1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[30 Jun 2013] Sega Cup warm up (London)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by MarlyJay, Jun 17, 2013.

By MarlyJay on Jun 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    [​IMG]

On Sunday June 30th RCG are hosting Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown & King of Fighters XIII tournaments

Doors open 12pm – 9pm
    Check in: 12pm – 5.45pm •
    Tourn: 6pm. FREE ENTRY By invitation only. We need 16 TOP VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 players to compete but spaces are limited! To be included please email ” I want in! ” by CLICKING HERE

Platform: XBox 360

Controllers: NOT SUPPLIED – BAC
    [ Bring a Controller ]

Screens: Iiyama PROLITE E2273HDS-1

Headsets: Razer Carcharias

Format: Round Robin Groups into Double Elimination • Matches will be best of 3 • G.Finals best of 5

Free entry to venue, free for casuals & spectators.

Tha_FeauchA likes this.
Sega Cup warm up
Start Date: 30 Jun 2013 12:00 PM
End Date: 30 Jun 2013 09:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST

269-271 Station Rd, Harrow
London HA1 2TB

Posted By: MarlyJay

Confirmed Attendees: 2
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
The following users have RSVP'd "No":

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by MarlyJay, Jun 17, 2013.

• Sega Cup warm up
    Start Date: 30 Jun 2013 12:00 PM
    End Date: 30 Jun 2013 09:00 PM
    Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST

269-271 Station Rd, Harrow
    London HA1 2TB

Posted By: MarlyJay

Confirmed Attendees: 2
    You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
    The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
    The following users have RSVP'd "No":
    1. Feck
      Feck
      Count me in :)
      BlackGeneral likes this.
    2. Ash_Kaiser
      Ash_Kaiser
      And if he's in, I'm in too.

Well, strictly speaking, if I'm not in, he's not in. I'm the one with the train tickets.
      Feck and Mister like this.
    3. Aion
      Aion
      Yep will be there of course.
    4. Jide
      Jide
      Will be there too!
    5. MarlyJay
    6. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      Sorry if this is already known or been said before, but.. Will this be streamed?
    7. Jide
      Jide
      It should be!
      Mister likes this.
    8. Shoju
      Shoju
      I may try coming tomorrow. I haven't played any fighters since last year but I need some motivation to get going again.
      Feck likes this.
    9. Jide
      Jide
      Sorry that there was no stream. It was recorded and the videos should be up very soon.
    10. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      Results

1: MarlyJay (Eileen)
      2: Jide (Goh)
      3: Ash_Kaiser (Wolf)
      4: Aion (Pai)

Lots of very good matches that went down to the wire. Both finals matches with Jide went to the deciding round!! The observers were hyped and it was a good advert for the game. I look forward to the vids.

The deadline for signup to sega cup is approaching, so make sure you sign up!!
      Feck and Mister like this.
    11. Feck
      Feck
      Had fun yesterday and it was good to meet up with the regulars again. Fun meeting folk for the first time too, Aion, Joel, Renegade (sp?) and anyone I might be forgetting :p

Shoju, was good to catch up with you. Hope you can make it in August even if it's just for casuals.

Jide, get some sleep next time! :D
    12. Tricky
      Tricky
      Any news on the Jp players showing up yet?
    13. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      Vid of the tournament Proper

And the Grand Finals

Please visit the youtube page for Unequalled Media Think some casuals are in there too.
      Jide, MDSPrime, Shag and 4 others like this.
    14. Shoju
      Shoju
      Nice meeting everyone again after a long time though I completely missed ZeroEX. Thanks for lending the stick to use during the tournament Feck, good matches and thanks Marly for the drink when I needed it.

Is it possible to just turn up anytime to Sega Europe for few hours of casuals and then leave before the tournament starts? I don't mind paying the tournament entry fee even if I don't actually play in it.
      MarlyJay likes this.
    15. Aion
      Aion
      Yeah it was nice meeting you for the first time Feck, and everyone again. Glad the turnout was actually somewhat decent. We had two more players who came down for casuals but couldn't make the tourney unfortunately.

Tourney could have been way more entertaining if Rory and Leeroy had entered; tbh I've seen Marly vs Jide so many times now lol. Just realised that Rory has yet to show in a VF tourney.

Also, it was nice to see Shoju again; I don't think he's showed up for VF since the pre-launch event.
    16. Tricky
      Tricky
      marly kicking ass making eileen look like a top tier western character!
      MarlyJay and Sozos like this.
    17. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      You see all the 43P+K 236KKK's? Hitchecking that was soooo easy on the lagless setups. People were dropping stuff because they were pressing buttons way too soon.

If Sega cup setups are that responsive it's going to be amazing.
      Tricky and Sozos like this.
    18. Feck
      Feck
      If I can manage to invest in my own lagless setup before then, yeah :p
    19. Jide
      Jide
      Nah, I have to say I was outplayed. Marly played with tons of confidence. He made a really good guess when I did the jumping low attack. He had my number that day...
      GGs... Gotta get stick fixed then going deep into hyperbolic time chamber!
      MarlyJay likes this.