1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown: Aoi Combos

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Tiripsem, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Dipstick

Dipstick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    I really like the combo list Kruza put together (talk about comprehensive...), but if only for my own sake, I need to break them out into a few combos that I actually use. I picked them mainly for stability in damage:

[4][4][P][+][K]

everyone but Taka: [6][K][+][G], [6][K], [2][K][P][P]
    Taka: [6][K][+][G], [2][K][P], [6][K][K]

[6][6][K]
    non-heavyweight: [2][K][P], [K][P][K]
    (although I should consider using [6][6]5[P], [P][+][K], [K][P][K] (or [6][6][P][+][K][P] enter for slightly more carry), but it doesn't work on Akira).
    I would love to use the [3][3][P][+][K] variants, but they're spacing dependent -- if you land a near max range [6][6][K], it whiffs completely.

heavyweight: [6][6][5][P], [K][P][K]

Taka: have to use [2][K][P][P], and it has to be delayed, lawl

[3][3][P][+][K]

lightweights: [K][P], [P][P][P][K] (can also be done on the lighter middleweights on CH)
    middleweights: [2][K][P], [K][P][K]
    heavyweights: [6_][P], [K][P][K]
    Taka: [6][K]+[G], [4][4][P], BT [2][K][P][P]

Notice how none of these combos require a CH hitcheck :V (although you still need to watch out for crouchers). Forget all of the different variations with OS/CS and CH/crouch confirms; if I wanted to worry about combos like that I would be playing someone else. :oops:

[6][K]
    lightweights: [6][P][P], [2][K][P][P]
    middleweights: [2][K][P], [K][P][K]
    heavyweights: [6_][P], [P][P][P][K]
    Taka: [P][P][P][K]

[P][+][K][+][G] [6] [P]

light to middleweight (minus Jacky and Akira): [3][3][P][+][K], [P], [K][P][K] (really just enter the last part as [P][G][K][P][K] -- and now it's stable, since this launcher has no range.)
    everyone else (sans Taka): [6][6_]...[P], [P][P][P][K]
    Taka: have to use [2][K][P][P] don't forget to delay it and seriously screw this tub of lard, why the hell do I have to fight someone 4x my character's weight.

2. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    33P+K, 2KP, KPK on middle weight as you suggest is pretty inconsistent because you need some delay / 1-fr kill in order to get all KPK hits to land.
    On lightweights, I think it's pretty easy to go for 33P+K, P, P+K etc.

Against Taka, just OM to his back after 66K, and 2KPP hit without delay needed.

3. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Hey Dipstick,

When trying a [3][3][P][+][K] combo follow-up against middleweights I would suggest to use:

[P]([G]) > [2][K][P] > [6][4][P][+][K][P]

This combo follow-up does only one point less damage than the [2][K][P] > [K][P][K] follow-up, but is far easier to do on the middleweight class since there is no worry of mistiming any delayed inputs. Plus it can be done the exact same way on either counter hit or normal hit launch.

This combo also works on lightweights, but there are more damaging options to consider over this one for that weight class, like the hard bound follow-up stuff kingo mentioned.

Kruza

4. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Just saw a combo in a video what works only on Eileen Open Stance:

2_3P+KP CH, P, P+K, KPK 85 dmg.

For once, Don't hold forward for the standing punch.

5. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Nice find! Sucks that this combo only works for one character and for one specific foot position, but it causes too much damage to not include it.

To piggy back on that combo, the one listed below can also be done on Eileen open stance for 87 damage points:

[2_][3][P][+][K][P] (CH only) > [P] > [P][+][K] > [2][P] > [6][K][K]

[6][6][P][+][K][P] can be used instead of [6][K][K] if desired for same damage output.

Doing a second standing jab instead of [2][P] will cause 86 total damage points instead.

There are more options that can be used as the combo ender aside from these two that are listed, but the other options do slightly less damage overall. I will list all options on the GDS file, though, when I have a chance.

Kruza

6. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Does anyone use PPK ender instead of 64P+K P ender in some combos (more dmg)? I haven't extensively tried better ones I'm sure but PPK feels easy to exe. Also, I find PP8PP an OK compromise between exe skill and dmg sometimes. Any comments?

7. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    For me it depends on which attack I used to start the combo when I have to choose as I don't like to do any combos that are escapable. However, Aoi recovers quicker after [P][P][K] than after [6][4][P][+][K][P] (29 to 34 recovery frames respectively), so I would likely prefer the former option if both choices lead to inescapable combos and the total damage output is about equal.

And the [P][P][2]/[8][P][P] combo follow-up is definitely good to use on heavyweights Wolf and Jeffry. Plus it can be used to carry lightweight and middleweight characters into a tall wall or out of an open/low wall ring.

Kruza

Neonomide likes this.
  8. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    I always liked using 66K, 2KP, 64P+K. It's a guaranteed combo on the lighter characters but you need to do an exact roll on Akira/Jack, etc. It leaves you in back turn so when they get up you can either do BT grab or P+KPP. This is nasty against the wall to considering if you do the BT grab that it can lead into a wall combo using 64P+K to wall stagger them, then canceling the second hit into the K. After that you do 2KP, 6K+G, P, P+K, 66P+KP. I think that does 106 or something.

Neonomide likes this.
  9. Dipstick

Dipstick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    It's a necrotic bump, but while doing some lab work for Sega Cup, I found a combo that's pretty bizarre. It's not in any of the combo lists I looked up, because it's using a move that normally isn't a combo starter.

Taka only, CH only, closed stance only, does not work at max range: [1][P], [2][P], [P][P][K] (58 damage) Don't waste any frames.

Yes, it's a guaranteed combo off of [1][P]! As a bonus, you can buffer a crouch throw after [P][P][K] and if they side roll (with exact timing, at least), the crouch throw will connect. If they do not tech at all, if you do [2][P][+][G] or [3][P][+][G], you get a ground throw instead. This will not work if they side roll late as possible, or if they do a in-place recovery (however, a [6][P] will meaty if they do that).

Open stance, you can do [1][P], [2][P], [2][P] which has to be one of the most bootleg combos ever.

Kikimaru likes this.
  10. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Hey, that 58-point combo on Taka is legit. Nice find.

The [P][P][6][P] string can also be used as the combo ender for 55 points in the same scenario.

However, the only [1][P] combo that can be done on Taka from either foot position is [1][P] > [2][P] > [4][3][P] for a paltry 41 points. Meh.

Kruza

11. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    heavyweight: [6][6][5][2][P], [P][P][P][K] does the same dmg (59) but is easier
    heavyweights: [6_][P], [P][P][6][P][P] does 1 more dmg (63)
    light-midweight: [3][3][P]+[K], [P][P][P][K]/[2][K] sacrifices 4 dmg (69) for easier execution ( [2][K] leaves them FU/HT)
    N.B. [3][3][P]+[K] must be delayed as [3][3]~[P]+[K] if they were crouching!
    heavyweights: [6][6],[P], [K][P][K] does 1 more dmg (59)

12. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Credits to this video

Against Eileen only, Close Stance
    33P+K, 66P, P, P+K, 2P, 66P+KP -> 86 DMG
    Most damaging combo from 33P+K starter.

Valakrie, Kikimaru and Craigbot like this.
  13. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    :eek: I'm liking what I see here! I'll have to adopt some of these combos :)! Thanks for the great find, Kingo.

14. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Yeah, that combo video is gold. Thanks a lot for sharing it kingo.

I had to go into the dojo and research if these work on any other characters, and also try to find out some other stuff to base off of what's shown in there.

First, the [6][6][K] > [3][3][P][+][K] > [P] > [P][+][K] > [2][P] > [6][6][P][+][K][P] combo can be done on Eileen, El Blaze and Aoi in either closed or open stance for 85 / 95 (on CH) damage points.

[2_][3][P][+][K] can be substituted for [3][3][P][+][K] to complete this combo. It takes 5 less damage points using the former attack (80 / 90 on CH), but the combo is actually easier to complete on a more consistent basis as the timing window is larger. Also, the former attack finishes the string only on open stance whereas the latter finishes the string in either stance. And of course Tenchi [6][P] can also be used to start that combo in place of [6][6][K] against those characters mentioned above, but keep in mind that this combo string finishes in closed stance only against El Blaze and Aoi using the latter follow-up, and finishes in open stance only against those characters using the former follow-up.
    (NOTE: Tenchi [6][P] switches Aoi's foot position, so make sure to actually be in open stance prior to doing this move to finish a follow-up combo string in closed stance, and vice versa.)

