1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Brad Thread

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Libertine, Feb 6, 2012.

1. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Sorry Animal but all the other characters suck. The only character that really matters is Brad [​IMG]

Nice flowchart btw [​IMG]

2. C_3

C_3 Member

In the frame data, it says that the jab is 12fr and jab to high kick is 13fr... i'm assuming that the 13fr is in reference to the high kick? and is the fastest jab in the game 12fr now?

3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Eileen, Lion, Kage, and Pain have 11 frame jabs. Though some BT/stance varieties from many characters can be as fast, and DS Vanessa`s [3][P] is 10 frames.

4. C_3

C_3 Member

I see. To repeat the first question...

In the frame data, it says that the jab is 12fr and jab to high kick is 13fr... i'm assuming that the 13fr is in reference to the high kick?

5. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Yes 12 frame for the jab to execute from beginning to finish, 13 frame for the kick portion of the string to execute.

6. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

Correct.

Kruza

7. C_3

C_3 Member

Ok, thank you. Who are the top Brad's in the US and in other parts of the world? (aside from Itoshun)?

8. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Speaking of exceptionally fast moves, just thought i'd remind everyone that, according to Libertine's link & writeup, Brad's [4] [P] [+] [K] is a 12f elbow that slams on CH [​IMG]

I imagine Brad and Vanessa playing revision poker:

Brad: "I'll start with a high-high-low jab string - since you're fresh out of those" [​IMG]
    Vanessa : "I still have a high punch that's 2f faster than yours though. And it actually gives nice frames now." [​IMG]
    Brad : "I see your 10f jab that gives +6 on CH and raise you a 12f elbow that launches on CH" [​IMG]
    Vanessa: "Speaking of elbows, i raise you a special high BT [P] [+] [K]" [​IMG]
    Brad: "Hah! That's, like, 10 years old. Your new DS [4] [P] [+] [K] doesn't cut it eh? Besides, when it comes to elbows, [9] [P] [+] [K]" [​IMG]
    Vanessa: "I see your jumping elbow and raise you with a [6_] [K] High Kick that's 1f faster and sobers 1DP" [​IMG]
    Brad: "Oh yeah? I see your trivial frame advantage and raise you with a [6] [6] [K] that's 4 frames faster and 8 points more damaging" [​IMG]
    Vanessa: "You know mine's not punishable, right?" [​IMG]
    Brad: "OH YEAH?! I CAN REVERSE YOURS! I RAISE YOU ONE REVERSAL! WHERE'S YOUR REVERSAL AT?!" [​IMG][​IMG]
    Vanessa: "Well, technically hand hold --"
    Brad: "REVERSAL!!!" [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] *Pap Sawk Kao's table*

9. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Brad's command list has been updated.

@C_3: Japanese Brad users Chino Brad and bokkiakia are also very good.

As far as that 12 frame [4][P][+][K] is concerned, it can be seen at the beginning of this video.

BeastEG likes this.
  10. C_3

C_3 Member

Thanks for the reply [​IMG] btw, hey everyone, obviously i'm new to VFDC. I'm a brad/goh player from Toronto Canada and i've been playing competitively for 7 years primarily in CvS 2, 3rd strike, SF4 and tekken. I was looking for a solid game that was worth putting the extra effort into, and i've found myself here in the world of VF [​IMG]

My PSN is: Charlie_C3

If anybody wants to chat about anything, feel free to message me.

11. Tryston

Tryston Well-Known Member

@C_3: nice to meet ya bro!

i just started playin brad today, and i gotta say i've been missing out!
    you see, i came from the soulcalibur community and i used to play maxi, so brad feels like more than a perfect match! I am gonna main him like crazy in FS! XD

12. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Excellent right up, here's some more stuff:

[4][P]+[K]+[G][K] is awesome. Think of it as Brad's version of Aoi's [4][4][P]+[K] or Taka's [4][4][P]+[K], except with better range, and it hits mid. The damage afterwards is not too shabby as well. So, with decent spacing sway can cause certain attacks to whiff and the [K] lands on recovery.

[1][P]+[K] work as his bound. And though it looks like it shouldn't be, it's a normal punch attack so characters with inashi/sabaki/reversals have no trouble with it.

[3][P]+[K][P] has amazing range, and is so hit checkable. Think of it was a faster version of Jeffry's [4][3][P][P], but arguably better.

[K]+[G], [2][K]+[G], [6][6][K] all cause wall splat to Brad's Back. [6][6][K] is really good, regardless of it's lack of safety. Where as Akira, Jeffry, Wolf, etc. have trouble with punishing someone who opens with [4][4][2]/[8][G], [6][6][K] takes it out.

[1][P] goes clean under highs at slight disadvantage, and can lead to a decent combo.

Not sure if it is the best (or if it is untechable, i.e. works 100%), but [6][P]+[K] [P] [3][P]+[K][P] work for decent damage against Taka.

Uh... Brad is fucking awesome. Awesome tools, much easier to use.

13. C_3

C_3 Member

Where can I find a list of brad's new moves and details about them aside from the link on the first page? I ask because i am unable to open the file on my phone.

14. Frostycyke

Frostycyke Member

Looks I'm the first of many to flood this forum since VF5:FS was released.

Is the front page updated with Final Showdown information, or does it use an older revision. Any idea where I can find a decent combo list?

15. WolfenDeath

WolfenDeath New Member

Thank you for the breakdown. It was very informative especially the videos.

16. Beefywhale

Beefywhale New Member

@Tryston I actually felt like Brad was a mix between Nightmare, and Steve Fox. Big risk reward, and a lot of movement. Both characters I love from other games, but damn if I know how to use Brad effectively. I'm getting mauled.

17. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Don't know if what is written is old here but it's a legit +15 on guard = guaranteed 6p+k launch so this needs to change

18. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Yeah, thanks for reminding me of this. It seems as though [6][P][+][K] also lands as a normal hit in this situation, rather than as a minor counter hit.

BeastEG likes this.
  19. Libertine

When Jacky hits me with his rising sweep and does [7][K][+][G], I cannot manage to hit him with [6][P][+][K] after it's guarded. Seems like a specific spacing issue, and think that people should be aware of it. I should start to use better punishes, anyway. It's just that [6][P][+][K] seems to be the most consistent.

BeastEG likes this.
  20. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    Would a short dash fix the spacing issue? You could dash for ten frames or so and then do whatever you want, if you can time it well.