1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

1996 SEGA Strategy Magazine introducing Virtua Fighter 3 (images)

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Woodblock, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Woodblock

Woodblock Member

From a special edition Sega Strategy magazine which heralds Virtua Fighter 3 in a two page "article" and other new System model 3 games. I thought someone might be interested to see the article leading up to the Virtua Fighter 3 release, specifically aimed at arcade operators and furthermore the location numbers ($) for a now largely bygone era.

In the back of this "magazine"/advert for arcade operators, a list highlighting Sega Arcade game title earnings.

Some interesting content and facts within the Virtua Fighter 3 article.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is some interesting Sega Arcade/location 1996 earnings based on their title lineup highlighted by US national zones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    BLACKSTAR likes this.
  2. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Interesting. I vaguely remember having a Game Informer magazine with a 5 or 10 page article on VF3 years ago. I wish I still had it.

Woodblock likes this.
  3. Woodblock

Woodblock Member

That would have been nice.

Next week I am going to ask around from all the local operators if they have any VF arcade fliers on hand. If find any, I will do a proper scan and upload them onto this post for others to have.