1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

way to win easy with shun.MOST OF THE TIME!

Discussion in 'Shun' started by drank2much_Shun, Jul 23, 2003.

1. way to win easy with shun.MOST OF THE TIME!

for all you shun players that like me have trouble with jacky's,akira's and lau's.I have a little trick.heres what you do at the start of the match knock your opponent down.Then dash backwardes as many time as you can.Then when they stand up they'll try to run and attack you right when there nice and within punching range do the[8][PKG] thing. IF sucsesful repeat method.If blocked do the[8][PKG] in the same direction two more times then in the opposite direction.This should confuse your opponent causing the last one to hit. If so repeat method one.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: way to win easy with shun.MOST OF THE TIME!

Hi drank2much_shun. In future, could you please post in the correct board? I guess your technique could go into the Character and Technique training board, or the Console board, since it only applies to playing VF at home against the CPU, and an easy one at that.

In general, playing against good opponents and trying to backdash many times then dodge attacks when they approach will get your killed in no time. If you're playing Evo, then try this in Quest and see how far it gets you (or doesn't get you).

3. Re: way to win easy with shun.MOST OF THE TIME!

well i'm not sure about evo but I have a level three shun and I use this in kumite on all the hard characters.and it works almost every time I had a level five shun but my data got curruped. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

"well i'm not sure about evo"

Just wait a couple weeks, and then try it in Evo's quest mode (the replacement for Kumite mode).

The AI is alot harder, if search you will find several topics about the AI being difficult.

Also, click on this link http://virtuafighter.com/vf4/shun/ /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

That's cool but you're missing the big picture. Using cheap tactics against the cpu in kumite is only going to give you bad habits when playing against human opponents. But then again if you're more interested on getting items and rankings than improving your game then go ahead, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. But don't be surprised if one day you meet a guy with a 3rd Dan Lau with way more losses than you but somehow someway just rapes you with your High King Shun. But if competing is the last thing on your mind then fuck it, do whatever you want, I have nothing against it. We all play the game for different reasons.

6. Event_Horizon

Event_Horizon Well-Known Member

Yea, Kumite mode lead me to some bad habits in vs play. For over a year I had no human competition /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif But after a fight or two, you can adapt pretty easily. I envy those who have a master or a lot of people to play with

7. Re: way to win easy with shun.MOST OF THE TIME!

Well realy I am not all for one on cheeting either.But if it comes to it when fighting jacky's,akira's and lau's during a ranking match I usualy end up using this but I try not to I just thought I would share it.Just incase thats what it comes to