1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

XBL Gamer Tag: Australasia

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Myke, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    VF5 GamerTags from Aus and NZ.

GamerTag (VFDC Username) - Location[/size]

Myke623 (Myke) - Sydney
    kchan78 (ken) - Sydney
    HAIJING (n/a) - Sydney
    WickN00B (WickN00b) - Adelaide
    Z0mbi3 Nugg3t5 (luckytintinnz) - New Zealand
    K to da G (KtotheG) - Perth
    strongasdeath (strongasdeath) - Melbourne
    razielx7 (raziel) - ?
    y45hiro (y45hiro) - Perth
    Exitwoundss (EnSabahNur) - Melbourne
    ED Kage SYD (Eddie) - Sydney
    VanHalo au (UgLee) - Cairns
    Grimshine (Grimshine) - Sydney
    D Flea (Flea) - Brisbane
    CPS2 (CPS2) - Sydney
    Ryanmc1979 (n/a) - ?
    SUNR1DER (n/a) - ?
    Greencheif22 (n/a) - ?
    Robercheio (n/a) - ?
    MadeManG74 (n/a) - ?
    OzFalcon (n/a) - ?
    BrokenFaerie (n/a) - ?

2. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Aww shiz! Myke got that ish! We have to try playing one of these times to see how USA to assie is!

3. sontawila

sontawila Well-Known Member

Gratz on getting the 360 myke /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Finally? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yes, I caved in!

5. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Dude, stop lying about your GT.

Everyone, his real gamertag is:

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>RAINMAN[/size]</span>

6. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    hahahahah!

das mah boy! see yo aussie ass soon mate! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

7. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Hi Myke,

Looking forward to playing against more people in the Australiasian region. Bring it on!

GAMERTAG:
    kchan78

8. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Myke,

we have to try some more. Even with the lag though, I found it pretty playable and fun. I love the relaxed nature of your Kage, how you're so patient and at home in the fight, then bust out some totally tech jive at the perfect time like it's nothing!

truly the calm eye in the middle of the hurricane.

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Ken, great matches last night man! That's two Aussies so far, with a third I know is coming (Eddie!)

Surely there has to be more guys out there?

akiralove, even with the lag, I still enjoyed our matches too. While the execution tends to get spoiled, our mind games are always relentless and intense. We should definitely try playing some more!

Of all the people I've tried in the US, akiralove has definitely been the best connection by far. I will try to play at least once with everyone (from the US) that's invited me so far, but don't hold your breath for a playable connection.

10. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

Myke I want to try to play you and learn what Kage can really do so I can be good against all other Kage's. Hopefully Comcast from Bay Area will hold up.

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey kchan78 gg! It's really discouraging though that being so close one would think we could get a better connection between Singapore and Australia. We played with what? 2 bars? It must be because I couldn't land a knee > P combo with Jeffry... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

12. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Yeah the lag was a little bad, it was bearable to an extent.

It was fun to play against your Jeffry. How is your link to Japan? Seems like its a decent connection to JP.

Getting owned for 4hours per day by Myke is pretty good motivation to improve slowly but steadily.

Hopefully can fish more Asian players from our region.Look forward to playing you a little more.

13. driftsilencer

driftsilencer Well-Known Member

Hey Myke mind if I added you to my friends list?

I am not sure about the connection from Singapore to Australia, hopefully its not too bad.

My GT is Driftsilencer. Hope to play against you sometime!

14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    driftsilencer, sorry for the late reply. Go ahead and add me, and we'll try out the connection.

15. KtotheG

KtotheG Well-Known Member

Just activated XBL Gold today. Got VF5 2 days back and have played about 4 hours or so since... so you know I am scrub (and still deciding who i wanna use lol)

My Gamertag is: K to da G

btw, I dont have the headset w/mic as of yet so I wont be able to chat during play. Had a chance to play against a Blaze player, Wikinoob (sic?) today. Hes probably Kiwi or Aussie because it had the green connection thing when I joined his game. Not sure if he posts on here.

checked XBL and the correct spelling for the dude's GT is WikN00B
    (zeros not O's)

16. KtotheG

Thx for showing some awesome shit with Kage, Myke.

ken, when we was playing I wanted to switch character (sega should really fix this, stick with one character my ass) so after we played 4 matches or so I exited to switch, I search for a match and you not there lol. GG's anyway

Got owned by all 3 ppl I played online thus far which is a good sign cos newer players shouldnt be able to succeed with mashing.

oh, and I dont have a mic either as of yet so I cant respond to voice chat

17. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Hi KtotheG,

You're doing quite well and showing lots of improvement. Remember that theres a rock, paper scissors scenario for almost every situation.

High, Mid, Low, Throw
    Linear, Circular, Half Circular
    Close, Mid, Long
    Normal Rise, Tech Roll

Use the games advantage/disadvantage system to land your hits.

You need to come to terms of all the above options. A good answer to someone doing "linear" attacks all the time is "dodging". If I feel you're not dodging I dont need to fear the use of my linear attacks being "dodged".

Certain linear moves give advantage on guard. So its best to identify which of those the opponent has and which you can use.

Good work peservering, its a very deep and fun game enjoyed our matches. GG

18. KtotheG

Ken, I noticed that a lot of your attacks I could not punish with a jab when I guarded, I should probably check the frame data to see what is punishable with what?

I have basically narrowed down my character choices to Brad, Shun, El Blaze, and Kage. But I am still not sure who I wanna stick with, as I have the most success with Kage and Brad atm but Shun is just as fun to play as.

Thanks for the tips and the games.

19. nin

nin Well-Known Member

NinXniN PKG

Please add me.

20. luckytintinnz

luckytintinnz Active Member

Hi guys, NZ here. Been looking for someone with a similar connection to play with. My GT: Z0mbi3 Nugg3t5
    Will probably start playing again tomorrow. I usually go on at 8-12am NZ time.