1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf Q&A topic

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Mister, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

It's a new brand every sub forum is starting and Wolf needs it too.

Also I would like to start with Who is the content manager for Wolf? o_O

2. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

That would be me. I'm going to try and get the combo lists up by the end of the week.

3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Ok guys, change of roles. now i'm the CM. I started to insert all the combos Unicorn found in the proper combo section.
    Any advice to improve the knowledge about wolf is wellcome.

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Gratz Mister!

5. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Grats mister! Also grats Unicorn, I see you are CM now too.

I am looking forward to seeing the combo list updated on VFDC!

6. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    There are some updates made by mister and small additions by me. But mister told me his PC is broken and I do not wish to edit in things before him, because he is re-checking all I compiled in the juggle file. A lot of work it is, gg for him

7. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Can I suggest at least update the VFDC list to what is in the file now? My fear is that it becomes a permanent "to do" item, and then takes a long time to get done.

Better to have info now, and check as we go, than to wait a long time for the perfect solution.

8. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Lets wait to misters reply.
    I am at work through Christmas, will have a lot of spare time to waste :D

9. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Ok I have a question. Say I sidestep a move right and the op intends on trying to low punch or mash their way back to "safety" whats the best moves Wolf has to keep that sideturn pressure or at least crumple on side counter so i could get a combo off like Eileens 3k would for example?

10. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    4K is Wolf's move to cause a side crumple on CH (instead of 3K since his knocks down). You need to have evaded a move that leaves you at +4 to beat out 2P. Some of the pokier moves wont allow it and it depends at what point in their exe you evade also. Usually it's fine though.

If you KNOW they're gonna 2P but you're not sure what the frames are atm then you can 2P+K or 9P+K for a combo.

11. Mister

frok the side 4k gives side crumple on ch. also ppp is natural combo on side.

12. EvenPit

Ok thanks. One more more though, say I run in with 6PKG K and hit my opponent and its a counter hit... Instead of going for the low throw like everyone would expect would I be able to get off a full P+K charge or is there something that would stop me from that?

13. Mister

best thing to do after 6pkg k is 33p+k and get the combo done. easy damage and its garanteed unlike a low throw that has a chance to be escaped

14. EvenPit

Ok thanks ill be trying that out right now actually

15. mhnd87

mhnd87 Member

PSN:
    mhnd87
    Are there ways to throw button mashers besides hitting them with moves that side turn them or make them crouch then getting a side/low throw? I also know about throwing after an opponent whiffs, anything else?

16. Mister

If with throw you also count catches you may get enough advantage to use 46P+G and then get your damage with that.

or you may use k+g that in counter is +9 (yellow flash) and do 6p+g which is the fastet throw in the game. At some ranges it also gives you +10 so you can to 46 or 64 p+g and get the strong side throw.

Another situation where you have +11 is when you do ascendent p and you land the hit. It doesn't matter if it's normal or counter hit, you will always get +11 so the low throws are garanteed to connect vs masher I suggest you to do 33p+g which is the most damaging low throw.

Those are just ways to setup garanteed throws. A good way to use throws against masher is also using them as punishment. Everything that is -10 or worse for them is a garanteed throw for you except the burning hammer which is 16 frames execution.

But the best way to punish masher is using combo starter. You'll get them and start a devasting combo and their life will be halfed. After 2 combos i guess they will stop mashing (unless they are total scrubs) and you may start to use throws.

17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Don't try to throw button mashers. Back dash into that 3K+G. It's called adapting. Don't try to do something that will not work. (well you can still throwpunish punishable moves against mashers.. but why would you)

18. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Sozos asked about avoiding Wolf's [3][P][+][K] after combo's ending in [6][P][P] in the shoutbox and after struggling avoiding this yesterday myself I wondered what ways there were to deal with it.

Only guaranteed ways so far i've found are...

Back roll - avoids it in most situations, doesn't work when the downed opponent is close to the wall.

Rising Kick - Any fastest timing rising kick beats it outright.

I have a feeling both side rolls should avoid it but I can't input them fastest timing.

Anyway do any of you Wolf players know the window to perfect tech after the [6][P][P]? I can't find it all, be great if one of you guys could make a vid.

Sozos likes this.
  19. Mister

Best thing to do is perfect tech roll after [6][P][P]. It's hard to do i know, but it's the best option to avoid any damage. Usually the heavy down attack is garanteed and if you try to do something like a rising kick it will be a CH and do much more damage.
    Sometimes the back roll works but as already said doesn't work all the time.

My best advice is record a dummy wolf to do [6][P][P] as combo ender and try to find the right timing to do the perfect tech roll. Once you get the rythm you will escape it without knowing it.
    The windows starts a little bit BEFORE the last punch hits the opponent so try to use Wolf's sound as start to tech roll. A the beginning of practice smashing [P][+][K][+][G] is a good way to find the tech roll window.

Of course in the lag it's another story but it doesn't hurt to try and if you fail you can always try to back roll.

Sozos and Feck like this.
  20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

The [3][P][+][K] is far from guaranteed, I just said that any rising kick (fastest timing) will beat it outright. Wolf eats the CH :p

Anyway, I really can't find the timing to exact tech it. Mashing doesn't seem to work so if anyone can make a vid to show the timing i'd really appreciate it.