1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

XBL Good Games

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Myke, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    either way it'd be dangerous to leave your kids there ;)

2. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

Here you go:

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/fs-sabaki-list-why-arent-sabaki-details-on-commands-section.17986/

Take a close look at post #8.

Kruza

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  3. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Bounty (y)!

4. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Fluid tactics are a vital part of victory in general against a smart player overall. A basic tactic would work if people aren't seeing it but a smart players adapts accordingly to that regardless of the character used. I was reminded of this when I last played online, I don't play online much now as I am not a big fan of online VF in general. I forget that quickly serving as the reason why I lose so much online to good player smart players the few times I decide to play online.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    phanatik likes this.
  5. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

GG's to whoever it was I was playing yesterday. If you're on here and playing against Mekalekahai then holler. I'd LOVE to rematch you. I didn't think I could have fun playing this game anymore but your Shun was kind of godlike.

That's Mekalekahai, not Mekahineyhoe.

PEACE

6. Lulu Lulu

Lulu Lulu Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Can't you just throw Aoi if you she tries her Sabaki Shenanigans ? I'm guilty of performing throws out of the blue and that has always been favourable for me with DoA's Sabaki Characters..... which is like only about 3 or 4 of them.

Does VF's Sabaki work differently

7. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

Cannot throw Aoi while she's doing any of her sabakis.

Kruza

Craigbot and Lulu Lulu like this.
  8. Lulu Lulu

XBL:
    Lulekani
    LoL.... damn it !!!.... in DoA Sabaki's are Identical to Holds.... meaning that as long as a throw becomes active during the window in which a Sabaki's deflect attacks then the throw will win..... if that delflection window closes and the throw goes active even before the strike goes active then the throw will lose to the strike.

Sarah's DoA Sabaki looks like this: 12 (11) 5 (3) 22 the green number is the Deflection Window.... and the red number is when the strike goes active.....the throw will only work if it goes active before that "5" in the middle.

Anyway..... is the only way to get around Aoi's Sabaki's to use an attack it won't deflect..... lol that sounds like alot of work.....

9. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Yeah you have to find your character's specific "anti-Aoi" moves an have them on lock. Some characters have it harder than others which is a pain. So now not only do you have to have advantage in most case but you have to pick your responses carefully. It may also help to know that Aoi can reverse, avoid, or sabaki almost any attack given shes at a app. adv. or disadv. of course.

Lulu Lulu likes this.
  10. Lulu Lulu

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Pai Chan is similar too right.... only she has fewer Parries.

LoL those two have to be the most annoying matchups to prepare for. o_O lol hell I don't think its any easier for the Aoi player either other since they would then have to assume their opponent did their homework and are going to try not to use reversible moves.

EvenPit likes this.
  11. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Sabakis are attacks in VF in general so they beat throws. Oddly enough YY is also considered a sabaki I think even though she can be thrown out of it. As it was mentioned before as long as she isn't at disadvantage of -10 and up reversals and sabakis are still an option even if she is back turned. I heard of some nasty set ups that put her at -10 and up BT or sideturned meaning her typical crap won't work even in that position. Try to get her in that postion and she is pinned down with no options aside from normal defense everyone has.

Good aois know all of the tricks though and will attack like a normal person will to make you respect her. One more thing her cancels aren't safe if she cancels into another attack on block into something else. She can cancel into nothing and make her stuff safe too that is fine but just be mindful of that. You can still get her then though too. You just have to be on your toes with her. That is why I hate aoi so much

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Craigbot, Kruza and Lulu Lulu like this.
  12. Lulu Lulu

XBL:
    Lulekani
    LoL those types of characters can be a pain..... its like: "Oh dear.... I have to open this round with Low a Kick.... sigh....." its the worst.... but its fun..... if you win ofcourse.:D

13. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    MakiLeSushi likes this.
  14. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
  15. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    GGs to my bro @MakiLeSushi. Great games as always. Maki since you are one of my best online partners I would like to sparring with you with my subs. I know you practicing subs too so, whenever you want let's practice them together. :)

16. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Sure bro. But my taka still suck i don t use all his moves... i have to go on command list to check it

Sozos likes this.
  17. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Don't worry bro,same here.

18. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    ggs to Makilesushi

ggs to Purple Trap those wolf mirror matches were fun. you surprised me when you didn't pick Aoi.

ggs to KingofCarnageVf

ggs to Jason Elbow

and who the ---- is matthewchan???? all this guy does is run away with el blaze THE WHOLE ROUND...smh. he made me angry chasing him down ,so i had to pick Jacky and beat the hell out of him.;)

19. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Obi Wan, you just fought the great chanMATTHEWchan, he teaches us less fortunate in the ways of shennanigans, and to find victory we must delve into the furthest reaches of our own scrubbiness , and throw out old concepts like guarding... or thinking.

In fairness...he kept playing even after like two hours of losing...so , thats cool... ;)

phanatik likes this.
  20. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    i just don't understand why some people like him and wachilleb play the way they do. are they even having fun? i can understand if someone under 13 years old is playing like ,but i don't know how a grown man wouldn't a least try to learn more.

phanatik and Ytpme_Secaps like this.