1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf Q&A topic

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Mister, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Nope, the thing with both 3KK and 2KK is that if you guess the first kick right, you can duck the second one (if he does not hitcheck and not do that on block). After that you are free to launch him.

There's a plethora of options to go for from 66P, I'm pretty sure they are listed on the Jean forums. 43P+K is not really that strong there.

66P+K you can punish with a throw attempt on guard. Both 1K+G and 2K+G can be punished with 4P for a combo (though 1K+G does have phonomenal reach, not sure if it works from max distance). 2K+G can also be punished with 6P+K for more damage.

Backdash is usually a pretty safe way to start a round most of the time. If your opponent has obvious habits in his round starting then you can swith do doing something to that particular thing.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Versus Jean, it is very important to know which hits in his strings are high and use tem as interruption windows.

Backdash evade is annoying, but that is for any character, not just Jean. There are many ways how to deal with it; some more effective that others. 4K should work generally up to certain distance; and then... just watch to the side your oppoent is evading into.
    Is it always up? Always down? Always your back or stomach? Random? Is he canceling his failed evades properly or not? Or is he canceling his evade into attack?
    Once you know answer to this questions, you can be very effective against him.

As for the round openers, generally 624P, 3P, P, 62K and 6KG are best "aggresive openers" while 44866G or 44844 are best "passive openers". But watching your opponent habbits is here pretty important.

3. Whatevs_Dawg

Whatevs_Dawg Member

PSN:
    Whatevs_Dawg
    Anybody know why if I hit 6p(pk) whiff jab 46(pg) I get catch throw regardless of (pkg)getup, but If I do 6p(pk) whiff 3p 46(pg) I get catch throw if they stay down, regular (pg) throw if they (pkg) getup and catch throw or (pg) throw inconsistently if they (8/2pkg) getup?

4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

My best guess is that Wolf has a special side throw with 46P+G (or 64P+G) input so if you happen start it while they are on their sideturned frames you get a regular one.

5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

That's super weird. I run some test vs Lau and seems like if I'm really tight with frames input I get a whiffed throw if I try to do the 46P+G catch throw.

@Whatevs_Dawg can you tell me against which character did you test this scenario? I'd like to gather more data.

6. Whatevs_Dawg

Whatevs_Dawg Member

PSN:
    Whatevs_Dawg
    @Mister I tested against wolf, now that I think of it character weight probably changes it slightly. After messing with it for a while I think the 8/2p+k+g inconsistency has to do with whether you 8/2p+k+g with perfect timing.

@Combolammas Pp+k leaves them side turned on the ground iirc so I think your theory is right. Weird that it registers side turned even though you can't hit/throw them yet.