1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown comes to PS4... by way of Yakuza 6.

Discussion in 'News' started by oneida, Sep 6, 2016.

By oneida on Sep 6, 2016 at 9:54 AM
  1. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will be playable in the Yakuza 6 on PlayStation 4. There is a two-player mode, too!

vf5fs-yakuza-6.jpg

News via gematsu:

Live Chat

A new play spot available in the Internet Cafe. By carrying out precise button presses in response to your conversation with the web girl, the conversation will get more and more exciting.

Cabaret Club

The Cabaret Club of Yakuza 6 has evolved into a strategic card game where you proceed with conversation using 83 types of topic cards. If you get the girl excited enough, in the end, you can of course…

Basic Play Spots Have Also Been Enhanced

• Karaoke
    • Darts
    • Mahjong
    • Virtual Fighter 5: Final Showdown – You can now play the latest version of Virtual Fighter 5 on PlayStation 4. There is a two-player mode, too.
    • Puyo Puyo – This also has a two-player mode.
    • Batting Center
    • Sega Retro Arcade Games – Outrun, Super Hang-On, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone.

More (well, not much) at the link.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by oneida, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Myke
      Myke
      Reading this headline is like reading that NASA has found water on Mars. At first it sounds exciting, but when you read the fine print, you're kind of left underwhelmed and slightly confused.

So with this news of VF5FS on PS4 (via Yakuka 6), I'm similarly conflicted. It has all the right ingredients: "VF", "6", "PS4", but not in the correct, magical sequence.

On one hand, you want to be happy to see the latest VF title appear on a current gen console. For the casual and/or Yakuza fan, it might be a great way to introduce the VF series especially considering the overlap with the Yakuza series. And who knows, maybe it's a teaser for something else to come on PS4?

On the other hand, the third line forcing business model of having to buy another title to play VF5FS on a current gen platform is disappointing. If you assume there's no cross-play between PS3 and PS4, and with the dwindling user base already split across two separate platforms -- Xbox 360 and PS3 -- then this move by SEGA isn't one that appeals to the hardcore audience, IMO.

The VF trademark was recently renewed, now we have signs of VF "life" on a current gen platform. I wonder what's next?
      oneida, Technocrow, Sozos and 2 others like this.
    2. celsowm
      celsowm
      For me there is a BIG chance, because PS4 is a X86 platform and this VF5 FS code would be easily ported to X1 and PC
      Kruza likes this.
    3. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      ^@Myke, this is all assuming that there's no plans in the pipeline for the game to get ported to PSN proper for PS4.

As I said, the games released very close to each-other on PS3/XBLA, so there's no reason to think they might not have something similar planned?

Perhaps a VF5FS on PS4 with the intros and slight tweaks to aesthetics (music selection, stages etc) to make it a 'New Edition' or something?

I figure if they've gone to the trouble of making the game run native on PS4, there's a healthy chance they'll release the game standalone on the network, much how they did with VF2/Yakuza 5.
    4. oneida
      oneida
      Wishlist everyone?
      I'd like to see:
      -1080p
      -uncompressed audio
      -custom costumes
      -better netcode than XBLA
      -PS3 stick support

none of these things will happen
      jimi Claymore, G0d3L and adamYUKI like this.
    5. Tricky
      Tricky
      Does the current version have compressed audio? Is that why the songs sound so crappy?
    6. oneida
      oneida
      yes
    7. Devdan
      Devdan
      This is cool, but honestly aside from vanilla 5 any other VF would be more interesting. I'll be buying the game regardless.
      oneida likes this.
    8. G0d3L
      G0d3L
      I'm literally rotfling!!!

Please Oneida make it a tweet already!!!
      oneida likes this.
    9. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      I mean...this is better than nothing....right....RIGHT!?
      jimi Claymore and oneida like this.
    10. FcoBenitez
      FcoBenitez
      Holy shit!
    11. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      Beat the yen out of them.
    12. Tricky
      Tricky
      C'mon they are so lazy. They just put Goh in their game. Lame SEGA.
    13. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      This is where FS Goh moves come from.
    14. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I want:
      Standalone release of VF5:FS for current gen and/or PC.

Either:
      * Nice Price, super cheap identical version of the one on PS3/360.

or

* Fleshed out 'Definitive' release with 1080p, more music options, the arcade intros at character select and ... stages from 5 & 5R.
      Sozos likes this.
    15. Tricky
      Tricky
      typical am2 Kappa
      ShinyBrentford likes this.
    16. LegendaryHero90
      LegendaryHero90
      i'd honestly like to have "all" the different stages at this point if possible. It'd be pretty cool to see how some stages have changed drastically over the lifetime of the game. Oh and good online support would be nice but i have a feeling its just gonna be a port of the Non-VFnet VF5fs with none of the customizable intros and costumes.
      oneida likes this.
    17. Chill
      Chill
      *bump*

http://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/six/adventure/adventure03/

Go go google translate:

Myke and oneida like this.
    18. oneida
      oneida
      Re-descent indeed!
    19. Technocrow
      Technocrow
      This is showing some good promise! Now if we could just get a PC port that would be perfect. If this is a teaser for things to come I think we'll be in for a treat.
      oneida likes this.
    20. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      "feeding a variety of tricks from the three basic operation of the guard,
      or the strength of the opponent to zero, one once to fall in the well curb
      the seizure."

This is how I'll sell VF to potential new players.
      Myke and Tricky like this.