1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Bilal

Bilal Well-Known Member

Wrong website son, this is VFDC and we do not cater to casual mortals. All we need are moving hitboxes and a line drawn for ring outs.

Rome, MadeManG74, Hui_Xiu and 2 others like this.
  2. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

We understand what your saying we just busting your balls, cause everybody in this thread doesn't really play VF and just come on here and cry about how they want a story mode. I'm like do you really need a fluffer to play a fighting game? With that being said MK and GGX has done a great job with a story mode in a fighting game and I would also like some dialog between the VF characters in intros. If you really want to watch VF story mode you should try the anime. I think you guys would like Goku Akira and bitchy Pai. The anime has a nice campy feel.

Marcelo Kahwage likes this.
  3. I play Virtua Fighter since the Saturn version. VF 2 is a masterpiece. I played all titles, including crossovers (fighters megamix). In VF final shodown i'm well ranked. I played against Modellah 2 or 3 times. Was a good fight. He plays very well with the Taka-Arashi. I have to keep in my mind that Virtua Fighter is a game with dogmas (Akira and Dural aways the bosses, few new fighters etc.), but the game have the best gameplay in 3D style, so i understand that some of yours do not accept certain changes. But for a game that have one arcade cabinet at the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History, Maybe I'm not asking too much.

Modelah likes this.
  4. ShinyBrentford

I never said you didn't play, but saying "that most of the people on this thread don't really play" is a great way to get the players that don't play to tell on themselves. If your playing then you got nothing to prove LOL.

Marcelo Kahwage likes this.
  5. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Can we assume then that the VF related project Sega was working on ended up being the VF card game thingy? Still hoping for some sort of announcement in regards to VF6 not sure if Sega have any new arcade boards coming out?

6. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I imagine that they would be doing something with the series still, but we'll just have to be patient. There are still FS tournaments and players around so I can afford to wait a little longer.

7. Project Bokuho

Project Bokuho Active Member

PSN:
    HelloMrBokiHoki
    XBL:
    Project Bokuho
    They really need to finish the other episodes in English. I don't know why they stopped after episode 25 lol

8. Rome

Rome Member

I can't say how awesome a VF6 would be.

For me it feels like there is a new fresh hype for fighting games and the fgc has grown a lot, so i'm really looking forward to a new VF.
    My only concern is that a new VF could become a little bit too casual since a lot of the new people in the fgc are casual fighting gamers, IMO.
    And my experience is that easier fighting games sell much better than a game where u really have to put time into, like VF.
    I hope if Sega really decides to bring a new VF then it still feels like VF, without cheap comeback tools like ultras and a maybe too strong meter system.

Oh and pls give Brad a sick "skull crusher" move from a crouch throw or something like that :D Love dat move *_*

aoi ameindei and Riskbreak like this.
  9. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Just out of curiosity, this are console sales of previous VFs I was able to find. VF5 sales do NOT include FS release, unlike VF4 sale that includes EVO. PC nor PS3 (re-release) sales for VF2 are not included as well.

As far as FS goes, all Iwas able to find is that is sales over 0,3m copies world-wide within first 2 weeks and thisumber is for US/EU only!!!
    Just to compare - Sonic Generations (BOXED game what usually means much igher slaes that digital-only release!) sold UNDER 0,3m copies in first 2 weeks after release.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Ellis and Rome like this.
  10. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Thanks for the numbers Unicorn really appreciated :)

So nothing was announced at TGS when is the next big Japanese event that we could possibly hear some news?

11. ShinyBrentford

Looks like we are going to be playing VF5FS still. Still better than everything that is out there now. So get off this thread and start playing.

