1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

6K as Down Attack

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tipzntrix, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Well-Known Member

How do you guys feel about this? I don't see it in a lot of high-level play, but personally I'm finding it does more damage than 9P, is safer, and has the added advantage of pulling that mid height tech roll punish if you time it right. The damage I get on this is fairly good. While it's not a true down attack, most of the time they are in that scrapeable state. Other than that 3P is good, but I've been finding I'm replacing 9P with 6K 100% of the time if I am to go for something.

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

So, 9P and 6K are two totally different types of moves. If you're talking about hitting a grounded opponent who doesn't know that they need to tech roll then yeah 6K will scrape them up for extra damage. In that same situation 9P will whiff, so I"m not really sure why you're comparing them in this particular situation.

If they tech roll in many situations where you can land a 6K (non guaranteed), you are launch punishable. You're only getting a small increase in damage, and your opponent can launch you if they are high level enough to know when to tech roll post combo. That's why you don't see it too much in high level play.

6K is a good move in it's own right though.

3. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's all in my head, but I feel like you can confirm that the opponent didn't tech and still land a scrape attack before they are completely in the downed state. So for example after a 3K+G sweep, sure you could wait and 9P, but you could start 6K a little earlier and get more damage out of it.

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

It depends on the combo Tipzntrix. I use 6K plenty, but only in very particular situations.