1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown comes to Xbox One via backwards compatibility

Discussion in 'News' started by oneida, Sep 15, 2016.

By oneida on Sep 15, 2016 at 12:06 PM
  1. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Via majornelson:
    Bound by Flame, The Maw & Virtua Fighter 5 FS are coming to Xbox One Back Compat today

So there you have it.

Ever since Backwards compatibility for the Xbox One was announced, I was personally very excited about the prospect of having VF5FS on a modern system. There's a few reasons why having this on XB1 via BC is preferable - namely, we don't have to buy the game again.

It'll be an interesting few days as we dig into this version of the game to see how it stacks up.

vf5fs-xbox-one.jpg
    If you had VF5FS on the Xbox 360 and would like to re-use your saved game and DLC then follow the instructions adapted from @RayBlade.

Getting your Saved Game from Xbox 360 to Xbox One
    Enable Cloud Saving on your Xbox 360 (if not already):
    1. From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then select System.
    2. Select Storage, and then select Cloud Saved Games.
    3. Select Enable Cloud Saved Games.
    Move your Saved Game to the cloud:
    1. Ensure you're signed in to your Xbox profile.
    2. Go to settings, and then select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select the storage device that contains the saved game that you want to move to the cloud.
    5. Select Games and Apps.
    6. Select Virtua Fighter 5 FS.
    7. Select the System Data Saved Game file.
    8. Select Move.
    9. Select Cloud Saved Games.
    10. Repeat steps 7-9 for any Replay Data files you wish to keep.
    Getting your DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One
    1. Select My Games and Apps.
    2. Navigate to Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown and press Start.
    3. Select Manage Game.
    4. Download DLC.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by oneida, Sep 15, 2016.

1. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      How good VF5FS BC version on XboxOne comparing to its X360 original?
      What pros or cons from playing it on Xbox One via BC?
      How good is online now through Xbox One?
    2. oneida
      oneida
      Same exact game. XBO effectively boots up a 360 emulator to run it. Same servers.
      SUGATA likes this.
    3. Kruza
      Kruza
      A note to those who are streaming for the first time on Twitch via Xbox One:

The default setting is not to save any past broadcasts, and this setting is not adjustable directly on the Xbox One Twitch app. So to change this setting you'll have to go to the Twitch website. Next, go to Settings > Channel & Videos, then check that box next to 'Archive Broadcasts.' And finally, scroll to the bottom of the webpage and click on the Save Changes box.

Kruza
      Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
      MadeManG74 and oneida like this.
    4. Manjimaru
      Manjimaru
      This post is very misleading. Theres a HUGE difference between game run on the platform its intended for, or a an emulator. For example, I have VF4E on my ps3 that runs via emulator. Couple maps on it are literally unplayable with lag (namely Jeffs island and Sarahs underground cage arena).

What we want to know is, how well does the XB1 emulator work with VF5FS? And how does the online work for that matter. Whether I will get myself a XB1 depends entirely on this answer.

I doubt the servers are really the same either since there is no crossplay..
      Tricky and SUGATA like this.
    5. YOMI
      YOMI
      http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-backwards-compatibility-on-xbox-one

It'll work.
    6. oneida
      oneida
      There is crossplay. It's the same servers.
      Air Louis 116 likes this.
    7. Manjimaru
      Manjimaru
      So there is no need to buy XB1 for this?

edit: I guess Yomi meant his "it will work" as a sarcastic comment, as usual. The article proves that my scepticism is warranted.

We shall see. I'm not holding my breath.
      Tricky likes this.
    8. oneida
      oneida
      What are you sceptical about? I've had an XB1 for about two weeks now and am happy to answer any questions you might have about VF on it. The only reason to get an XB1 for this is for the added capabilities which the console provides, namely easy streaming and DVR stuff like screenshots and video recording and editing. For me, I've been itching to put my 360 away for years and now I (almost) can.
    9. Kruza
      Kruza
      I miss being able to know the status of any friend who has VF5FS on -- whether they're currently in Rank, Players, Room, doing one of the Single player modes, watching replays, customizing their character(s), or just standing by. Plus I miss the luxury of having a Players list of folks I've just played against since the ones you meet on VF5FS doesn't show on the Players list through the Xbox One (although I did eventually find a legitimate workaround plan for this issue).

Aside from these small gripes, I have spent my last days playing VF5FS on my 360. The pros greatly outweighs the cons for me when I switched over to playing this game full time on my Xbox One.

Kruza
      Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
      oneida and Myke like this.
    10. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Kruza you still can on XB1.

Just press "start and select" on XB1 quickly, to have the 360 menu on XB1 and being able to see what's going on for your VF friends.

Sanic
      SUGATA and Kruza like this.
    11. Kruza
      Kruza
      Cool... I didn't know this can be done on Xbox One. I'll check this out later.

Kruza
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    12. steelbaz
      steelbaz
      The X1 port does have noticeable offline input lag according to cruz and sozos and X1 backwards compatible ports are well known all over the net for having input lag issues, just google it. If they ever drop the price to $6 or something on games with gold i'll snag FS on X1 and see how noticeable the input lag is to me. I immediately noticed the massive SF5 input lag and questioned a few people on my steam list about it, then display lag confirmed how bad it really was. Like you said it's an emulated version.
      Tricky likes this.
    13. oneida
      oneida
      I have tested input lag on VF5FS on XBO, it is 3 frames, pretty much the same as on 360
      https://twitter.com/oneida__/status/780613894352019457
      check frame counter
      count is at 137 when i hit guard, input registers at 140
      Mister and Tricky like this.
    14. steelbaz
      steelbaz
      Ah so X1 has 50% more input lag than the 360 from your testing. The 360 player gets 3 moves registered for every 2 moves that register for an X1 player in the same 6 frames. An Interesting result that confirms what cruz said, cruz knows whats up!
      Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    15. Autobotdan
      Autobotdan
      Cool! Microsoft rocks for adding VF5 Final Showdown to XboxOne backwards compatibility!
      Air Louis 116 and oneida like this.
    16. Autobotdan
      Autobotdan
      I just got a Xbox one x but haven't tested or played VF5FS on it yet. Maybe less lag on x model