1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What Have You Learned? / How Have You Progressed?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by JHow77, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Re: What Have You Learned? / How Have You Progress

Wait, no... which version pleases you oh great one?

11441144 = good or suck?

plz let me know!!!

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug

So what is right and what is wrong
    Gimme a sign
    Oh, I don't know, what can I do
    What else can I say, it's up to you.

3. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Hmm I guess you still aren't done, yet.

What about now?

4. Happy_Friend

Seriously, I think I have just been stating the obvious here, though maybe in a wise-ass fashion. I don't get the bitchy attitude from Slide and Kaminari Overfiend, but I guess that is their MO.

5. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk

I've learned that VF will never die.

6. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

It is your hypocrisy for playing style. As been said before, you play in the exact way, of the style you complain about.

So I just figured you were trolling, so I posted to neutralize bait.

Also, I figured all of us were long past complaining about the way others play. We've all been guilty of that, but I figured we all moved forward.

7. Happy_Friend

In this post I didn't call anyone out specifically. I don't perceive myself as being a disciple of the 1144 turtle school. I think I would rather be close or mid-range most of the time and I would generally rather attack than bait someone else into attacking. We have played so few times over the years that I don't think you have much authority on the subject.

It is probably pointless to gripe about playing styles, but not any more pointless than most of what gets posted so who cares? It is silly for you and your little Ed McMahon, SDS Overfluffer to act all aggrieved for whatever reason. woot

8. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

I'm not aggrieved at all, but I am slightly aggravated that you resorting to name calling.

My point is that you keep coming off as if you're holier than thou, not just in your perceived VF playing, but in various subject matter when it comes to the game. You be posting like, you're above the very things you participate in. It's like you're still stuck in 2007 though, with the same complaints and everything.

My own posts are coming off real detached, right now, only because I don't even want to give you anything to work with to twist around.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to just stop, cause I'm actually wondering why I even posted my first response to you, anyway, knowing good and well it was going to end up like this.

Bye.

9. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

Sometimes your much better off getting in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X7I_lxtRbA

Shun without any alcohol in his system keeps him fairly weak. Myke did a good job of keeping Shun off the bottle. I loled when he did his patented anti-Shun TFT combo when dude had no DP.

Sometimes your much better off running away. I remember Shang getting in my ass cause I would chase him to the edge of the ring and get tossed out numerous ways.

1. Giant Swing
    2. Replace Throw
    3. Suplex

So thats 3 completely different throw directions you have to worry about, and if you escape the suplex (33p+g?) you can still get rang out because you flip over him. Thats just the throw game though, he still has dmpk and stuff.

We can't really complain about the sky being blue. I think I can say is the last game I expect people to complain about as far as overall footsies go.

10. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Wow you tossing names around again.. I like that Name.. like i said. Im bugging out because ou talk about this before know you do the same shit but you only looking to get responses to see if people agree with it. You can call me all the names you want over the internet it don't mean much. Your just the pot calling the kettle black. Have a Nice day.

11. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
  12. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

Really 4 years into the game and I can't believe people still complain about how others plays. The only time I would accept a complaint about someone's style is if there is SEVERE lag and even then it's a grey line because at this point we all should know who we can connect with so if your playing someone with lag then you shouldn't be complaining.

Coming from someone(me) who used to complain a lot about Shun I can honestly say I'm over how anyone chooses to play this game at this point.

It's in the game... FUCKING DEAL WITH IT! Oh you can't? Then.....

A) Quit
    B) Use the energy your mustering up to complain with on figuring out your opponent.
    C) Fire up that training mode and learn about the character that's busting your ass.
    D) Still can't win... See A!

And no offense Happy, but for the record you play no different than the people you are complaining about. Justifying it with " I think I would rather be close or mid-range most of the time and I would generally rather attack than bait someone else into attacking. " fluff and pretty lame.

We all turtle from time to time. I know I do!

13. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

Still back crouch dashing a lot? [​IMG]

BTW, crouch dash back, crouch dash forward throw...patented Rodney hahaha

Agree with your post Rodney. I played some people who have a lag style....forget explaining it to them. People are just hard nosed, they want to play...they don't care if offline they would lose, cause it's online only for them.

I played Action Kung Fu this year for the first time. Nice Jacky and a very playable connection. Good to play someone who understands VF principals. [​IMG]

14. SDS_Overfiend1

IF someone can turtle on you in VF then you trash lol!!! Turtling in VF equates to good defense to me in some case considering who the person im playing is. How else can you explain in a game where you have to hold a button to block,face throws and mix ups along with guard crush be affected by someone turtling? Open that offense up and stop running through flow charts.

15. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

I'm confused, were you calling Rodney's opponents trash for admitting that he turtles to them?

I think turtling is stronger for certain characters than others and it depends on the both on the character and player style matchup. A good defense beats a good offense and if turtling is a form of defense for you, I can see how it can be a strength.

16. SDS_Overfiend1

No im not call Rodney trash. Im calling the person trash who cannot break a turtler's defense. There are to many options to no be able to break a Defense especially when certain characters have guard breaks.

17. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

Beat 44 11 with 66 3K!

Or something.

18. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

[​IMG]

19. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77

If anyone is looking for the best practice against turtling than look no further than addy! I've never seen ANYONE play this game like him. 90% of his matches consist of walking backwards. Every time I play him I'm motivated to kick his ass because of this, and then do, but end up not being able to play more than five games because it's absolute brain damage! Not to mention I don't need to develop anti walk-away bad habits, especially since no one plays this way. So many of my matches consist of simply trying to poke him while he's walking backwards. Every time I connect with anything I'm like, too bad I hit you!! =D

20. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug

I see your AddyPaddy and raise you a BDoubleBlade: backwalk AND slide shuffle [​IMG]