1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf: Final Tuned

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Myke, Aug 28, 2004.

1. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

I was playing against a strong Wolf player the other day (I was playing Jacky) and he hit me with the following:

surprise exchange into the wall, that move that forces opponent to crouch on hit, and then the low back throw (I was still facing away)... It drained a ton of damage! If I struggled faster, or perhaps did something else I could have escaped it, but still it was pretty sweet looking... Anyone know the requirements to set this up or whatever? Or how to get out of it?

-Alex

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It sounds like he did the evo combo: [1][P]+[G] (wall hit) ~ [4][P] ~ low back throw. The [4][P], during the wall stagger, somehow forces you to crouch (but not always!), which then makes the low back throw possible.

I have no idea what conditions are required to reproduce this 100%, but it's nothing new in FT.

3. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

if he threw u into a wall with an angle that cause you to do the spin wall stagger animation, b+p could hit and force crouch. it's quite hard to do... consider urself got owned hard mr.g.

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

look on your very own evo disc if you have one.. the segaru vs tsuchikumo (t-pai) match, he throws pai into the wall and does the force crouch---- then stuffs up the rest.

(does anyone watch the matches on their evo disc?)

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

[6][P]+[K] (B2) a possibility instead of [4][P] > low throw?

6. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    [ QUOTE ]
    BK__ said:

(does anyone watch the matches on their evo disc?)

[/ QUOTE ]

All the time. Everyone has not a computer, sport.

7. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

okay,

I just got DSL a few days ago, and I can now view FT Clips. However, I did a Wolf search and couldn't find jack. Where the hell are they? I can't wait to see all of his new moves/changes that Srider mentioned up above. Any help would be greatly appreciated /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Wolf, I'm loving his [4][K]--by far his best addition. Not only does it give him a safe poking tool, but when you stagger an opponent with it, you have a seriously damaging guessing game at your disposal. Dash in and

- 270f or GS, 80-100 points damage
    - 270b, 75 points damage
    - [3][3][P]+[G], 70 points damage
    - Short shoulder, 70+ points damage

His other additions are also quite nice, but [4][K] is what makes him much easier to play with in FT than Evo. In Evo, you had to know your stuff to be good, but now in FT you can pay less attention and still win.

9. Throwmasta

nice, it's about time they gave him a move that doesn't cause him to be "open season" when blocked! I'm assuming that [4][K] is obviously not throw guaranteed when guarded, but is it punishable at all (low p maybe?). Also, links to Wolf clips? Anyone? The matches in the media section weren't working. Every time I saw links to matches involving Wolf, I'd click on the link and view the same 3 matches over and over again (Lau/Sarah, Jeff/Lau, and I forget the other one); none of which involved Wolf. I there any links that just show all of his new moves/animations. Help!!!!!

10. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Nah, if the [4][K] isn't TC+ it isn't counterable with a 2p since it's mid. Don't worry about the media, there's been lots of Wolf media recenty you've just missed and there will prob be lots more soon. Otherwise you could go up on irc and ask ppl cause, as said, there has been tons of clips.

I have a question btw regarding Wolf. Since the new redesigned 43p gives you a free throw that does absolute tons of dmg altogheter can this be used as RN? Or is the 43p to slow? Is the throw linked to it escapable like a normalthrow (I'm talking about that 'yes!' throw)? Have I missunderstood that move altogether perhaps? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Also, how come the elbowrushes are never used in media? Does it take a elbow+ situation for them to be used well making 4p the better general option still?

/KiwE

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

One thing I was surprised about is that [4][3][P] > HCF [P]+[G] is not considered a hit throw. Rather, the HCF [P]+[G] is considered a throw Wolf has for head crumples...conceivably, if he had another attack that could induce a head crumple you can still use this throw. This is my impression anyway from the Master Guide. Is it escapable? I would be surprised if it was.

Can you use this for RN? Against a good player, I don't think so as it's too slow. Use it more at long distance as opponents rush in. I think Wolf should be on advantage even if blocked.

For RN, I recommend either stunner or HCB [P]+[K]. The latter is safe even if blocked. You can also try SS, which will duck under high attacks. All take huge chunks of damage.

[4][K] is not counterable.

I don't think people use the elbow rushes simply because the potential reward for throws (remember, three TFTs and four with a wall) and big attacks are so high. Most Wolfs prefer to guess than take the guaranteed albeit lesser damage. My theory anyway.

Wolf is good!

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The head crumble throw isn't escapable.

13. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    KiwE said:
    I have a question btw regarding Wolf. Since the new redesigned 43p gives you a free throw that does absolute tons of dmg altogheter can this be used as RN? Or is the 43p to slow? Is the throw linked to it escapable like a normalthrow (I'm talking about that 'yes!' throw)? Have I missunderstood that move altogether perhaps? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The 43p is slow -- it seems only a bit faster than the EVO 43p. That being said I think Wolf has better RN choices as ICE pointed out. I find the 43p effective after a big backdash or at long distance to catch incoming. On a side note: I know the current media always has the "yes" throw but there is actually two throws out of the 43p head slam. The normal throw does 45 points, invloves no "yes", and wolf only picks the opponent up to chest height. The other throw is the "yes" throw, you get is with a perfect input (a la the twirl), it does 55 points, and Wolf lifts the opponent above his head.

kbcat

14. Throwmasta

"The 43p is slow -- it seems only a bit faster than the EVO 43p. That being said I think Wolf has better RN choices as ICE pointed out. I find the 43p effective after a big backdash or at long distance to catch incoming. On a side note: I know the current media always has the "yes" throw but there is actually two throws out of the 43p head slam. The normal throw does 45 points, invloves no "yes", and wolf only picks the opponent up to chest height. The other throw is the "yes" throw, you get is with a perfect input (a la the twirl), it does 55 points, and Wolf lifts the opponent above his head."

Where can I view this...?

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
  16. Throwmasta

Thanks for the links shag /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif,

unfortunately, they don't work when I click on them. They don't even try to download (as is the case with a lot of media I try to view) /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I thought my DSL connection would fix this, but apparently not. What else could the problem be, and/or how could I fix it?

17. OffBrandNinja

OffBrandNinja Well-Known Member

You could try updating your Windows Media Player, and you should also download the divx codecs (just search for 'em on Google). That should fix any problems you're having, otherwise, I'm stumped.

18. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    If nothing happens when you click a link then its probably the browser at fault.

Are you running Win 98/ME/2000/XP? What browser do use? Win 95 wont play some media. You should be running Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher. If so, it might be a security issue and have to look into the IE options.

Is your DSL running under a firewall? That might block some links as well.

Do you use AOL? I haven't used the service in YEARS but I know it has properties that work against the norm.

asf. and wmv. extensions are Microsoft media files. I'm not sure how Mac users view these files but I'm sure it can be done.

I'm just throwing out ideas here, I hope you can figure it out. With the little detail you gave me, that's the only advice I can give you. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

19. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    http://espermaso.sakura.ne.jp/ft/wolf08.asf

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, that kinda looks like it used as a RN tool to me actually. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

How much damage does the entire thing do then if you do the yes version? About 90dmg (55+35)? That's alot if the throw isn't escapable.

/KiwE

20. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    KiwE said:
    How much damage does the entire thing do then if you do the yes version? About 90dmg (55+35)? That's alot if the throw isn't escapable.

/KiwE

[/ QUOTE ]

The hit is 25 -- so it's 80 (25+55) for a normal hit. Scale accordingly for counters. Also, the 43p takes 37 frames to execute -- which is a heck of a long time.

kbcat