1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter Text Archive

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Oct 18, 2002.

By Myke on Oct 18, 2002 at 1:34 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Mr. Bungle has worked hard in putting this archive together. Every Virtua Fighter document ever "published", plus tons more, available in one zip file.

<font color="red">Download >> </font color>vf_text_archive.zip - 7.29MB

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Oct 18, 2002.

1. jherb9000
      jherb9000
      when you say ever ...do you mean EVER...EVER...or just from this site? /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    2. GodEater
      GodEater
      at 558 files I would have to say you're getting more than you'd ever expect. Somethings you won't want or "get" but its all VF-related.

A lot of this stuff never appeared on VFDC. Its worth the DL, I think.

GE
    3. jherb9000
      jherb9000
      That download was da bomb /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif it is a must DL
      also saved me alot of post... /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    4. GodEater
      GodEater
      I think I have to apologize for almost a meg in file size. Rich Included a failed attempt by myself to get a small online publication going on the VF series. The two examples in the zip were examples of works in progress so that the other people involved could lend feedback and support.

At no time did it get past those examples. So, if anyone wants to know where the rest of the pages are, now you know. They don't exist.

GE
    5. mindelixir
      mindelixir
      No offense, but that file is huge and I'm sure there are plenty of things that could be cut out. It's also hard to call it just a Virtua Fighter Text Archive, it might be a "VF & People Who Post About Virtua Fighter Text Archive......"

Subject post[it] notes
      Posted by internecine (Unregistered)
      Posted on 01/11/01 07:34 AM
      From IP 206.172.55.226 Ê

'abla? 'abla? Do you like the monkeys?

when does the game end?what is the final defining moment in each step taken not taken?

did you like the monkeys?

blue

green

danger will robinson

will you like the monkeys?

stopbatmanstop

you're welcome
    6. mindelixir
      mindelixir
      Thanks for bringing me back to the good ole days of VF1 however.....
    7. Mr. Bungle
      Mr. Bungle
      > I'm sure there are plenty of things that could be cut out

7.4mb is tiny, even by 56k modem (which i use) standards, for a file that covers as much as this. and this is a two way street - the stuff you enjoy may be seen as useless by other people. so, it's all there.

> it might be a "VF & People Who Post About Virtua Fighter Text Archive......"

that is why there is a directory called "conversation".

glad you liked the vf1 stuff.
    8. GodEater
      GodEater
      Subject post[it] notes
      Posted by internecine (Unregistered)
      Posted on 01/11/01 07:34 AM
      From IP 206.172.55.226 Ê

this is far funnier when its in color.

And as has been stated a million times, VF is more than just raw game data. VF is everything behind it and supporting it. That means the people and their voices belong in that zip; rants and all.

and 7 MB is a far cry smaller than the average VF4 movie and the text archive gives far more back in my opinion. 3 minutes of the same fighters battling it out in much the same fashion as they have in previous videos is somehow less tantilizing than a brick load of text files that--at their least--are entertaining in a sitcom kind of way.

GE
    9. mindelixir
      mindelixir
      Yeah Ok, so it's not huge. This is true, but it seems huge when their are so many "non-hardcore" text files....... I guess I was hoping to see all of the files as FAQs, guides, combos, strats, flowcharts, etc..... Just ignore my random nitpicking....
    10. GodEater
      GodEater
      it is almost an even split. With "hardcore" material winning by about 2 megs. Yay, hardcore.

GE
    11. mindelixir