1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Grand Prix V - VF2 Online Tournament

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Feb 20, 2015.

By Myke on Feb 20, 2015 at 11:03 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    In September 2014, a Japanese VF2 Tournament - Virtua Grand Prix V - was held online on the PS3. Footage from this tournament is available on YouTube and is worth checking out if you have around 45 minutes to kill. For some this may be a trip down memory lane, and others it might shed some new light on how this old game was once played. Either way, when compared to the version we all play today, it shows just how far we've come!

Tournament footage:
    Check out y kudo's YouTube channel for more VF2 footage!

akira-vf2.jpg

Tip: @BLACKSTAR

Jinzer0, nou, El_Twelve and 7 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Feb 20, 2015.

1. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      I actually think VF2 is underrated.
    2. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      yeah sadly no one in na plays vf2 online, only jpn psn is populated
    3. GodEater
      GodEater
      truth. Even on its release for the xbox I was hard pressed to find anyone in NA to play against. My connection to the Japanese wasn't bad, surprisingly and I had many exciting games with Y Kudo and others but even that dried up fast when their own scene re-ignited.

Some good play in that video. Weird to see very bad (in recovery terms) moves being abused successfully though. I guess lag.
      Tumbling Dice likes this.
    4. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      western VF2 is sadly dead...:( Such a great game too...
      GodEater likes this.
    5. GodEater
      GodEater
      yeah, it's the whole reason I can't be arsed to drag out the xbox - what is the point. The only game I'd play would be VF2 (VF3 were it available) but there is no scene at all.

also, so nice to see Tempter4 (lau) go down hard. wotta douche.
    6. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      I want to play VF2!!! Who wants to play!! PS3 or Xbox, doesnt matter!!
      oneida, ToyDingo and GodEater like this.
    7. Parasite_eveNZ
      Parasite_eveNZ
      • I be available later for some vf2 games dude add me on psn Parasite_eveNZ
      BLACKSTAR likes this.
    8. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      We've talked about doing VFLIve on VF2 a couple times if any of you ever want me to try and organize an event.
      Parasite_eveNZ likes this.
    9. Sudden_Death
      Sudden_Death
      the only thing stopping me is paying $40 - 60 for xbl JUST to play 1 game
      Tumbling Dice, GodEater and ToyDingo like this.
    10. oneida
    11. Myke
      Myke
      And people complain that damage in FS is too high :)
    12. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I feel like I should buy this game on PSN and run a $1 tournament at the next Toronto meetup. Most of the players here are new to VF and have no experience with VF2, might be a lot of fun (especially the first time someone jumps).
      GodEater likes this.
    13. GodEater
      GodEater
      If you did, and if there was sufficient interest I would try and get myself and Kbcat out there to teach the specifics of the game. It would be tough but possible.
    14. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      ^Well I won't be here for the next Northern Battles, but after that I might be able to.

Alternatively
      @og23
      @cmase1989

Any interest from you guys in running VF2? Not sure if either of you have on your consoles already.
    15. og23
      og23
      I'd play. Akira is my secondary so I wouldn't have any trouble in the character department, and It'll be interesting to see how the old vf games were like. Have fun finding a character @cmase1989
    16. El_Twelve
      El_Twelve
      Damn that was really exciting. The Akira who won was really really good, but there was some tough competition there.

First fight of Part 4 brought back memories of my Shun getting beat up by Akira players every week. :p
    17. cmase1989
      cmase1989
      I can pick up wolf hes similar ENOUGH to blaze anyways. I know a little bit of Akira and Lau as well, not enough so that I think ill get far but I'd still enter
    18. GodEater
      GodEater
      Are we still talking about VF2? VF2 Wolf is nothing like FS Blaze. :)
    19. cmase1989
      cmase1989
      hahaha shows how much i know about VF2 :(. Either way ill join for fun i havent really played vf2 but whatever.

Having fun...WHILE PLAYING A VIDEOGAME!?
      MadeManG74 likes this.