1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter Retrospective

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 8, 2014.

By Myke on Sep 8, 2014 at 9:11 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This is an interesting, and very nostalgic, series produced by 3amGameVids looking back at the Virtua Fighter franchise. While it's primarily focused on the home console ports, it's serves as a great review on the innovations introduced and the boundaries continually pushed by the Virtua Fighter series.

Part 1: VF, VF2

Part 2: Virtua Fighter Spinoffs

Part 3: VF3, VF4

Part 4: Virtua Quest, VF5

Tip: @Sudden_Death

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    G0d3L, Riskbreak, PoisonKid13 and 5 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Sozos
      Sozos
      Thank you so much for this.
    2. Hui_Xiu
      Hui_Xiu
      I forgot how smooth VF1 and 2 were. Amazing how they hold up today.
      Sozos likes this.
    3. NBDanTE
      NBDanTE
      a nice history lesson, great memories :D
    4. GodEater
      GodEater
      There a few errors/omissions and it is too bad that the series is so console oriented but they are kind of neat to watch.

My only real gripe is that it seems like the fellow wrote the script, compiled the video and then narrated over the video in real time. Sometimes he speaks so fast it seems he is rushing it just to make it before the next clip. It can make it hard to listen to.

Still, no taking away from the effort and work put into it.
    5. Myke
      Myke
    6. masterpo
      masterpo
      Myke! This retrospective is totally awesome. Having started with VF4 I was never fortunate enough to see or know the history, mechanics, features of previous versions of VF.

Wow to think that we once had team battle, or the mix with fighting vipers, or stage levels LOL. This retrospective has only served to add to my adoration and reverence for this series, we are indebted to the folks at 3gamevids of produced this series, and thanx Myke for creating this thread for the retrospective. This stuff is FN Historic!

Excellent!
    7. PurpGuy
      PurpGuy
      Commentary often has nothing to do with the accompanying footage, but still a nice nostalgic trip.

Still waiting for Fighters Megamix 2