1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VS 2p using PHASE TURN/OM P at +2

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Mackfactor, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    -note cannot crouch fuzzy at -6 to block 2p.
    PHASE turn tested on blocked elbow into Phase turn to dodge 2p. I had different outcome with 4k.. but i didnt bother to do it. Tested up close, things change when ur further away(probably)

AK=ANY STANCE=stomach ======= om=stomach
    AOI=ANY STANCE=BACK ========= om=BACK
    BRAD=ANY=STOMACH ============ om=stomach
    EI=NONE ===============OM= cl/stomach,OP/any
    EL=NONE ================OM= OP/back
    GOH=ANY=stomach======= OM=stomach
    JA=ANY=stomach =========OM=cl/stomach, OP/any
    JEF=CL/ANY,op/stomach========OM=any
    KAGE=CL/stomach,OP/NONE======OM=cl/stomach, OP/ANY
    LAU=NONE =============OM=BACK
    LEI=BACK ==============OM=back
    LION=NONE================OM=CL/stomach,OP/ANY
    PAI=BACK =================OM=back
    SA=CL/back < off 4k, cl or op=back
    ===========OM ANY
    SHUN=NONE =============OM=back
    VA=CL/any, OP/NONE =========OM=cl/stomach, open/any
    WO=ANY ======OM = ANY <WOOT!>

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    What about when Wolf 0 frames you? btw, you can low throw brad when he ducks.

3. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    these are just options to consider ( :

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Err huh? Whats this mean?

Also a reminder, Brads duckings (or phasing turn) beats throws when done from disadv but doesnt beat attacks.

edit: also, I don't know how to read that chart.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    What I think he meant to say was that if you try to crouch dash fuzzy guard at -6, you'll get hit by a [2][P]. This was first brought to my attention by akiralove many years ago. Try it out for yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">edit: also, I don't know how to read that chart. </div></div>
    Same here. Say Crackfactor, want to try posting that chart again when you're not high? [​IMG]

6. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    the first portion is PT...when i did ============ that's OM.

first portion is PHASE TURN. i wrote the stances. if it says any.. than open or clo=any... when i did ================ thats the OM PORTION. i didnt wanna do 2 threads.

I rushed it, my bad.

7. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Aren't you testing [6][P] (guard) [8] or [2] against opponent's [2][P], and checking the stance/PT direction? This is something I did on the Brad wiki showing PT against opponent's mid attack.

If so, then I don't get why you've got OM in there at all?

Maybe it would help if you interpreted in plain words one of your results, such as:

AK=ANY STANCE=stomach ======= om=stomach

Then we'll probably be able to figure out the rest.

8. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    I know mid one is already done, so i use that link and i remember it, vs mids, i was curious about 2p cus i have seen vids where it goes through 2p so i thought i test it out.

the OM was kinda off topic. I just jotted alot of notes and wanted to share what i tested thats all.

9. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Who the hell wrote that chart Pootie Tang?

Im Lost.

10. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Okay, let's examine it step by step. [​IMG]

AK=ANY STANCE=stomach

This means that from either foot position after a guarded [6][P], you can use PT towards Akira's stomach to avoid the opponent's [2][P].

======= om=stomach

After Akira guards your [6][P], you can use OM towards his stomach to avoid his [2][P]. The foot position wasn't specified. Maybe it works from both foot positions.

The only question I have is concerning why your opponent would want to use [2][P] after guarding Brad's elbow. Maybe they'll attempt it if you delay the canned [K] too often.

EDIT: Another question about the title. What does "+2" have to do with this?

11. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    So you're saying you did a second test by trying to OM after a guarded elbow? OMing during disadvantage is very risky!

12. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    nono at plus +2
    P guarded OM.

If i didnt specify than it means any libertine.like ex, lei, i just said back, because op/cl it both work. Sorry im not good at doing charts

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Mack, it's all good man. I applaud your efforts! The only thing missing was the setup regarding the OM part. That's what confused it all for me.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    If phase turn and OM in that chart don't have any relation to each other, why not simply create two lists, one for PT and one for OM instead of trying to squeeze both into one and spend much more effort trying to explain it to people?

)

15. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    He's already stated that he didn't want to create two threads, and admitted that he's not good at doing charts. Why continue to ask?

Anyways, I've taken Mack's PT chart and added it to Brad's strategy wiki page, under the section of Phasing Turn - Beating Low Punch, with some of my own analysis.

The OM chart has also been added to Brad's Strategy wiki page under the section of Advantage.

Mack, thanks once again for testing these out, and if there are any corrections just let me know.

16. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Btw, Mack. I checked OM at +4 and +2 with jacky and got the same results at either advantage. Tested +2 with Wolf and had the same as well so I reckon it's probably the same, if not incredibly similar, across the entire cast.

My Jacky stuff is in this thread.

17. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    ooh nice chart u did Myke
    ( :
    thnks
    ( :

18. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    i was reading about the overlap section in the WIKI on PHASE TURN.

i duno if u wanna add this but. besides AOI,LEI,SA (any to the back), WOLF always to stomach....

I see also an overlap with this:
    BRAD OPEN: FRONT
    JACKY CLOSED: FRONT
    JEFF CLOSED: BACK
    PAI OPEN: BACK
    VA CLOSED: BACK

still alot to remember, i actually like that they rmv this in FS didnt they?

19. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Mack, I don't think I will add that since your findings are all stance specific. The purpose of the small "overlap" table was to provide a simple summary that's (hopefully) easy to remember and apply in game.

And you're right, Phasing Turn no longer exists in FS.

20. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    i was thinking PH T can be also useful for moves that cannot be hitchecked into "stance entry" or at least hard to.

like 4P SL/SR into PH ( u have a lil more time watching the recovery of the SL/SR to then PH T)

4k if ur not sure. but 4k, sl p / sl r beats alot of options even on block.

6p Sl,SR. While ur anticipating crouch stag, or if you dont get the stag and get the 6p blocked then u can watch the recovery of the SL/SR and PH T after. PH T u can kinda do it slow neways.