1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Why'd you choose your main character?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pinokkio, Aug 5, 2005.

1. EfreeteG

EfreeteG Well-Known Member

I have chosen Kage Maru cause i am fond of japan culture and especially ninjutsu tradition. I played on arcade only once it was back in those days when i had my rest in spain. Heh choose Kage and just distanced all cpu's with mid kick and some punches. NOw i know that it was VF4 EVO:))).

p.s Thanks 4 that topic

Kage:Waga michi ni makenadonai"

beanboy likes this.
  2. Venussail

Venussail Active Member

I originally used Sarah, but found that her high risk/high reward style and somewhat slower speed didn't really fit me. I then moved over to Pai, who suited my style quite well. I love the flowiness of her moves and the speed in which she can execute them. She also has great customization options and throws to boot. For a secondary character, I plan on picking up Aoi. Her fighting style intrigues me.

beanboy likes this.
  3. 124

124 Well-Known Member

Nice pick.

beanboy likes this.
  4. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

Picked Lau first because I knew he's the chara to learn the game with. Everything he does is direct.

He looks like he stepped off a kung fu movie set, which is cool. But his backstory really stinks. I ignore Sega's story for him completely. So no, I never put the "cook" items on him. Yuck.

Then I started playing Goh because (1)I like underdogs who are hard to win with at first, and (2)he has a small movelist and his moves also look pretty direct and normal.

In fact, I have mixed feelings about his animations revamp in 5FS. Sure, the new animations exude so much personality. But I feel like we just lost a character in the exchange, as well.

I guess this is Goh coming out of his shell and saying "F--- this, I'm not going to stick to my orthodox training anymore." But his gameplay may be at odds with his new "uninhibited" animations. Anyone who tries to play "wild" using Goh will just die.

5. CodyHunter07

CodyHunter07 Well-Known Member

**Thread bump**

legumelad and beanboy like this.
  6. Satsugai

Satsugai Well-Known Member

Goh and Lei Fei are my mains. I suppose I like how drastically different their fighting styles are. Really helps with the head games when you go from someone who punishes you for your mistakes to someone who just punishes you for being in the same ring as them.
    I love how angry I can get my Tekken/combo obsessed friends when I play Lei and there's nothing they can do to stop the impending onslaught.

beanboy likes this.
  7. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Eileen chose me thats the truth.
    I like her PKG specials' variations too. Weak sabaki but very evasive moves imo

beanboy and Tricky like this.
  8. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Quoted for truth. She gets what she damn well wants that's for sure.

beanboy likes this.
  9. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Lol yes she does

beanboy likes this.
  10. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

:eek: I first picked Sarah, because shes a cutey.:whistle::rolleyes:
    Vanessa is my other main character too.

:ROTFL: