1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter-themed Mii costumes for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

Discussion in 'News' started by BLACKSTAR, Jun 14, 2015.

By BLACKSTAR on Jun 14, 2015 at 11:37 AM
  1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Are you one of the millions that currently enjoy one of Nintendo's most successful recent games, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS? Well, great news for those that are VF fans as well -- Nintendo is releasing 2 Virtua Fighter-themed Mii Fighter (Brawler type) costumes that you can use for Smash 4. Choose either Jacky, who wears his latest VF5-era Type A costume, or play as Akira, who sports his iconic VF1 player 1 costume.....complete with blocky polygon textures!

Or you can just get both....they are priced at $0.75 USD a piece, or they can be bought in a larger part of a complete set of 8 Mii Fighter costumes; which also includes costumes based on Tekken's Heihachi and Zero from the Megaman X series.

It's good to see the Virtua Fighter brand being introduced to an entirely new generation of players through Smash 4!

virtua.png

CHd-yrAUEAANFPB.jpg

Source:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by BLACKSTAR, Jun 14, 2015.

1. def
      def
      So glad VF is getting recognition, i'm surprised it's in Smash Bros. Haven't seen VF on Nintendo since Virtua Quest on Gamecube. Also glad it's still breathing the series despite no new entry for years but is being shown as part of crossovers with multiple series, Dead or Alive, Project X Zone 1 and 2. And now Smash Bros. Also would have been nice if they added a couple of female VF Mii costumes for those interested.
      Parasite_eveNZ and BLACKSTAR like this.
    2. Parasite_eveNZ
      Parasite_eveNZ
      holy shit this is the best thing ever VF6 CONFIRMED!!
      GrandpaLoafers and def like this.
    3. def
      def
      I'm a bit surprised there are VF Mii costumes in Smash Bros. That and all this talk of Shemnue, also VF being in Dead or Alive and also in Project X Zone 1 and the upcoming sequel, it gives me hope there will eventually be a VF6. Virtua Fighter hasn't had a brand new installment in a long time, it's way overdue.
      Parasite_eveNZ likes this.
    4. nou
      nou
      Is this for real? I guess I'll know for sure in a couple days, but I'm not buying it.

EDIT: read the link >_< Good stuff!
    5. Tricky
      Tricky
      Apparently Sega has some good marketing people on staff. This is really a brilliant idea for promoting the game to players who already like fighting games.
      ShinyBrentford and BLACKSTAR like this.
    6. Star Outlaw
      Star Outlaw
      I wonder how many Smash fans will learn VF even exists because of this? :LOL:

But seriously, this is really good. Smash is much, much more popular than any of the other games VF characters have crossed into so far. We've had:

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing
      Project X Zone 1 and 2
      Dead or Alive 5
      Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
      And now Super Smash Bros. 4

All within about the last five years (and then there was the All Japan Pro Wrestling game long before, and Fighters Megamix). It does seem like Sega is trying harder to get the VF characters more exposure lately.
      Parasite_eveNZ likes this.
    7. wall
      wall
      I'm waiting for a definative version of smash in a year or two, then I'll pick it up.