The 73-point stomach crumple combo shown in that video can also be done on Aoi, Sarah and Vanessa, but timing of [2][P] is more strict to complete it in comparison to doing it on Eileen. Also, all other stomach crumple combo starter attacks aside from [4][6][P][+][K] doesn't lead to finishing this combo on Sarah.

[3][3][P][+][K] > [6][6][P] > [P][+][K] > [2][P] > [6][6][P][+][K][P] can also be completed on a Counter Hit totaling up to 97 damage points. You have to delay the [6][6][P] input with perfect timing in order to pull it off though.

A Counter Hit [6][K] knee can also start that combo listed above which tallies up 93 total damage points. The same criteria pertains to this combo as well (vs. Eileen only, closed stance only).

There is a lot of other interesting but slightly less damaging stuff that's been included in the GDS file. Far too much to bother listing here.

Kruza

Valakrie, Kikimaru and Craigbot like this.
  15. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

One question, is the wiki combo correct?
    For example, 44P+K>6K+G>6K>2KPP doesn't work on mid characters.
    Also 66K> 33P+K>P>66P+KP seems only works when opponents don't do immediate tech roll.

I'm not sure which thread I should start with Aoi, any recommend? Can I do 2KP>64P+KP most time for combo ender?

16. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    For the 44P+K combo, it's because you need to "buffer" a crouch dash after 6k.( 1 frame kill ? )
    Against some characters like wolf jacky jeffry or shun di, no delay required.
    Same goes for the combos like 2_3P+KP CH, 2KP, KPK what need a delay after 2KP to work on most characters, while against Brad Lau and Pai, there is no specific timing.

For the 66K combos, it works but there is a timing on the 33P+K part ( delay required ) to make the rest of the combo untechable for mid weights and Jean.

Dennis0201 likes this.
  17. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    No delay is required to do that 76/86 point [4][4][P][+][K] combo on Kage and Goh as well. Same case for Eileen and Aoi, but in open stance only (closed stance requires delay).

I guess the required delayed input to pull this combo off on certain characters have to do with the 1 frame kill thing, but I'm not so sure about it.

Kruza

Dennis0201 likes this.
  18. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Okay, it seems like delay is the key to do those combos. Btw, is it possible to make a note on wiki combo?

I'm looking for her wall combo and setup, I appreciate if you guys can just forward the link to me. Also, what's the good setup to use her 43P and 43P+K? +4 to use 43P+K and 43P to duck regular punch? I'm curious what's the advantage/disadvantage when Aoi cancel her move? For example, PP6P(CH)PG and what is the frame here? Can she always use G cancel(hold) > K to hit any move?

19. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    The Sundome (G-cancel) knee and hit-throw both execute in 15 frames. But I'm not sure on the way to find out how many frames the actual guard-cancel take before going into the following 14-frame start-up phase for either move. At any rate, Aoi is completely vulnerable to any attack during this period (number of start-up frames of G-canceled move + ? + 14).

The Sundome attacks can be used in most G-cancellable situations, with the exception of those which has Aoi back-turned after the G-cancel like [P][P][2]/[8][P] and [3]/[9][P][+][K].

As for [4][3][P] and [4][3][P][+][K]... both moves have great value on Counter Hit and are best used for this purpose alone. For comparison sake however, I think [4][3][P] is the better move overall between the two because it's faster (13f vs. 16f), goes underneath many types of high attacks during start-up as you mentioned, and it can also cause a crouching opponent to stagger on Normal Hit whereas [4][3][P][+][K] becomes almost useless on Normal Hit.

And yeah, being at +4 or better is the ideal situation to consider using [4][3][P][+][K] to try to get the groin crumple.

Google Docs Spreadsheet File: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmHS23-CBTIgdEpKdF9BSlQ3ZDc5empiRTZNNmNPY0E#gid=5

The wall stuff is at the bottom of the combo sheet.

Kruza

Dennis0201 likes this.
  20. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    43P is kinda like a 1 frame slower low punch.
    Used it like your 2P if your opponent has a good low crush / anti-2P moves, and / or if you don't want to get sabakied / parried.

43P+K works against abare for CH combos purpose. Lose to punch/elbow sabaki and 11 fr punch at +4 though.

Dennis0201 and Kruza like this.