1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

XBL Good Games

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Myke, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    Yeah, I have to figure out what Brad or any of the fighters will be doing, so I have to be on point. It can be hard but it's doable.

2. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Omega, the speed is not as important as you may think at first, IF Aoi chooses to reverse, tenchi(yin yang) or sabaki (reversing attack) , all three are relatively slow, and you only need enough speed to beat the sabaki attack's speed, Brad's 66k full circ mid sweep is very good vs. her stuff, but yes you are vulnerable if Aoi uses a normal faster attack instead of reversing. Also low attacks are good vs aoi, her tenchi cant handle lows, and she has few sabaki's to deal with lows. ( one fore low punch, another for kicks, which can grab low kick)

Double limb moves , but also head butts, back/shoulder attacks, are sabaki proof

but NO MOVE is reversal proof...Damn you Aoi... ;)

3. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Sry, anything aoi related, gets me going... :)

Kruza and Craigbot like this.
  4. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Bee Tee Dubs, GGs to Tim, Cruzlink, Kadaj, KunfuSmurf, thnx for shaking some rust off, Im too damn moral me thinks...

Craigbot likes this.
  5. Craigbot

XBL:
    Craigbot
    Kage has a secret crush on Aoi :love:, but he doesn't show it. It's the Kagemaru-ninja way :ninja: :LOL:

6. OmegaSFox

OmegaSFox Member

PSN:
    OmegaSFox
    XBL:
    OmegaSFox
    Understand brad doesn't have any double limb moves and I feel his low moves are don't set up good distances against her.

7. Craigbot

XBL:
    Craigbot
    Aoi can reverse every attack in the game (not always with an attack but evade) & use Tenchi and Sabaki on certain attacks. So she has to know what attack is coming and react to it accordingly.

8. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Her sabaki attacks are good, but they're also her greatest weakness.

9. Craigbot

XBL:
    Craigbot
    How are they her greatest weakness?

10. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I'm working on an explanation in the Brad section.

phanatik likes this.
  11. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    I wish I could add to the Aoi section. Seeing as it doesn't get much action not attention.

12. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

You can do it if you want and kingo doesn't mind. Personally, I'm too lazy to bother with it, haha.

Kruza

13. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    I'm not a Aoi section manager like Kingo though. So I can't do anything.

14. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    You can post in the Aoi forum...

15. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    Oh I didn't know. I thought you had to be a manager or something. You know, to avoid any conflicts with information, I thought the content managers are the only ones allowed to post or had to approve the post or something like that.

16. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Nope, go write!

phanatik likes this.
  17. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Lib , I kinda think youre revealing an important point about Aoi, I woulda scoffed at this idea at one point, but i think its true , so long as one is aware of how to deal with her sabakis, they are not fast moves, so whenever you have advantage,you need to figure what sabaki proof move you have that will beat her speed wise, and leave you safe should she defend instead of sabaki, also if really studied, one can know when Aoi even has an opportunity to sabaki, not all sabaki work at all levels of advantage/disadvantage, some like her high punch/low punch sabaki will not work between -1 thru positive, and she only has one sabaki for kicks. So yeah I think there are some real chinks in the armor here for Aoi.

(need confirmnation on high punch/low punch sabaki not working at -1) 46 P (I believe)

see, I need to study more Aoi :)

18. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    Aoi also has basic defense when she doesn't want to guess. Be wary of that. She doesn't have to make a move or counteract, to read properly. If she blocks it, and makes mental notes of the reads, those chinks will close up fast.

Craigbot likes this.
  19. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    absolutely bounty, Aoi in the hands of a lucid thinker is possibly the deadliest in the cast. These chinks are only good for those that are falling into predictable bread'n butter Aoi tactics.

Craigbot likes this.
  20. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    Basic Aoi tactics = Children's daycare.
    Fluid Aoi tactics = Area 51.

phanatik, Craigbot and Kruza like this.