1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[9/15] Team Crooked Jester NA1/VF5 Monthly - NJ

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Jaxel, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jaxelrod
    VISIT THE CROOKED JESTER WEBPAGE

DATE AND TIME:
    Saturday, September 15, 2007
    4:00 PM for Narutimate Accel
    7:00 PM for Virtua Fighter 5

Edison, NJ 08820
    <ul>[*]Take Garden State Parkway to Exit 131[*]Make RIGHT onto Highway 27[*]Make RIGHT at FIRST light onto Wood Ave (between two gas stations)[*]Make LEFT at THIRD light onto Inman Ave[*]PASS first light (Featherbed Lane)[*]Take IMMEDIATE LEFT onto Ahmerst Ave[*]Ahmerst Ave becomes Emerson St at bend.[/list]Note for NYC players: We are a 5 min drive from Metropark train station and are willing to give you a ride if you get there. Metropark is located on the NorthEast Corridor NJ Transit line and trains run back to NY Penn station as late as 1:41, The train schedule is available in PDF http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/Current/r0070.pdf

TS-Shikamaru and Sasori are banned from Narutimate Accel

HOUSE RULES:<ul>[*]Squatting during casual play is prohibited (no calling "one more! rematch!")[*]You must take a shower before coming to our tournaments (no stinkers)[*]No smoking inside the house (thats what the garage and deck are for)[*]Be clean and courteous (clean up after yourself)[*]Don't walk in front of TVs when matches are being played.[*]Don't throw or punch the house sticks.[*]You can be banned from house stick use.[*]We reserve the right to ban people altogether.[*]We reserve the right to search anyone who is suspected of stealing.[*]Respect my house and other players in the tournament.[/list]
    EQUIPMENT:

Crooked Jester does have their own house sticks! However, it is recommened that you bring your own controllers or sticks because each stick has a personal feel. We also have 3 large TVs to play on. One old TV that we will probably be hosting private sessions on (if you want help learning strat, Crooked Jester and other NJ players will gladly session with you on this TV. One 48" RCA Proscan. And a 38" Sony WEGA TV that will also be outputting to my computer. Any match on the WEGA TV will be recorded and ripped to DIVX video for download on the internet depending on the quality of the match. Money Matches, First Round Challenges and Finals will definately be posted on the web. You may request to not have your videos open to the public; in which case they will be posted on a private section of this forum open only to Crooked Jester tournament regulars.

FEES:

Since the tournaments will be on console, there will be a tournament fee and house fee. We have house controllers and sticks, but you should bring your own anyways.<ul>[*]$10 for Narutimate Accel[*]$10 for Virtua Fighter 5[*]$5 for House Fee[/list]Please don't be late. If you are going to be late, call us before hand so we can hold the start till you arrive. I'm serious this time! We want to start the tournaments at 4:00 PM!

VISIT THE CROOKED JESTER WEBPAGE

2. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    during my honeymoon week. bummer. Maybe I'll come in october.

3. Low_Sweep

Low_Sweep Well-Known Member

I might make it out there again.

4. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jaxelrod
    I would like to remind people... if you are using a PS2/Stick, please bring your own converter. We didn't have enough last time; we only have two.

5. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jaxelrod
    Low Sweep... I'm ready for ya this time... not gonna lose again... A lot has changed in a month... you'll see!

6. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    ill try to make this one...

7. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

Me try to come.

8. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

Re: [9/15] Team Crooked Jester NA1/VF5 Monthly - N

Diss, it's just not possible for you dude; didn't you read the rules?:

You must take a shower before coming to our tournaments (no stinkers)

Just kidding, I couldn't resist. As justifiable as that rule is, it still gives me a good laugh. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

9. DissMaster

Shower Days

Everyone need not worry; Wednesday and Saturday are shower days. As a gesture of goodwill, I am even planning to powder my sac before our casual matches.

10. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Re: Shower Days

Throwmasta, you going to this one?!?

11. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jaxelrod

This week's tournament is officially... SILLY HAT DAY!

12. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

I actually thought about it dude; even though it's gettin kinda late in the week. U goin Diss?

13. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

If I can make it, I'll have my wool beanie =)

14. Low_Sweep

how many people here are coming for sure?

15. DissMaster

I want to go, but I have been bustin my ass for the last three weeks with no real weekend break, so I kind of want to chill. I must meditate on it...

16. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Meditate harder dammit!! Throwmasta, don't think..just go go go!!
    Hmm...currently looking for silly hats but can't find one right now. Can a clown wig do??

LowSweep: You showing up?? Say yes.

17. Low_Sweep

i'll show up but the problem is that if the tournament goes on too long like it did last time i will most likely not come because i won't be able to get home. If i can find a ride back home then i will come for sure but if not i will most likely not be coming.

18. HervE

HervE Active Member

Lowsweep, most times I would hook you up, but I am going north after the tournament is over.

19. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jaxelrod

It shouldn't run as late as it did last time...

Herve, bring an extra TV if you can.

20. DissMaster

Yo Sweepy maybe I can give you a ride back home, or at least to my place where you can crash and then go back on Sunday. Let's talk tomorrow.