1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

10th Best Fighting Game of all time

Discussion in 'General' started by jm571, Jun 2, 2017.

1. jm571

jm571 Member

So watchmojo.com posted their latest video on the 10 best fighting games of all time. I did not even think vf would be on the list but number 10 is not bad eh. should have been number 1..lol but its nice to have it acknowledged.

2. Technocrow

Technocrow Active Member

Not a horrible placing. It's better than just being saved as an honorable mention.

oneida likes this.
  3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Obviously the peeps at watchmojo.com don't have a clue. Or maybe they're judging best ,
    based on sales or something. The top five fighting games of all time are:

VF5FS
    VF5
    VF Final Tuned
    VF 4 Evo
    VF4

Now if you want to consider other series.

1. VF
    2. Soul Calibur
    3. Tekken

The best mixed martial arts combat simulation ever made
    UFC3 Undisputed

I know some will suggest 2D fighters should be in the top 5. Sry LOL I'm biased, I realize Street Fighter, MK, Blaze Blue,etc have big followings, but imo 2D fighters can't hold a candle to 3D fighters and are a whole different kind of sport.

Any ranking that doesn't put VF in top 1 or 2 spot imo is simply not a valid ranking or it is looking at other factors besides game mechanics such as sales, or popularity.

VF is the best arcade fighter ever made. I've been looking at vids of Tekken 7 all day, and VF on the PS3 still looks better to me LOL. By the looks of Tekken 7, the series seems to be well on its way to a 2D fighter :LOL:

beanboy likes this.