1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One BC play

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by MAXIMUM, Oct 24, 2016.

1. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

Having taken a long break Ive recently purchased an Xbox One and reactiated my dormant digital copy of VF5 with backwards compatability.

Before dropping cash on gold membership I wanted to check how busy the servers are?

Im in Scotland so on GMT or ECT. Are there any good times to log in and find some friendly matches?

Many thanks

oneida likes this.
  2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    there's actually a few scotish players on XBL, believe it or not
    @Altered and one other guy, i'll look around, forgot
    weekends and evenings are your best bets, wednesday night (EST) @Blitzball Champ hosts room matches called VF Arena
    and basically just add everyone here:
    [​IMG]

3. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    VF Arena #40 this Wednesday!!!!! Let's make this a big one!!!!!!

MAXIMUM likes this.
  4. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Whoa... is this the same @MAXIMUM that I used to see on the HG message board back in the 1990s?!

Kruza

5. MAXIMUM

That's great to know there's still an online scene, thanks for the information.

Kruza, yes it is. I remember you - didn't we used to compete on Dreamcast Sega Rally 2? That must be close to 20 years ago.

6. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Aww man Freescotland wats hap. Have seen you in a while.

MAXIMUM likes this.
  7. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Damn Kruza how old are you? I know you said once you had kids online but...

8. Altered

Altered Member

XBL:
    AlteredScotsman
    My name was mentioned therefore I comment.

My GT is AlteredScotsman if you wanna add me, man.

MAXIMUM and oneida like this.
  9. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

lol! Yes, I was a Sega Rally 2 junkie back then. And today I am a DiRT Rally junkie. ;-)

Speaking of DiRT Rally, I was just last night participating in a DiRT Rally league session with a couple of my old HG message board pals who also competed during those SR2 days.

I am upset that I lost my DiRT Rally Twitch stream archive for today's run on the modern all-asphalt version of Pikes Peak. It was my best overall run at Pikes Peak to date, although I personally like racing on the all-gravel version of Pikes Peak the most.

Heh, my age has always been in my profile. And nah, I don't have kids.

Kruza

MAXIMUM likes this.
  10. MAXIMUM

@Altered Thanks I'll add you next time I'm online but don't expect to be significantly challenged by me. I'm a pretty scrubby player at the best of times and need to find my bearings again. First port of call is getting myself a stick - can anyone recommend one for XboxOne?

@Kruza I've just had a peek at some DIRT videos and it looks amazing. I may well look into picking up a copy. I've still got my copy of SR2 and my old Dreamcast. I should really set it back up some time for nostalgia!

Kruza and Altered like this.
  11. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    My bad i was mistaken. Damn good ass Aoi though.

Kruza likes this.
  12. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

@MAXIMUM , I don't want to hijack this thread of yours with endless DiRT Rally praises, but... get it! DiRT Rally is widely regarded as the best rally racing game ever. Even many die-hard fans of the classic Richard Burns Rally for PC admit this as well. If you're even a remote rally racing you must get it. Playing this game will immediately remind you of SR2, but much closer toward the sim aspect of car handling. Awesome game!

Kruza

13. MAXIMUM

DIRT will be my next purchase once I've freed up some funds and time. I checked out some more videos the other night. Wow.

I'm still trying to track down a decent arcade stick for VF on Xbox1. Don't think I'll challenge online until I've ticked that box. My pad play is atrocious - meaning its only slightly better than my stick play :)

14. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I haven't tried any other arcade stick for the Xbox One aside from the Hori Real Arcade Pro V one that I own. This is an excellent arcade stick in my opinion. Keep in mind that it's not a cheap stick by any means, but it's well worth getting if you plan to play a lot of VF with it.

Kruza

MAXIMUM likes this.
  15. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

wow another hardcoregaming regular shows up here. whats the head count now? 4? maximum, kruza, Catch22, myself..

hehe nice to see you max, i didnt post much there but i do remember you. i wonder what ed is doing nowadays, he used to be such a VF fan....

MAXIMUM and Kruza like this.
  16. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I haven't heard from Ed at all since the HG days. And last time I heard from Travis was about 5 years ago. Travis used to help Ed run HG before hosting his own site, Game-411, for a while.

Hey MAX, if you didn't know about this already, I uploaded some DiRT Rally videos as well. If you like racing from in-car view, make sure to check 'em out!

Kruza

17. MAXIMUM

Ill check out those Dirt Rally movies now. I should really just bite the bullet and buy it.

Id love a Real Arcade Pro but cant justify the outlay just yet. Im on the hunt for something cheaper.

Re HG. That was a great little community back in the wildwest days of the net. How much has changed since then? Scary. Those were exciting times with the end of the Saturn and the arrival of Dreamcast promising perfect arcade ports. I remember VF3tb and all those unecessarily long discussions about broken shadows and frame rates on Sega Rally 2

18. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    The occasionally choppy/stuttery frame rate issue in Dreamcast Sega Rally 2 was legitimate though. It could be easily noticed if you were used to playing the arcade version of SR2 then played the Dreamcast version right after. This didn't stop me from playing and still loving the DC version though.

And yeah, Genki's efforts on the DC version of VF3tb wasn't all that great. There were broken shadows among some other issues with the graphics that were heavily (and deservedly) criticized between skeptics. To this day I wonder how much better VF3tb would've looked on the DC version had AM2 done this port instead.

Kruza

19. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Does VF5FS on Xbox One BC fully supports Hitbox stick with PS360+? and with Brook?

20. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I don't know the definite answer to your questions, SUGATA. But if you can play the Xbox 360 version of VF5FS with Hitbox stick and Brooks convertor, then I would think you can also play VF5FS on Xbox One with the same setup.

Kruza