1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[22 Feb 2013] Ozhadou Nationals 11 - Sydney, Australia (Sydney NSW)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Berzerk, Feb 10, 2013.

Ozhadou Nationals 11 - Sydney, Australia
Start Date: 22 Feb 2013 05:00 PM
End Date: 25 Feb 2013 05:00 PM
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Level 1, 99 York Street
Sydney NSW 2000

Posted By: Berzerk

Confirmed Attendees: 3
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 3
The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Berzerk

Berzerk Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    OHN11 is the latest iteration of the OzHadou Nationals tournament series, Australia’s longest running fighting game major. What originally started as a small arcade tournament between Sydney and Melbourne has turned into a massive annual event for fighting game fans all around Australia. Whether you’re there to prove you’re the best or just looking to meet up with players from other states and get some casual games in, there’s plenty of fun to be had at OHN.

OFFICIAL “ROAD TO EVO INTERNATIONAL” QUALIFIER FOR EVOLUTION WORLD FINALS IN LAS VEGAS PLUS
    OHN’S BIGGEST EVER PRIZE POOL

View the OHN11 Trailer Are you the best? Prove it http://youtu.be/LDola8UrcPI
    LIVE STREAMING See the action live at the Ozhadou channel: www.twitch.tv/Ozhadou

FULL INFO AT THE OHN11 WEBSITE: http://ohn.ozhadou.net/
    Online Registration only. Players have till February 18 to preregister
    FB Event https://www.facebook.com/events/284465375016480

2013 GAME LINEUP (*EVO POINTS)
    • Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition * • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 *
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 *• Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown • King of Fighters XIII *

www.ozhadou.net

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ozhadou
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ozhadou

Plus side tournaments for SOUL CALIBUR 5, DEAD OR ALIVE 5 and SF3:3RD STRIKE.

Casual play and much hyped Exhibition matches. Check the site and forums for updates!

2. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Best of luck all you guys!

I won't be able to go myself unfortunately, I'll but look forward to any stream footage we can get.

3. Berzerk

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
  4. Berzerk

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    Myke likes this.
  5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Victoria? NooooOOOoOOOooooOooo!!!!!!!

Seriously, congrats to Alex! :)

Any stream archives available?

6. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Myke likes this.
  7. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Myke, all the VF players went out for Korean BBQ on Saturday night, it was the most fun I've ever had at a tournament.

You've got some awesome people in your scene, it was like old friends hanging out. Wish you were there, you would have shed a tear for sure!

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just watched the archive, great stuff guys! Literally LOL'd when Megadeth was hugging Alex trying to get him to pose for the stream camera prior to the winner's final match! The Korean BBQ night sounded like it was a blast, and I can visualise Megadeth's generosity running the show for you guys!

Berzerk, great job with the commentary as always, and can I also just say that I was impressed with Gabs (that was Gabs, wasn't it?) co-commentary and his technical knowledge! You guys worked well together.

Nevermind the Sydney scene, there are awesome people in the Australian scene overall and it's great to have opportunities like these to get together. Even though I had a great time in Japan, I'm still spewing that I missed out and can't wait for the next one!

Berzerk likes this.
  9. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG
    Firstly congrats to Alex who was as solid as ever and gave a great showing of what VF play is all about.

A big props to all of the Melbourne contingent and the other interstate players that came out, it was great to catch up with some of you and meet a whole lot of others, including Kisou (AKA Khangsta) who I'd played online but had never met in person!

This was a really enjoyable tournament and it was great to soak up the atmosphere. Thinking back to a previous OHN when VF5 vanilla was released, VF was pretty much a DIY tournament with a very small following. Even though VF5 was the smallest of the official games at OHN, there was a solid base of passionate players who put on a good showing for Aussie VF and got some great hype going for the finals!

Anyway it's definitely got me motivated to get into the training room and I'll be doing all I can to get down to BAM this year. Coincidentally my PS3 died over the weekend, so I've got another excuse to get that xbox and get online, hopefully very shortly!

Substandard and Myke like this.
  10. Substandard

Substandard Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Khangsta
    Nice to meet you too, Chill. :)

Congrats to all top placers, especially AlexMD for taking the top spot - you did great! I was less than impressed with my own performance, but you reap what you sow (even though my PS3 did YLOD the week before OHN and I was intent on at least getting some practice in). Regardless, it was good to meet familiar and new faces, especially MadeManG, whom I had the pleasure of staying and goofing off with over the weekend, haha.

'Til next time, peeps.

11. Berzerk

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    The tournament was great and hanging with all the VF players was the best. It's so good to see that despite smaller than numbers than the other games, we have a significant scene with players of a good range of skill levels. (It was great to have a bunch of you try DOA as well, and see that games good points)

Even better, was gratifying to see people pumped up and energised to keep building the scene and hopefully we'll see you all in Melbourne on May 18-19 for BAM!

(Join for updates www.facebook.com/couchwarriors ) :)