1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Win Streak - My first coding project dedicated to VFDC & VF5FS

Discussion in 'General' started by Rodnutz, Jul 29, 2015.

?

Will you use Win Streak?

1. Yes I will use it.

2. Maybe... When it gets better?

3. No I don't plan to use it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Removed the ' Save Results ' button and made save functionality automated. So long as 1 game has been played it will auto save to your stats page.

Found a random bugs that auto saves info when it shouldn't. I'll look at it tomorrow.... tired and haven't eaten anything all day.

To avoid it on mobile don't leave the name field blank if you plan to check your stats page without playing a few games. For example select name field, leave it without entering info check stats. NO BUENO! :cry: For any desktop users it's a little different. Select name field, change info, but you don't click out of the console or play a game but go right to the stats page. NO BUENO! :mad:

Anyway I think automating the save functionality makes this even better. Thanks @KoD for the suggestion.

2. noname

noname Member

Welcome to JavaScript Events Hell!! :D

Rodnutz likes this.
  3. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Bug squashed! Thanks Gianni! @noname

4. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I used it yesterday now the score appear, all i dreamt about... ty rod

Rodnutz likes this.
  5. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I used it too during our set..:D

Rodnutz likes this.
  6. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    me too =)

Rodnutz likes this.
  7. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Was the win/loss % ratio feature removed? Can't seem to find it when recording wins.

8. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Yes it was @Kamais_Ookin. Due to feedback individuals felt it wasn't necessary so I went with just total wins / losses. I'm redesigning everything at the moment and may put it back on the stats if I can fit the information in without breaking things to much. I already have an idea of how I want to do it, but I have to learn how to implement it first.

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  9. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    New stats page! Update coming soon with some modifications to the UI.

I think this might be the last one before I move on to another project. I know something like this came very late into FS' life line but I hope everyone enjoyed it for what it's worth.

[​IMG]

Craigbot and Kruza like this.
  10. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

that rodnutz vs denaki 10- 7 though o_O

11. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    None of those stats are real. I just applied the online special and mashed.

Tricky likes this.
  12. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    new UI design coming after I redo these buttons! They are no bueno!!!!

[​IMG]

Tricky likes this.
  13. Tricky

omg make it an iphone ap! The code is almost the same!!

14. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Yeah that's the plan eventually. Once I'm COMPLETELY done which will probably be the next update I'll be looking into make it a native app for Android & iOS while I'm fiddling with my next project. Android will most likely come first thought because I don't own a Mac.

15. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    If you're looking for another project idea, you should do one of those online reaction time tests, except instead of a green signal or whatever, use the sound effects for guard / hit / counterhit

16. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Perhaps I can add that to my bucket list. My next project is gonna be a game written in Javascript. Nothing fancy at all though. I just want to learn how to make stuff move and behave how I want them to. I really want to get good at JS before I move on to another language.

17. Tricky

I have a mac and am a cleared mac ios and osx developer for their app stores. I got all the tools on my macbookpro (which I don't use all that much anymore). Just tell me when you want to come over and we can crank it out in my office.

Rodnutz likes this.
  18. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    New update is live!

There are only two things I wish I could have done better, but as a beginner I'm very happy with how things turned out.

The first thing I feel a bit bad about is that the site doesn't support landscape mode for phones at the moment and honestly I don't think I will ever fix it. At most I'll try to implement some sort of orientation detection that informs you to tilt your phone to portrait whenever it's in landscape mode. It's very doable and I've already looked into it, but I'm pretty drained from all of this so no promises it will ever be done.

The second thing second thing is the ' WINNER ' buttons. I really wanted to redo them so they'd animate when pushed (something you can slightly see when using on desktop) but as I said previously I'm very drained and just kind of want to wrap this up.

All in all for being a beginner I'm still very happy with the results and the flawed design that impacts landscape mode just gives me something to think about for my next project.

As usually I gotta give @noname and @KoD a shout out because I can't stress enough how grateful I am for all the assistance they have provided me. Especially with getting the database up and running for you all.

Next stop?

A new project and trying to make Winstreak a native Android app. If I am able to successfully create an Android app then Winstreak will most likely undergo a name change because there is already a trademarked app on Android and iOS with that name. I don't know how TM works so to avoid BS I don't really need down the line I'll just change the name. To what? No idea! :p

Enjoy!

Craigbot, KoD and Kruza like this.
  19. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    After months of distractions, laziness and playing VF when I said I wouldn't. I finally lived up to the promise I made myself. And that promise was that I would release Winstreak as an official app. A bit late, but whatever the point is I got it done.

First let me mention that it has been renamed to Win Tally and at the moment it's Android only. I don't own a Mac nor do I plan on getting one anytime soon but an iOS version is VERY doable.

Aside from @MakiLeSushi and myself I'm not really sure who really used Winstreak but hopefully now that it's truly gone mobile more people will make use of it. While it was built with VF in mind it can be used for other games as well.

So what's new? Well if you own a Android device feel free to download it and check it out. For those who don't own an Android device I've added a few screen shots below. For someone who doesn't have much artist skills I think it turned out quite well. There will be a few updates mainly to fix a bug that's been driving me bat shit crazy for the past 4 days. I just can't figure out how to fix this shit. I added an option to manually clear the stats page, but it half ass works. After you hit the button you have to close out of the app completely then go back in and it's cleared. If you don't close out completely it doesn't clear. Ugh very frustrating!!!

Anyway it was only approved a short while ago so you may not be able to locate it without this link. I'm sure in a few hours it will be searchable. If it's not to much to ask some nice reviews, shares, tweets, etc would be awesome.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phonegap.wintally

Many thanks to @noname! Really if it wasn't for this guy none of this would be possible. Another huge thanks to my boy and brother from another mother @adamYUKI for being very supportive and also coming up with the color scheme. He said blueish grey and hey it works! Thanks dawg!

By the way it's pass midnight and official January 29th! With that said today is Adam's birthday so be sure to show him some love in the shout box and status updates.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOMIE! Thank you for being an outstanding friend!:D:p:whistle:(y)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MakiLeSushi, noname, Ellis and 3 others like this.