1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown online casuals tournament (PSN)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by InnerSanctum Games, Aug 27, 2013.

1. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Can I join the two tournament ? both in PSN & XBL since I own the both system.
    My character is obviously Aoi.

InnerSanctum Games likes this.
  2. InnerSanctum Games

InnerSanctum Games Well-Known Member

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

Good Question Sir!

Truthfully, I initially planned to have players with both consoles make entries into both tournaments. After much thinking, I decided this wasn't fair in case someone dominated both tournaments.

So you can only choose one console to compete on.

BTW I have switched to PSN after loosing a match I could have easily won :(

The Standard and New Pads I bought just didn't cut it. Found it hard to do most of Lau Chan's moves and combinations.

I'll add your PSN now :)

3. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Libertine likes this.
  4. SNAKE BOSS

Is it cool if I add you on psn.

5. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

Absolutely!

Its: projectaella

SNAKE BOSS likes this.
  6. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    Hey @InnerSanctum Games, talk to me. What can I help you with?

7. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I'm using the frame whor...err...Sarah.

8. SNAKE BOSS

Hey man I agree about everything you said about the conditions for me to be in the tournament, but except one thing and that is lag, lag is not my fault and comes from the network and you would know this on psn there is more lag then on xbl. So if it lags its not my fault cause I have a wired connection and a 18mb internet, so its not right if it lags I should not be penalized for it cause i have nothing to do with it. i dont like lag my self but on psn it happens.

9. SNAKE BOSS

i will be using lau, but what are the rules?

10. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

Hey man I will inbox you shortly!

11. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm
    -------------- PSN CONNECTION UPDATE ----------------- (09/09/2013)

As most of you will have already gathered, I have decided to compete on PSN as opposed to XBL due to control pad issues. To those of you who use the standard XBOX360 Controller to play Virtua Fighter 5: FS, I throw my hat off to you. Much Respect. It isn't easy at all. @Craigbot and @kingo , I even have more respect for the both of you now.

What is interesting is that in the short time I spent testing the connection on XBL did something to my Virtua Fighter skills. It seems to have improved it a little bit. This seems to have translated to PS3 as well. As a result of playing with the XBOX360 controller, I actually learnt new combinations and secrets with Lau Chan! Good Stuff!

I have played a couple of Matches with Snake Boss, and I am glad to announce that the connection quality gets a 97%. Something I forgot to mention to you Snake Boss is that I actually had a couple of downloads going on in the background (PS3 and Laptop), so I am impressed that in spite of that, the connection was pretty strong and consistent. I know you wanted to see my Lau in action, but don't worry, the TIGER KING WAS RESTING!!! ;)

Regarding the rules for the PSN, they will be very similar to the XBL tourney rules with a few additions actually. These additions are to level the playing field a bit more and accommodate for the possibility of lag (Think about it, there is a higher probability of lag on PSN, if the rules were exactly the same as the XBL tournament, a lot of players might get the short end of the stick).

I'd also like to use this as an opportunity to announce that @Craigbot is now the acting XBL tournament host. I will only spectate and record matches for the replays and winner videos. I am handing this over to @Craigbot because I believe he can comfortably act in my place. I will send you the tournament details once done and brief you. I think I might have your email address in my inbox somewhere ... I will have a look. For being an acting host, you will be acknowledged and credited for this :):)

Apart from that, so far so good! :):)

Oh and I have a tournament date too :) There are some veeeeery interesting new rules in place * EVIL GRIN ** lol

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    Craigbot and SNAKE BOSS like this.
  12. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm
    Hello Guys!

This is the one you have been waiting for :), we got a date :cool:

Find attached to this message, the Version 2 of the Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Online Casuals Tournament - XBL

This is near enough done, and the Version 3 will finalise the missing parts ;):):) As you can see, I have beefed it up a little and added some interesting tournament mechanics.

Hope you guys enjoy it! @Craigbot

Any suggestions, please do not hesitate to reply to this or inbox me!

Look forward to seeing some amazing matches (I just get this feeling this is going to be Epic, don't ask me why!). :cool::p:D:eek::rolleyes:

Attached Files:

13. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Ok, a couple of questions:

8 players is not the limit, right ? Can we be more ?
    Will there be brackets, or all players play against each other ?
    I can barely play with craigbot because of our connection, so I can't imagine how ugly it will be with the player from South America... Are you going to make a tourney by region / area ?

InnerSanctum Games and WiZzYx like this.
  14. WiZzYx

WiZzYx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WiZzYx3DG
    XBL:
    WiZzYx3DG
    Yeah. I prefer to play against USA players too. And switch to PSN, for some pad issues.

15. SNAKE BOSS

i cant open that attached file for the rules on m lap top, can you just write it here in this thread?

16. Craigbot

XBL:
    Craigbot
    :eek: Wow, I wasn' expecting something like this at all. Thanks for the vote of confidence @InnerSanctum Games to me being a host for your tournament :). I'll try my best to live up to your expectations :D.

17. Craigbot

XBL:
    Craigbot
    The last time we played there was some lag in our matches :(. What we can do is go online sometime and play to see how the connection is. Hopefully it's better than last time :). How is your connection with @Darthminion by the way, I may have to get him in the room and see what the connection is like as well.

18. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

Any time man. I think version 3 should sum everything up nicely! :)

19. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

By the way, Just to give you an idea what I'm planning for the quality of videos :)

Check this out: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elgato-Capt...TF8&colid=1KHC2G3HCWBK8&coliid=I32D23PCU246P5

Craigbot and EvenPit like this.
  20. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

Hello @kingo ,

Apologies for the late reply! I would truly love more than 8 players in this tournament, and believe me I am doing my utmost to recruit more XBL players. If you can help me contact any of your friends interested in participating and direct them to the forums, that would be brilliant!

I will have a random pick box for each region to start the fights off, then the best from each region will go head to head.

Don't worry! Version 3 of announcement will be out shortly and detail all these. In the meantime, our priority is recruiting more players! This is of high importance!

@kingo I would also like to put my hats off to you. You have to be one of the best AOI players I have ever come across. Your movement is fluid and your understanding of this character is evidently very deep! I really learnt a lot playing against you and I enjoyed getting flattened like a pancake! lol :):):eek::eek::D:D (I am already putting my Lau through the danger room!).

Stay tuned for more updates and don't hesitate to Inbox me, Email me e.t.c. if you guys have any questions! Oh btw I have a little nice update for you guys in a few minutes :rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::oops::eek::eek::p:p

Craigbot likes this.