1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Now Satly Tim, please take a very deep breath, look deeply into a mirror say that without raging & breaking it.

Pai~Chun and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  2. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

3. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

4. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    wouldn't prevent Sony or ms from announcing it.

5. MadeManG74

^They did say that they will be working with their partners, so they will have some presence at Sony/MS/PC etc.
    They might actually have some gameplay footage of Warhammer for example.

As for VF, I really think it would be an arcade expo announcement rather than E3, but who knows?

6. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

I've dropped by the main page here at VFDC for the past several years... just hoping that the huge announcement for VF6 would be splashed right on the main page.

I am beginning to lose hope. Like that Robert Redford movie- "All Is Lost," I'm at that later stage where I"m thinking of giving up hope.

7. wingchun_warrior

wingchun_warrior Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Never give up hope there will be a vf6 in the near future as long as we keep playing an show are support it will happen.

8. DepressedHippie

DepressedHippie Active Member

It's been elven years since a fully featured VF game. Eleven! Put it on the list with Shem 3 and Panzer Dragoon as games that just aint ever comin out

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    That is not ture in fact.
    1st public loccation test happen 9 and half years ago (Nov 26th, 2005); and ver A was released less that 9 years ago (Jul 6th, 2006).
    I agree this is long time but spreading lies - or at least false informations - is not the way to argue nor support your points.

10. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I really don't see what's the problem with VF5 being 9 years old when it still looks visually better than the newer Tekken games for instance and arguably plays better too.

aoi ameindei and jimi Claymore like this.
  11. MadeManG74

I don't think it's fair to default back to the last 'numbered' release. It's been five years since the release of Final Showdown, which was a big change from Vanilla 5, I think we can all agree.

It's still a long time, yes, but not unheard of.

Not to mention that Virtua Fighter is still a profitable game for Sega, it's not a huge money sink like Shenmue, and still has a fanbase especailly in Japan.

As far as arcade games go, VF would be like a cash cow for Sega, compared to the giant horse racing sims, card games and other stuff they also put out. It's not Pachi-slot machine money, but it's a bit early to be proclaiming it's dead.

12. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

That VF is still active in Arcades is really overestimated.

13. MadeManG74

Is it struggling? Could that also be that it's relatively old? I understand that FS in general was less popular than the previous ones.

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    The only problem is Sega losing interest and people losing hope, so game losing players
    I am afraid THIS exactly is the rootcause of whole problem: even after 5 years, VF5FS is milking cash. And even after 9,5 years, VF5 engine looks good.
    So Sega do not want to take any risk to lose this "free money dokey" => no VF6 for us, at least untill FS die completely.
    It is fucking stupid logic, but it actually makes sence. Unfortunatelly

jimi Claymore likes this.
  15. MadeManG74

On the topic of the arcades, has Ver. B rolled out nationwide yet?

16. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Not struggling, just that it has made it's time.
    Not too long ago I read somewhere about how pretty much every arcade except the big ones replaced every VF cabinet with newer games.
    And like you said FS has been disregarded by a quite the crowd, talking about replacing cabinets, FS ones didn't stay too long in some arcades.

I think cash cow is a strong word, the only sega game that works in arcades right now are those miku hatsune and anime thingies.

Let's keep some hopes for TGS 2015, I'm sure we will hear a little word at best, it's impossible for Sega not to be there.

17. MadeManG74

Isn't TGS primarily console/mobiles? I would have thought AOU or Jamma or whatever arcade trade shows would be a more likely place.

18. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

That too yes.
    They may not necessarily talk about viruta fighter, but at least they'll be there, and TGS is the place they can't miss even if they have nothing to show.

Last, they just released this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdzYULyIdq8

19. MadeManG74

What is that video? Seems like just a general corporate fart sniff they can show at meeting and to investors or something sadly.

As for TGS, I'm sure they will be there, but it'll probably mostly be Mobile Phone titles and maybe the next Yakuza. I really, really don't expect much from Sega at trade shows anymore.

20. Gear Wolfen

Gear Wolfen Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Gear Wolfen
    And that's sad cuz Sega used to be a mogul in the gaming world. Hello BTW to everyone here. Had to take a hiatus from gaming fell on some hard times but things are getting better.
    Also I got like three jobs and I'm trying to figure out if vf5 is having any local events in ca. In back in SD and I would really like to get some same console bouts in. Ki has gotten me hooked on same console fights been limon that for like two weeks good way to come back