1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Wrecker 5 Final Showdown

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jan 27, 2013.

By Myke on Jan 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Dora neko akira has put together another fantastic video that showcases attacks against Oten-Ukemi (Side-Roll Recovery) that can lead into very damaging combos! For anyone wanting to sharpen up their Ukemi-zeme game, you don't want to miss this!

I highly recommend you subscribe to dora neko akira's youtube channel - it's definitely worth keeping an eye on!

academi-ya, Berzerk, Genesis and 9 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Tricky
      Tricky
      Thanks for translation
    2. Myke
      Myke
      Just want to emphasise something in case it isn't clear:

The attack against a Side-Roll Recovering opponent isn't guaranteed to "hit", it's only guaranteed to "connect" which means it cannot be evaded. So the result will either be a hit or guard. If you're lucky enough to get the hit, and with the right timing during the last 3 frames of recovery, then you get a crouching side hit since they recover crouching at the end of the side-roll rec. For most characters, a [3][K] against a crouching opponent gives +8, so add another +3 for the side-hit and that gives +11 frames advantage. For most characters, this +11f guarantees a [P] or [2][P] that cannot be guarded, evaded, or avoided by other means. And it's this side hitting [P] or [2][P] that you're seeing induce a wall stagger which then leads onto a wall combo.

The video is obviously showing you "set plays" that represent best case scenarios where the opponent is always getting hit after the Side-Roll Recovery.

And you gotta admit, it feels great when it all comes together! :)
      phanatik, VFnumbers and nou like this.
    3. El_Twelve
      El_Twelve
      I noticed he evades to the side before hitting some of those mid kicks. Tried it in dojo and it seems some mid kicks(eg. El Blaze's 3 [K] ) only connect if you evade in the same direction as the tech roll before executing it.
    4. Chibitox
      Chibitox
      Also note that in some scenarios (ex Goh) the opponent rolls toward the wall which allows for the 1K wall hit, which is not going to happen often in real play I guess.
    5. SDS_Overfiend1
      SDS_Overfiend1
      Nice... But these scenerios are "Perfect case"
      Tricky likes this.
    6. Tricky
      Tricky
      I'm trying to see if I can make some sideturn plus on block stuff from this. You just gave me the idea . . . .
    7. academi-ya
      academi-ya
      Dear Myke, and everyone

Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to demonstrate our movie.
      It is my sincere hope that you are completely satisfied with our studies, and will avail yourself of our expertise again in the future.
      We are always interested in suggestions that would allow us to improve upon our verification, and encourage you to give us your thoughts and comments.
      We would like to present additional our previous related 2 movies.

We wish make a commentary on the above movies and/or basic strategy in english.

with best regard.
    8. SDS_Overfiend1
      SDS_Overfiend1
      Oh for sure but I dont think st wil lregister on guard without om but its worth a try. The combos are real though.
    9. Lucky_GT
      Lucky_GT
      ^You can use these setups to get meaty sideturned stuff on guard. I've been doing this with Pai, Lion and Eileen for awhile now (Jean doesn't really have useful meaty sideturned stuff).

A common setup I've seen Eileen players use is after 4PPK punishment do meaty 236P. It sometimes hits sideturned. Also after combos ending in 214PPP, 3K will also hit sideturned.
    10. Tricky
      Tricky
      meaty 236P works after all her sweeps, any of her 236KKK combos, after a lot of her 1PK enders to combos. It's everywhere! I've gotten up to +6 on block with it so far.
    11. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      Gotta a question though. whats the command for the sidestep to get the mid kick to work? I sidestep but dont get the kick in time. Do you have to cancel the step?
    12. Myke
      Myke
      It depends on the setup, and the attacks you're using. In some cases just an OM will do, in other cases you Evade Dash Cancel ([2][6][6]), and always in the direction of the side-roll.

Practice in dojo mode until you get a feel for the timing.
    13. SDS_Overfiend1
      SDS_Overfiend1
      I use this kinda tech in vanilla involving om [P] on opponents who tech roll after falling face down head towards opponent. That side stagger in vanilla was lethal
    14. Tricky
      Tricky
      I've gotten it to work regardless of the direction of the tech roll. At least with eileen's Sideturn hit 3PP she only needs to pay attention to which side the opponent's side was and make sure to OM to that same side. They could tech roll either direction they want, but the OM needs to be to the correct side or you wont' get the sideturn.
    15. academi-ya
      academi-ya
      Dear Myke, and everyone

We would like to demonstrate combinations based on a new strategy, Guaranteed Side Crumple on Side-roll Recovery.

with best regard.
      FakeSypha and Myke like this.
    16. FakeSypha
      FakeSypha
      Nice. This is something a little advanced for me, but looks quite handy to have. @1:30 of the last vid; is that an evade dash cancel before Vane connects that 66K+G?