1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's you best character?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Slayer, Aug 24, 2002.

1. paulosowski

paulosowski Active Member

My best character is Lei Fei, and his ring name is Hidden Dragon. This name is to long, so I have written it in polish - Ukryty Smok. My second character is Akira - Neijia Fury.In VF4, I played also Vanessa -SpecOps.

2. Re: Who's your best character?

Mine would have to be Lei Fei.
    While I happen to be limited to only one human opponent (a Goh/Akira/Aoi player) of mid to high dan in skill who can win almost even with my second string guys Brad & Shun (at least until I get 8+ drinks),

he has the devil's own time trying to win *rounds* against my monk. Half the time he can't tell if I'm going high or low on him, and he ends up eating attacks.

And Lei's auto-counter is especially useful aginst Akira, what with all of his punch and elbow combos.

legumelad likes this.
  3. Katana0103

Katana0103 Member

Re: Who's your best character?

My first Character was Goh I have an average from 345 wins and 52 loses. In the moment is my title :"Hunter"
    And my second character is Lau at the 3rd Dan.

legumelad likes this.
  4. akira_lee

akira_lee Active Member

my best character:
    [​IMG]

5. Warm

Warm Member

I don't know that I'm particularly good with anybody but I have around a 70% winning percentage with akira at the wmac in quest mode on standard. In terms of quest rankings, a lot of it's meaningless because I did the later titles at beginner for the characters that I don't use but I have champion akira, lau, kage and jacky and everybody else is hunter to protector

legumelad likes this.
  6. akira_lee

akira_lee Active Member

true. the ranking means nothing. i personally like "hero", it just sounds cool /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif. but most characters that i got up to champion, it was only to get the items, and body color

legumelad likes this.
  7. Re: Who's your best character?

Aoi
    Name:Fatal Fury
    5th Dan

legumelad likes this.
  8. wasted

wasted Well-Known Member

Here are a list of the way I play the characters,
    mind you this is divided up the WAY I know and play them:

My best I know him like the back of my hand Tier:
    -Shun

My top runners up destroyers Tier:
    -Lau
    -Wolf
    -Jeffry
    -Sarah

Get around well with them, I could get better Mid Tier:
    -Brad
    -Akira
    -Pai
    -Jacky
    -Kage

I wish would know them better, but I like them still Tier:
    -Lion
    -Aoi
    -Lei Fei
    -Vanessa

I almost have no clue how to play him well Tier:
    -Goh

9. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---

My best is Shun, by far. I know him inside out, and I love that drunken old man <3 Next, I'm told, is my Akira, and I can do just about everything with him consistently minus the Knee and m-dblplm. I'm working on the latter though... I play strictly with the pad, but I think I may have to go and learn how to use a stick. Never really used them before in my life (they make my arm sore and my wrist hurt, i must be using them wrong).

Of the other characters, I am very proud of my Kagay, Sarah, Lau, Pai, and Vanessa (DS mostly, though I'm trying to work on my OS more). My Goh, Lei-Fei, Aoi, Wolf, Jeffrey, Jacky, and Lion are all pretty decent. I know enough about Brad to defend against his stuff, and played as him once, but I forgot just about everything I learned ^^

The list may change with VF5, but probably not much. I'm guessing it may look: Shun, Akira, Vanessa, Goh, Kagay, Lau, El Blaze, Pai, Sarah, Jacky, Eileen, Wolf, Lion, Lei-Fei (wow), Aoi, Jeffrey, and Brad? I won't know till I play it of course. Can't wait ;o;

10. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

My best character is Brad, I named him Ong-Bak and my second best is Shun I named him Al Koholik.

11. Veritas

Veritas New Member

1. Shun
    2. Wolf
    3. Lei Fei
    4. Lau
    5. Goh

12. Czar

Czar New Member

My best character is Jacky.
    Ring name: Bogard
    Wins: 547
    Losses: 13
    Ratio: 97.7%
    Items: 64
    1p: Gold
    2p: Gold

legumelad likes this.
  13. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

I just dont get it! My best character is Akira
    2089 wins
    808 losses
    Ring name 7-11 Coffee
    win % 71
    Whats the deal, are you guys playing on beginner or what. And dont lie. First 3 or 4 fights I kill the CPU. After that the computer turtles, and waits for my inputs before every move. When I do k then guard to cancell,
    the computer low punches almost every time. Its not possible to have such a high win percentage in quest mode, it just wont allow. Ive had it up to 92% until that finall arcade. Anyway, big difference from Standard and Beginner.

14. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

It is possible haha. Just use AI patterns such as pk, delay, pk, delay etc.

15. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

What up Jerky? I do that sometimes because they keep dodging. But after a couple times, they low punch. I like using [6][4][P+G] [P+K] [P][K] and whatever I feel like after that you know, SPOD, just-frame knee, any pop up. Doesnt seem to work on Sarah tho' .

16. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Jeffry (only use 1p costume)
    Name: SeBastard
    "Roman" Shoulder and Leg pads (Need one more orb for the Helmet, but I can't find it)
    Taxi Driver Style mohawk
    Yellow Cord, Red Gloves and Foot Pads, stock pants
    Wins: 1245
    Loses: 51
    Ratio: 95-96 something

legumelad likes this.
  17. LeiFeiShaolin

LeiFeiShaolin New Member

When I first started playing, Lei Fei. Unsure what rank I ended up, but I was 955-31. ~95%

Then I gave it up for a year or so...now I'm trying out Sarah, Lion and Lao, with the edge going to Sarah; think I'll stick with her.

18. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

SmurFu Akira

Ratio 36.8 % 1146/ 1968

10th Dan /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

19. RaH

RaH Member

Character: Lei Fei
    Name: RaH
    Win/Loss: 485/15
    (thinking of losing 85 more for black)

I used to use Lei on VF4, quit playing that awhile ago, just got Evo and started playing again. I just wish I had somebody to play against other than the CPU... anyway, I'm going to start playing Akira tonight after work, I'm also seriously considering getting the VF4:Evo Joystick, I've never played with one before.

legumelad likes this.
  20. Megaten

Megaten Member

1. Pai
    2. Lion
    3. Lau
    4. Vanessa
    5. Wolf

legumelad likes this.