1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Why Do You Like Jumonji Stance?

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Crossbow, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Crossbow

Crossbow Member

Hi. I new to Virtua Fighter 5, and I love it! I've played a little of 2 and 4 and I have always played with Kage.
    I need some help. I feel dangerous in the new stance (sorry I cant remember), but handicapped in jumonji stance. Attacks from the stance seem to lack range. How and when should I enter into Jumonji? What attacks do you like from it? Thanks.

2. Newborn

Newborn New Member

Well, personally i think of the jumonji stance as somthn to do when your on the defensive or when you have great frame advantage due to the options you have from it. But use it rarely....I guess it really depends on the character your up against... But shippudin stance all the way, I personaly thinks its a lil broken, but compared to leifei stances i think its just fine

3. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (CH) > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif~/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif~/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif~/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif Is one of the most satisfying things I could think of doing with Kage. So I like the Juumonji stance lol. As the Wiki mentions, it's great at mid range on a few characters too. Catching people with the P counter from it at that distance is rather fun and rewarding too lol.

4. AceInTheHole

AceInTheHole Member

I know I'll go into Jumonji a lot out of 4p and 6p if I'm fighting Brad or LeiFei, since they can come at you quick after recovery with high and mid punches, so it helps to slow their game down a bit and make my opponent second guess their moves. If they don't recover with a high or mid punch right away, I simply roll to the side to avoid throws and kicks.

5. WILFACTS

WILFACTS Member

I like Jumonji /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif the best

When someone is down, make yourself facing back and do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif(and hold it) jumping back and get into Jumonji Stance and do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to grab their waking up mid attack, delicious.....
    (This will work against some good players, just make sure you don't repeat this too frequently)

Some random examples from my previous fights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AafCfo3xN0w
    at 2:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eAa8SNo9wk
    at 1:30

6. Crossbow

Crossbow Member

I know jumonji stance is suppose to be the defensive stance, but I think its offense is really good too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (awesome when counter hits) and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif make a pretty solid offense. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif catches some opponents if you delay it. I also like to use the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif on defensive players since it staggers on block.
    After the punch counter (under the legs one) I like to use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. I think it pretty guaranteed to hit. Oh, and WILFACTS I tried out what you said and it works pretty well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I also dont like Jumonji, Shippu has everything needed.

8. combo2008

combo2008 Well-Known Member

i like jumonji stance cause it suprises some people and you can use sometimes to throw people off. good point crossbow and i need to try that wilfacts, but that FFK after a midkick reversal is deadly.

9. Crossbow

Crossbow Member

Speaking of the Mid Kick Reversal, another simple way to set it up is to throw the opponent with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. All those throws land your opponent sideways/backwards. Use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(hold) to get into Jumonji after.

10. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    you can do it after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif too

11. The_Shunjinkogh

The_Shunjinkogh Well-Known Member

The Jumonji stance has lots of tricks to it. I always use it to confuse my enemies, but not too much. It has my favorite move: The Cool Flip move.