1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Would anyone be intersted in VFLive on PSN?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by DigitlSamurai, Dec 30, 2014.

?

If there is a PS3 version of VFLive, what day of the week should it be?

1. Mondays

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tuesdays

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I can't do either of those days

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    For those who don't know, VFLive is a series of online VF5FS tournaments I host over Xbox Live. With the new season starting in January (and because I've been asked by a few people), I'm thinking of starting PS3 version. My plan right now is to host a tournament, or two starting two weeks after the start of the main season to test the waters and gauge interest. If turnout is consistently good, I'll spin it off into a weekly event. Possibly with prizes. I won't, however be able to record the matches and the only days I usually have free to host a tournament are Mondays and Tuesdays. Thoughts?

2. Parasite_eveNZ

Parasite_eveNZ Well-Known Member

I would be keen are there any rules? like connection restrictions custom bans etc?

3. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    No connection restrictions. I'll copy/paste the rules here:

Tournaments are double elimination, 2 out of 3 wins to a set. Grand finals are 3 out of 5. Maximum of 8 players per event (for now). If there aren't enough players for a standard tournament, an alternate format, such as a round robin will be used.

In the event of an unintentional disconnect, the set will be resumed from the round where the disconnect occurred.

Dural is banned.

Show up on time!!! If you no show three times, you WILL be banned for remainder of the season. If you get banned from two seasons, you'll be perma-banned. It WILL NOT count against you if you need to cancel out of a tournament, but let me know a reasonable amount of time beforehand.

As for how to conduct yourself, basically just don't be a jerk. Trash talk is fine, personal insults are NOT. Rage quitting, repeatedly readying up out of turn, or any other kind of intentionally disruptive behavior WILL result in forfeiture and/or a possible ban from VFLive.

There's a scoring system too, but since this is just a test run it doesn't apply.

Also, here's sample match:

4. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Can you give an idea of when in the day you would want to do this?

5. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Or, how about an all Dural tournament? Would be interesting...

Also, are you aware of the garbage that is the PSN network?

6. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    It would be at 8 PM Eastern time.
    I've actually mentioned that to the 360 version players and it didn't go over well. However, I'd still be open to the idea as a side tourney.
    Yes, I know, but since a number of PSN players have told me they wish VFLive was on PSN, I'll try it.