P.S. watch VF R.A.W. this sunday at http://www.twitch.tv/blackstar_ga

oneida likes this.
  12. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Thanx for the numbers Unicorn, Wow!!! So total VF5FS (PS3 + Xbox 360) YTD is probably > VF2 and VF4 :) If the Xbone and the PS4 have any real longevity it is likely we will see a VF6 at some point in the future. Maybe Sega will time the release of VF6 so that it comes out after Tekken 7 and Soul Caliber 6 thus allowing Sega to dramatically improve/add to, or change any ideas that the Namco folks might have borrowed from the leaked feature set of VF6's design :mad:

13. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    10 Enhancements to VF5FS that would increase the replay value of VF, significantly increase the size of the single player and 2 player VF communities and would maximize the size of the online VF community and would reward loyal fans and make an already great game the absolute G.O.A.T

1. VF.TV (expanded and improved from VF5)

2. player configurable routes for Arcade mode (let player design which 6 fighters and the order) AM2 there are 1000's of permutations (20,6) of routes

3. Special Sparring Sessions should be expanded to have one session where there are random fighters for each group, for example the 'Kumite fighters' could be different each time you select that group.

4. Add loadable player 1 and player 2 profiles for VS mode play and single player

5. Your license Class status should be part of your player profile both offline and online. You should not even be allowed to get promoted to Hunter unless you have a License Class of B or higher. Your License Class should show in player mode, room mode.

6. AM2 please add back PR statements,screen names and win/loss statistics for Online modes, Vs modes and Single player.

7. Should be able to save Replays for Score Attack mode. It would be nice to see and show how some of those High scores were achieved!

8. ALL MOVES IN THE MOVELIST SHOULD HAVE DEMONSTRATION MODE in the DOJO.

9. VF desperately needs a Tournament mode (single player, vs, and online) VF5 and VF4EVO almost had tournament modes, Sega could build off of those.

10. VF needs a Survival mode (up to 1000 fights) in single player with survivor results
    posted to the online scoreboard

TO AM2/SEGA (or any representatives, proxies, or connected ppl that might read this post)

Thank you for an excellent fighting game, excellent balanced fighting engine, beautiful graphics, amazing fighting styles, amazing stages, awesome customizations and awesome DOJO. If there will be no VF6 we are fortunate and grateful to have VF5FS and will always play it. But if there will be a VF6, the above features would improve the greatness and masterpiece quality of VF5FS and the Virtua Fighter Series

arigato

MasterPo (a.k.a lastmonk)

14. Macrobeast

Macrobeast New Member

Whatever else AM2 does for FS or a VF6 they should recreate VF4evo's training mode. I'm pretty sure it's the only fighting game ever to have a training mode that actually will teach you earnest in-game skills to succeed at the game.

Project Bokuho and aoi ameindei like this.
  15. Gorix

Gorix New Member

Hello. My belief is that the established skill ceiling in VF, and most fighters in general, doesn't require changing, but a more intuitive way of teaching newer players how to play, and therefore likely engage, with the game. As for VF6, my big hope is that AM2 really just innovates upon the gameplay in a meaningful way that adds more depth, and gives us one monster of a game. Also, reboot the whole story by restarting from beginning and putting effort into writing one that unfolds in a character-specific story mode or what not. The characters are all full of potential, and all-there-in-the-manual crap doesn't work anymore.

Project Bokuho, Rome and aoi ameindei like this.
  16. celsowm

celsowm Well-Known Member

17. Project Bokuho

Project Bokuho Active Member

PSN:
    HelloMrBokiHoki
    XBL:
    Project Bokuho
    The lack of personality (and better voice acting) also a turn-off for some people. Without it, audiences tend to turn away from the game. It is true, balance and competition is important in fighting games. But without the story, personality, flair and other things, the game's life may not last that long.

Hopefully, this will apply to consoles as well.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  18. Devdan

Devdan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WrysWendellBoah
    XBL:
    WrysWendellBoah
    Maybe if everyone stops parroting that the game has no personality, people will stop believing that. It has tons of personality.

19. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    ROFL

20. ShinyBrentford

The VF6 thread. The only thread on VFDC that has nobody that actually plays VF in it. I can't wait for VF6 to come out so you guys can still suck at it only to start the VF7 thread. Learn the game that's out before crying about a new one. ROFL

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014