1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. Joe

Joe New Member

Well... more characters. Enough of that only 2 characters per game, them can enlarge the team, for example Siba (only fighting megamix characters but originally idea from the original Virtua Fighter game), I think it would be a good idea revive characters from Fighting Vipers saga and Last Bronx (like Bahn, Grace, Candy, B.M., Toru Kurosawa, Joe Inagaki, Yusaku Kudo and Red Eye). Differentiate Gold Dural and classic Dural (is better, two bosses), and create a brand new pair of characters. The game companies have deleted the book think inside the box. a history in game is required. with a prologue, an unfolding and a final for each character. would be perfect. I'm waiting Virtua Fighter 6 (Sure from PS4 and XBOX one. but I think XBOX 360 and PS3 still has life). Sorry for my bad english... Greetings from Venezuela

3. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I would disagree, I think the two character increase is perfect. Quality over Quantity. I love that VF only introduces two characters per game, but they are unique and well fleshed out, and BALANCED. I don't want them to pull a Tekken or Street Fighter and just dump in another 20 characters for the sake of it, then only having about five be viable for tournament play.

T_Rev, ToyDingo and DK like this.
  4. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

it also gives players a chance to stay up to date on all the match ups. Unlike ttt2 where you have to know how to work against 60 other characters.

5. ShinyBrentford

Yeah, but his choices of the two characters was excellent. I would love to see Siba and Bahn. Now lets play some final showdown until VF6 comes out.

Seminasuke and MadeManG74 like this.
  6. aoi ameindei

aoi ameindei Well-Known Member

PSN:
    INSTA_BOLT
    LOL i do love kofxiii
    but clarks command throw is 7 seconds of the same animation it gets really annoying after awhile

7. Kanura

Kanura Active Member

The last sentence sadly sums up much of today's Sega.
    VF4 EVO was made under Yu Suzuki, before the Sammy merger/takeover, VF5 FS was made after the takeover (and of course Suzuki's departure). Under Sammy, tight-fistedness and cutting corners have become the order of the day at Sega. I suspect AM2 were given a very tight budget and little resources to add much in the way of features. VF5 vanilla is not much better. Both games lack the Time Attack, Team Battle, and Survival modes which every other fighting game has as a bare minimum. Its like making a racing game without time attacks or practice. Everything is so basic and as stingy as a Scotsman.

The 2gb is extremely limiting and crippling and its frankly impressive they crammed in as much as they did. The loss of sound quality is hardly surprising given that tends to gobble up more memory than anything else so gets the sharp end of compression. That they still managed to cram in the customization under that 4gb limit is amazing.

8. Devdan

Devdan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WrysWendellBoah
    XBL:
    WrysWendellBoah
    We're really still doing this, huh.

For whatever reason, Time Attack and Survival haven't been standard in ages. I can't think of any recent fighters that have both aside from KoFXIII and maybe Tekken 6, and many don't have either. I feel like Team Battle hasn't been standard sincde the late 90's. FS is lacking modes, but it could be worse. We've been through this like, a lot of times. There is no reason to say it all again.

Quick, let's complain about how the graphics are considerably worse than the arcade version even though they aren't. Who cares if it's true or not, we're talking about the worst game of all time here.

9. VF needs a REAL Story Mode.

10. ShinyBrentford

By story mode you mean a cut scene at the end of the game that has nothing to do with the cannon of the except for like one character? Right?

11. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    Fighting games have the best story.

12. ShinyBrentford

If you want VF story go play that VF pachinko

13. Vf could be a more well known than Tekken if it had a more cohesive plot, with more sounds and images . In other words: A Story Mode in the Menu Screen.

14. ShinyBrentford

Here is tekkens plot. Tekken 1 Kid hates his dad and beats his dad. Tekken 2 Dad hates his kid and beats his kid. Tekken 3 Grandson hates green guy gets shot by granddad. Tekken 4 Kid, Grandson, and Granddad all hates each other. Tekken 5 Kid, Grandson and Granddad hates each other while great Granddad hates them also. Tekken 6 Kid, Grandson, and Granddad all hate each other while Granddad died. Tekken 7 Kid, Grandson, and Granddad hates each other while Grandmom comes in to start in on the hate.

Such a great plot they are going in with Tekken series. Maybe they should focus more on making a game and less on ripping off everything VF has done with a halfdemon cliche subplot.

P.S. Tekken Stop ripping off Street Fighter by adding a comeback mechanic also. Nobody likes having to drop combos so the other player doesn't get rage

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  15. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    why does everyone get up in arms about a half ass story mode? you want to know vfs story so bad? read the fucking manual.

just play the Damn game or stay free playing single player over and over and over. .

MadeManG74 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  16. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    But they have ANIMATIONS!
    And EXPLODING GALAXIES after anything connects!
    Wooooow such and awesome game! Booo VF, such boring game! Look at the grpahic, no effect, like game for morons. And no animations AT ALL! Boooo!

Strider786 likes this.
  17. Calm down guys. I prefer VF than tekken by far. But you have to agree with me: Virtua Fighter is an economic game. Do you think things work that way? I buy a game, I read the manual to know the plot and go to play? C'mon, players need to identify with the VF world through images in a beautiful Story Mode. Just my opinion. Tekken plot is complicated and horrible. One more reason to Vf explore this.

18. Just one example. About jeffry's fighting style, the Pancratium:

Pankration (/pæn.ˈkreɪti.ɒn/ or /pæŋˈkreɪʃən/)(Greek : Παγκράτιο) was a sporting event introduced into the Greek Olympic Games in 648 BC and founded as a blend of boxing and wrestling but with scarcely any rules. The only things not acceptable were biting and gouging of the opponent's eyes. The term comes from the Greek παγκράτιον [paŋkrátion], literally meaning "all might" from πᾶν (pan-) "all" and κράτος (kratos) "strength, might, power".

Only these piece of article is an inspiration to work in a good plot, and i'm not talking about time travel and explosions. Think about that.

19. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

Pankration = Grape everything?

20. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Actually VF have quite good story. It is just not in the game and it was not accessible to anyone except Japanese, untill Modellah translated it all