1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

New VF6!

2. MarieRose

MarieRose Member

I have this game already on my ps3, 2 years ago. LOL

3. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

It's time to get this on xbox marierose. :)

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  4. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    I would not be surprised if this has less discussion after it's actually announced.

5. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I wonder how folks who favor the MTE system feel about option selects in games like SF4 or Xrd, which is what MTE basically is, just branded as a feature of the game.

6. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    There's more option selects in VF than just MTE or LTE. I like Xrd's OSs so far, because the developers built them purposely with the rest of the gameplay ecosystem, like with VF. Option Selects are fine in moderation, as long as the OSs dont make things lopsided.

MadeManG74 likes this.
  7. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Option Selects are cool. They've been around forever, so it's whatever at this point. It's always funny to see people put SF IV on blast for having them, then back track when their favorite game has them.

SF IV hate in general is still hilarious to me.

8. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Fixed :D

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  9. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

10. Swank

Swank Member

PSN:
    SwnkButton
    XBL:
    SwankButton
    if they make a new vf, please have the low polygon models and voice acting. also, custom ring sizes like they did in vf2 on the saturn

11. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Sorry to bring this again, I'm a new member myself and I fully concur with Grizzly and Shiny, about this kind of people who never touched a single vf.
    I've met several of them over the last period and I can't thank them enough for saying all this I never thought anyone felt the same as I do.

I should say, what's realy annoying is the not willing to try the game like it is and instead giving the most awful suggestions ever because "I want vf but not like it is"

So why exactly they want the game changed to its very roots ? why wanting a game you don't like?
    I don't know, so far the only crowd I found doing this repeatedly is the doa community, I think they loved the guests(so much that they keep wishing for other vf guests especially aoi and eileen) but won't make the effort to try the game for whatever reasons.

And I'll never understand why there are so many of them who pretend to know or play virtua fighter, the thing is just amazing.

The day VF6 is announced, I guarantee you will suddenly see a lot of people claiming to be longtime vf players and that they absolutely love this game they never tried.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  12. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

^As much as I understand what you mean, I have to say the opposite has been true of the DoA community I've known. The DoA players in my city are the ones who also enter VF tournaments and take the time to try and learn the game. A couple of them are actually quite good at VF now as well.

The absolute worst are people who never play anything non-Capcom and say, without a shred of irony, that VF should be like the April Fool's trailer they released for Final Showdown.

Force_of_Nature and aoi ameindei like this.
  13. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

I realize it sounded like I'm throwing dirt at the doa community, I'm talking about specific people, just saying that I tend to find them in doa, because I still play doa casually.
    Actually I play with a small group that isn't anything like what I described, I even found vf players among them.
    But yeah, in general you see them talking about the game, how it's supposedly very technical or hard to play, that this character is good but this one is not(never giving any reasons as to why).
    It's easy to recognize them, they all hate Akira.

At first I was naive, thinking I could perhaps get to play with them sometimes, when I asked some people for it they always come up with the same lousy excuses.
    At some point I understood that they were only pretending to know the game, it never occured to me that it was possible but it is, and I'm not sure why.

In any case I don't want to offend doa players.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  14. Every time I hear some mouth breather talk about "OOOH VF IS SOO TECHNICAL" as if
    technical actually describes anything at all, I wanna kick their teeth in. buncha dipshits parroting nonsense from gaming journalist sites and shit.

15. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

VF is apparently everybody favorite fighting game that none of them has ever played. ROFL

16. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Put honoka in vf6... DO IT NOWWWW

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  17. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Haha, that's become a bit of a running gag hasn't it?
    "I don't play VF... but I RESPECT it"

18. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Dear god that infuriates me so much when people say that.

I have some buddies that play other fighting games pretty well. But that just refuse to play VF. Whenever we are hanging out and I suggest a few rounds of VF, the response from them is always the same:

"Man, VF? That game is too damn hard. I've got to hit, like, 30 buttons just to do an elbow? Nah, fuck that. I respect all ya'll that can play it. But I ain't playing it."

Then we proceed to play DOA for 2 hours because "the graphics are awesome, the fighting looks awesome, and it's deep man. It's so deep..."

:(

19. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

deep :D

20. GrizzlyTrollton

GrizzlyTrollton Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

EvenPit, Dark Nova Void and ToyDingo like this.