1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

46K+G Follow-ups

Discussion in 'Brad' started by deathsushi, Sep 28, 2008.

1. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I love the auto-stagger on hit of 46K+G. Does anyone have any good suggestions for follow-ups to capitalize on this? I have a habit of following up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, and although this does the trick, and can lead to a second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif if the opponent doesn't tech roll (and a free throw usually if they come up blocking), I'm sure there must be a better way to get guaranteed damage.

Any thoughts?

2. MaltLiqua

MaltLiqua Member

Me personally, I just treat as a forced choice situation. I might use a buffered /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif for a small float combo. I might use a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to keep em honest. I might dash in and use a command throw a few times. If they get hip to that and start using throw escapes then I'll go for a Kao Loy (*spchk?). Many options. I'd say take the opportunity to mix it up a bit. Also, if they're good at stagger recoveries they might attempt an evade...stuff em with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif from LD!

3. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    For the fastest recovery I do Ducking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (against evades) mixed with a throw or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif against crouchers//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

Against slower recovery I go for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or other fast launchers or just a simple /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and follow ups.

4. deathsushi

Malt Liqua - I think you mean /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif from ducking?

Does anyone know if /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is guaranteed to hit after a successful stagger? This would be a fairly optimal hit to go with, as it could then be followed up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif...

5. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

This question had been asked already here
    http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/182596#Post182596

It didn't get too much of a reply because the stagger from 46K+G isn't that great to begin with. It's a bit stronger online but that's about it.

If you really want to come up with some things, go to dojo, set the cpu to stagger recover normal and see what you come up with.
    Then set the cpu to stagger recover at the fastest setting and you will see that there's nothing guaranteed but you might be able to come up with something more creative than anything suggested so far. I'm sure there are things that none of us have come up with yet that wouldn't be guaranteed but worth sharing nonetheless.

6. deathsushi

Yah. Dojo's always there - I just like the collaborative aspect of forums to come up with and share ideas like these.

In my experience, I've been able to consistently score with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, but it feels dirty.

I'll check tonight and report what I find.

7. MaltLiqua

MaltLiqua Member

Yeah I meant from Ducking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif