Note that I do not know if they are optimal, it is just stuff I found that I have only tried on Lion.

d/f d/f+P+K, P, P+K, P, f+K,K
    (Normal hit, both stances)

D d/f+P+K (MC), d+K,P (delay) KPK (82 damage!)
    (Only closed)
    I am unsure about this one, but the AI is set to do an exact tech roll and the combo number does not turn green.
    Timing on the delay is fairly tight.

D d/f+P+K (MC), d+K,P, b,f+P+K, P
    (Both stances)

f+K (MC), P, P+K, KPK
    (Both)

I see that some of these are already mentioned though.

5. Zemir

Zemir Member

A few of the ones you posted have higher damage variants. I'll post them when I can remember the endless character-specific stuff.

(ch) 66P+K 5P 5P+K 5KPK (works on most characters up to Lion, far easier in open stance, 82 damage) *
    (ch) 66P+K 5KP 5PPP~2K (alternate version for a few characters, 80 damage)
    (ch) 66P+K 5P 5P 5KPK (for Lau/Jacky, 73 damage)
    (ch) 66P+K 5P 5PP~6PP (for Akira/Wolf/Jeffry, 71 damage)

*I haven't tested this on a huge amount of characters, just Shun, Vanessa, Lion, and Eileen. I had zero issues with Lion and Eileen. It's way more difficult with Shun in closed stance. I don't think it's worth the difficulty for two extra damage, so unless you're in open stance, use the alternate version. With Vanessa you have to replace the first 5P with {6}P in order for it to work

Now time for additional stuff.
    44P+K 6K+G 5KP 64P+K~P (Up to Lion, 75 damage)
    44P+K 6K+G 2KP 64P+K~P (Lau -> Jeffry, 74 damage)
    44P+K 6K+G 2KP 6KK (Taka-only, 78 damage)

6. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Thank you guys this is really helpful. Was looking around for a thread like this the other day. Glad it's up now.

I'm gonna go try this out now.

7. Tiripsem

Missed an obvious one and forgot wall combos >.>. Oh and the Kamageri ([4][K]) combo that works for everyone except Taka, the last string was supposed to be [6][4][P]+[K][P], mah bad. Please note that all of the combos I have posted, I personally tried in Dojo for each character. Meaning, they are purely experimental (not to mention rushed) and not official or optimal so keep experimenting :p!

[4][4][P]+[K] -> [6][K]+[G] (Bound) -> [6][K] -> [6][4][P]+[K][P]

For Tubby

[4][4][P]+[K] -> [6][K]+[G] (Bound) -> [P][P][6][P][P]

Everyone up to and including Jeff,

*Wall Stagger* (Caused by [6][6][P]) -> [4][3][P]+[K] -> [2][K][P] -> [6][K]+[G] -> [3][K]+[G] -> [6][6][P]+[K][P]

And for Tons O' Fun

*Wall Stagger* (Caused by [6][6][P]) -> [3][K]+[G] -> [6][K]+[G] -> [3][K]+[G] -> [6][6][P]+[K]

bruciethebeast likes this.
  8. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Against Taka,
    33P+K, 6K+G, 22P, BT 2KPP appears to be in fact a true combo, not techrollable even with an exact recovery.

66P+K CH, 64P+KP works on him ( the old vanilla staple combo after 66P+K CH... )

43P+K CH or 46P+K, 2KP, 3K+G does 5 more DMG than just 2KPP

9. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

10. sama

sama Member

Thanks for your work, gonna main her for FS.

11. Tiripsem

I believe he meant [4][4][P]

12. sama

sama Member

For a little more damage you can remplace [4][6][P]+[K] with [2][3][6]+[P][+][K]
    [4][K] -> [2][3][6]+[P]+[K] -> [2][K][P] -> [6][4][P]+[K][P]
    Also you inverted [4] and [6] I think at the end.

13. Tiripsem

I have already addressed that error in my wall combo post.

14. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Why using such slow moves after [4] [K] stagger ?
    Better go for [6] [6] [K] or [3] [3] [P] [+] [K] vanilla style.

15. Zemir

Zemir Member

Well, since you're all posting wall combos, I thought I'd figure some out myself.
    66K W! 6K+G 6KK W! 2K+G (76 damage against Jeffry)
    44P+K 6K+G 9P+K~P W! 64P+K~P (76 damage against Jeffry, replace 9P+K with 3P+K if open stance.)
    66P+K 5PPP (51 damage off 66P+K wall stagger)

So I really like the 1f link off side-kick parry. It's pretty awesome.

16. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Some more [1][P] stuff.

[1][P] against lighter characters, [2][K][P] [6][4][P]+[K][P] works if no tech roll.

Versus Taka (on CH) [6_][P] [6][4][P]+[K][P] for 50ish damage. Timing is tight, but apparently can't even be Just teched.

Near a wall, CH [1][P] leads to free [3][K]+[G] (41 damage?) on all characters but their are other options versus two exceptions: versus Taka you can do [6_][P][K] for 45(?), and versus Jean it causes a high wall splat. No idea why, but it seems to only work on him.

Not as robust as some other lows, but at least it knocks down, is half-circular, safe on block, ducks highs, and can lead to additional damage near a wall. Cool move.

17. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

Aoi max damage combos

1. Ok, first of all, I did not create the layout myself. I copied the template/layout from another google document, a link I found here on VFDC (http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/324254/Command%20List%20Repository%20(Googl#Post324254). Since the file was open to anyone to copy, I assumed that this was OK. If it is not, please let me know and I will make the document private on Google Drive.

2. I have tried my best to ensure that the combos in this document are true combos. I took great care making sure that the CPU was set to tech roll exactly, I also looked for green numbers, indicating that the combo is possible to escape.
    In some cases I even recorded the combo in training mode and tried tech rolling myself.

That said, I can not guarantee in any way that these combos works. Some of them are certainly strange, especially the ones ending with f+KK. If someone could record some of them and try tech rolling I would be very grateful.

3. I have not used the number notation for directions since these are not independent of side. Instead I used b,f,d and u etc. I use upper case letters to indicate ducking (so D, df+P+K means df+P+K from ducking etc).

4. Organisation is as follows:
    a) First moves that have one hit or that initiates the combo on the first hit if part of a string(such as D,df+P+K). These are organised by startup, the fastest first.
    b) Then we have moves in "canned combos" that starts combos. The example is d+KPP where the last P gives a combo on counter hit.
    c) Lastly we have moves executed from Tenchi In'you (I abbreviate it TI in the document)

5. Please feel free to further test the combos and let me know if something is wrong.

6. This is a work in progress. I am certain I have not found the best combos.

7. The goal with this document is to find the max damage combo for each combo starter and character, not to list every possible combo.
    Even so, I have sometimes chosen to include a several combos. This is because some combos are require so strict timing that they are nearly impossible to perform in matches. In some of these cases I have provided an alternative.

Also, note that a LOT of her combos require not only very strict timing, but different timing for each character.
    They sometimes require you to hold forward during the P-input in the combo and sometimes the combo wont work if you hold forward.
    Sometimes you have to dash forward to waste frames. Sometimes you have to do a failed DM, sometimes that DM has to be dash canceled etc etc etc
    I have given you hints in some cases, but it was not possible in general, so you have to experiment to get some of the combos to work.

8. Remember how VF5 had some strange mechanics, that if you set the CPU to tech roll/recover, sometimes it failed? This made otherwise impossible combos possible, but where completely misleading since it was trivial to escape these combos in practice.
    If this mechanics and the associated training mode bug is still in the game, you can completely disregard a lot of the combos in this document.
    If this is the case, let me know and I will retract the document.

I have done some limited testing, there seem to be no difference in possible combos when I turn tech roll on and off. But I cannot be sure of course.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, corrections or new combos. Thank You!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhyWWtvzYSzTdFI3bVZDanJSQm1TRlR4OUZiektpNnc

18. Zemir

Zemir Member

Great work, Madone. I'm having issues with the higher damage combos off 66K though. They're not high enough after the 33P+K to hit with a 5P.

Also, not sure if it was listed anywhere but against Taka you can do 33P+K 6K+G 66 5PPPK

19. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

The timing of df,df+P+K is really strict and it varies with character!

For Eileen, Blaze and Aoi, perform df,df+P+K such that it executes right as the DM ends, try not to cancel the DM with df,df+P+K. Also, make sure that the DM is towards their forward leg.

It might try to record a video of how it works.

20. Zaarock

Zaarock Member

PSN:
    xaerock_RVR42
    XBL:
    Zaarock
    @Madone

I noticed none of the combos have PP8PP or PP2PP in them, they do more damage than PP6PP if they connect and are fairly similar.

For example with Ryukaku (line 98) TI b+K > PPu/d+PP would do 62 damage and probably be the most practical one to use unless you don't want to sidestep (tested on akira, jeffry and taka), same with various combos that centre around ppf+pp