1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who gives you the most trouble?

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Truesonic2k, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

Hey just wanting to know what characters usually give fellow Jeff players grief. (Also to get some life in the Jeff forum) For me usually skilled Pai, Jacky and Wolf players always give me hard times.

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Pai is a pain for me too, though it's a pain for Pai players too since Jeff can score sick damage with all combos and then there's those exact recovery only "combos" out of df+P,P and MC b+K to make it even better against Pais not able to consistently avoid those.
    It's just a pain to try forcing damage on Pai with Jeff.

Aoi is hard for me no matter who I play but it's almost hardest with Jeff. Same reason as above. She takes damage like a little baby too though should you get her in a juggle.
    I just suck against Aoi.

3. smb

smb Well-Known Member

I don't use jeff, but want to help breath some life into this thread as well (always nice to see activity in your little nook of the dojo).

How do you guys feel about playing against lei fei (my charactar)? I ask b/c i find jeff a pretty easy match up. the main thing is to make him get impatient and go for an illogical high damage move when he shouldnt, block, then go for guaranteed throws. Also i do real well with evade and 33pp+kPg to float into high damage combos.

doesn't hurt that there aren't hardly any quality jeffs out there. yeah there are some middle of the road: zues something, n a couple others....played you once true sonic, either as wasted wish or SMB is me, but don't remember where you were at skill wise (i think i won, but maybe not, its been so long).

4. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

I generally feel more relaxed against Lei Fei than most other characters. I suspect this is because I evade so much, and typically, a lot of Lei Fei's moves are linear. SMB - I know we've talked about this already, and against good players like yourself, you'll take steps to mitigate this. Even so, most of the Lei Fei's I've played against online when using Jeffry, I can just let them PPP, then evade, 6K, 50% damage combo. Follow that up with some oki and the round is nearly over. If you can get Lei to start turtling up or playing defensively, I find that he becomes much weaker, as you are able to take away his bewildering stance options.

JEffry's also got an excellent weapon against Lei Fei in his headbutt - it cannot be Sabaki'd or reversed, and it can be demoralizing to get hit with it more than once. EVen after the first successful use of it against an opponent expecting a free reversal from their Doku stance (did I get that right?), they become much more hesitant, and in my experience, that's the key to defeating Lei.

Anyone else's thoughts?

5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

no one ever expects the headbutt!

6. smb

smb Well-Known Member

lol, no one has ever hit me with the headbutt.....deathsushi, get up to 10th dan with your brad, switch to jeff and play me ranked matches, hehe, i'll give you a one headubtt "head"start (sorry couldn't resist) then we'll play it out.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif smb<-----needs ranking points so he doesn't demote /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

7. PompousKristina

PompousKristina Well-Known Member

Akira and Aoi. 'Nuff said.

8. Truesonic2k

When I play against Lei its usually a mixed bag for me. Sometimes it pays to be more on the attack then to let him get into his weird stances. If I play a more defensive style I find myself at a disadvantage whenever I try to attack. PPP spamming Lei's are dead easy to me now, after the third punch low punch him out of anything he tries next then dish out knees and headbutts.

9. smb

smb Well-Known Member

if they go 1 p+k+g they can spin down into the reverse nehan stance that will avoid the knee.

10. Truesonic2k

Yeah but generally PPP spamming Lei's don't know that. Most high level Lei's I can hardly hit with the knee.

11. KtotheG

KtotheG Well-Known Member

lei is one of the easier matchups

i find kage and brad to be the hardest ones to defeat with jeff

12. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I think Jeffry vs Brad is a funny match-up both ways.

Brad's got better pokes and setups for throw and he can deal a good amount of damage even on Jeff with juggles. Also, good use of his slippings is IMO harder for Jeff to interrupt than most so rightly implemented he can really put Jeff on his toes about doing anything.

On the other hand Jeff has his usual high damage combos, his throws do better damage, his delay games vs fuzzy and evade are more effective and it's always funny to d,f+P+K+G low throw Brad out of slippings and duckings for free if they start using them carelessly in stupid places /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

13. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Akira and Vanessa.

14. CarolinaPanther

CarolinaPanther Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Nomas_Tomas
    Right now, it's Shun (decent or otherwise) and Kages -_-

15. biggz316

biggz316 Well-Known Member

Lion...he is freaking annoying!

16. MuayThaiFighter

MuayThaiFighter Well-Known Member

Well i play with Brad, i gotta say the girls are the hardest (i don't know why) but the hardest would have to be Pai Aoi and Venessa, god there annoying im serious

17. HotD

HotD Well-Known Member

Shun, Vanessa, Lion and lately Kage.

18. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Kage, of all the characters in VF he always gave me the hardest time even before I was offline for as long as I was. He gets on my last nerve far too much.

19. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Sarah.

20. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    Kage, Eileen, Akira , Pai & Lei

although saying that most characters when played well /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif